Moving from US rom to DE/FR

Guest jusumgeezer

Guest jusumgeezer

So I've been having a bit of trouble with the US 4.4.2 rom freezing or stuttering & am losing signal too. I was just going to try a factory reset, but then i thought I might try the DE or FR version instead as this will essentially be what is pushed to the rest of europe.

Trouble is when I try to flash the 4.3 DE rom it fails with a downgrade error. I'm using the flashall.bat that is included in the download. I presume this is because im already on the newest version.

Just wondering what is the best proceure for doing this? Do I need to go to UK stock 4.3 first, then DE 4.3?

Guest Simon O

Open the flashall.bat with Notepad and go to line 89. Delete the following two lines:

CALL :fastboot_flash partition gpt.bin
IF %errorlevel% NEQ 0 EXIT /b 1

then save the file and run it again and it should install correctly. The flashing fails because gpt.bin cannot be downgraded but it doesn't actually matter. 

Then you can wait for the OTA or adb sideload it. 

The roms aren't wiping user data & cache so they can cause boot loops if you are going between versions. Fix this by running the flasher from a command line like:

flashall.bat /u /eu /ec

run flashball.bat /? to see the switches. 

Guest jusumgeezer

Deleting that line, makes it flash without any errors. However it gets stuck in a bootloop just after the optomising apps, just trying the Tesco rom to see if that boots all the way up, then i'll try again

Same again bootloop :(

OK, so back on 4.3 unbranded UK using pauls script pinned at the top of the forum, that booted up fine although it did show an error about the gtp.bin, maybe its an issue if its the 4.4.2 on? gonna try the DE rom again now

Failed on .gtp again, edited bat & reflashing again, in progress

Flash successful  :D trying OTA now...Reboot auto detected the OTA on the mem card, prompted to copy into system memory & updating now  :D

Phew!! :P

Edited by jusumgeezer

Guest Simon O

Turn off the phone, open into bootloader then select recovery. At the green android hold volume up then tap power to see the menu. Select wipe data/factory reset see if that lets you boot OK.

if you still have the same issue then boot back into recovery and try sideloading the 4.4.2 update. You can download this from http://www.mediafire.com/download/g40me77bmmbb8vf/Blur_Version.174.44.9.falcon_umts.Retail.en.DE.zip or http://d-h.st/eIu

Update: Found the problem. The roms aren't wiping user data & cache so they can cause boot loops if you are going between versions. Fix this by running the flasher from a command line like:

flashall.bat /u /eu /ec

run flashball.bat /? to see the switches. 

Guest Simon O

phew indeed! Hopefully this thread will help anyone else in the future.

BTW you can flash the DE ROM onto UK devices with locked bootloaders which is really handy to know :D

Guest jusumgeezer

I only found this out recently. Thought I had done all that without unlocking on this handset but aparently not according to the fastboot menu.

Right, factory reset done, off to restore now! Thanks