Huawei Y300 Bluetooth problems with car

Guest samjet

Guest samjet

Hi

new member and very non technical so please be kind?

first smart phone as previously been happy with a Nokia 3210 - I don't 'do' social media etc and only need a phone for emergency calls from elderly parents etc

but a friend recommended the Y300 - bought from Carphone Warehouse for £39.95 and it uses my Virgin PAYG sim - fine so far

so, after a lot of swearing I got the phone 'fired up'

then tried the Bluetooth connection to my Land Rover - device found - PIN entered and paired up - fine I thought

BUT

every time I 'leave' the car and come back the phone does not automatically 'pair' to the car - I have to do it manually which is a pain in the ass!

rang Carphone Warehouse 'Geek Line' who did not have a clue but said if you can afford a Land Rover buy a better phone - wtf!

so sent a mail to Huawei Help Line - they said to change settings to ensure Bluetooth is always enabled and not 'timed out' - had already done that

fired back an email and they have gone quiet?

so what is wrong? - a 10+yr old Nokia pairs automatically but a brand new smart phone does not?

tried a friends sub £15 phone and it also pairs automatically

help please before this 'compressed' house brick goes in the bin and I go back to an idiot proof Nokia 3210

thanks

Guest rederik75

every time I 'leave' the car and come back the phone does not automatically 'pair' to the car - I have to do it manually which is a pain in the ass

It's not a solution, but as a workaround it's easier to switch off and back on the BT...

Guest ZolaIII

Bluetooth auto pairing with car multimedia is banded by Google & Apple so no matter what Android or iPhone you bay (newer one) you will stil have to do it manually.

Guest wbrambley

Bluetooth auto pairing with car multimedia is banded by Google & Apple so no matter what Android or iPhone you bay (newer one) you will stil have to do it manually.

My work phone (gio) connects automatically to the car kit in my van. (Nokia)

Perhaps try wiping the car kit memory.

Guest samjet

so, basically nobody has an answer?

Huawei UK have gone quiet despite several emails?

seems that under the Sale of Goods Act I'm allowed to return the phone to Carphone Warehouse as 'not fit for purpose' under said act

to Zola III - I've just connected my friends IPhone and it automatically pairs to the car so I think your comments may be incorrect?

Edited by samjet

Guest KenBW2

I had exactly this issue on the stock ROM, pain in the arse. Haven't experienced it on the Cyanogenmod based ROMs though, although I understand that's a lot of hassle if you don't want the rest of what goes with that

Guest wbrambley

so, basically nobody has an answer?

Huawei UK have gone quiet despite several emails?

seems that under the Sale of Goods Act I'm allowed to return the phone to Carphone Warehouse as 'not fit for purpose' under said act

to Zola III - I've just connected my friends IPhone and it automatically pairs to the car so I think your comments may be incorrect?

Are you able to set the Bluetooth on the phone to always visible?

Try that.

I've no idea about setting Bluetooth on the phone to always be visible - sorry

any advice much appreciated

Huawei UK helpline is about as much use as a 'chocolate tea pot'! - all they have given me in the end is a call reference number

dreadful company who do not know the meaning of customer service

Guest wbrambley

I've no idea about setting Bluetooth on the phone to always be visible - sorry

any advice much appreciated

Huawei UK helpline is about as much use as a 'chocolate tea pot'! - all they have given me in the end is a call reference number

dreadful company who do not know the meaning of customer service

While in Bluetooth settings with Bluetooth turned on, press the menu key. You should get a pop up menu with about 3 things, one of them is viability timeout. Set it to never and do this before turning on the vehicle. If your phone was the last one connected the hands free should look for it. Being visible just helps it out sometimes depending on the make or age.