[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

I've just read this note on slimkat user manual:

Status bar
Tip: Double tap the status bar to turn the screen off (and lock on if enabled).

I dont really want this feature enabled on my phone( for example, if i have brightness slider enabled for statusbar, i can double click the status bar to quickly change the brightness ), how can I disable this?

Thanks for any reply, i really appreciate your work!

What is with SlimKat 8?!?!

With stable releases, Slim tags the code, builds the roms then tests them for a few days before releasing them. So far, no additional patches have been added to gerrit so the testing must be going OK and I would expect the builds to be released soon.

I always make a build as soon as the code gets tagged for the stable release but I won't upload them until Slim officially announce the release. I do this in case there are any last minute fixes that require a rebuild. So, as soon as the announcement is made, I will start uploading unless I am forced to rebuild.

With stable releases, Slim tags the code, builds the roms then tests them for a few days before releasing them. So far, no additional patches have been added to gerrit so the testing must be going OK and I would expect the builds to be released soon.

I always make a build as soon as the code gets tagged for the stable release but I won't upload them until Slim officially announce the release. I do this in case there are any last minute fixes that require a rebuild. So, as soon as the announcement is made, I will start uploading unless I am forced to rebuild.

No need to hurry, Chil.

If I was interested in continuously flashing new ROMs, I would chose CM11: They have new "nightlies" literally every night... :-)

Hello guys, 

I experienced a problem trying to flash SlimKat on my Y300.

2 things I suspect could be the reason (but I'm really noob so..:

a ) I tried to flash the new Rom by using my internal SD: is it neccessary to have an external SD card in your Y300 if you want to flash SlimKat on it?

b ) I tried to flash Slimkat 4.4.4. by using TWRP 2.5.0.1. - I saw later that one topic says "In order to flash Android 4.2+, it's necessary to have newest TWRP version.

backstory below

--

I'm new to flashing android.

Tried to flash my Y300 last night, but experienced a problem.

The successful part:

-> got the TWRP 2.5.0.1. working

-> got the Superuser thing working

Unsuccessful part:

When I tried to flash the SlimKat 4.4.4.build.7.9.20140908, I got the following log:

===============

Format and Mount system, Mount data...

Symlinks and permissions...

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/intern

Error flashing zip '/internal_sd/Slim-u8833-4.4.

==============================

I had no available space on the internal SD to backup my old system. But I did download official 510 firmware and tried to flash that, but I also got an error saying:

===========

Error flashing zip '/internal_sd/G510 firmware(G

===========

How should I proceed?

Once again, TWRP 2.5.0.1. is working fine, but I can't flash anything succesfully.

Thanks for reading and hopefully you can help me get the phone up and running. Cheers

Edited by Ni7E

What's the best way to update from the current position?

I'm only able to boot into TWRP, my original ROM is gone.

EDIT: Aha, ok. I'll try that!

Edited by Ni7E

Sweet! I got it working now!

phew.. a bit of stressful experience flashing for the first time..

Thanks luca 020400, only 14 y/o, im proud of you ^^

Have a great day

Guest tooplanx

Hi,

I upgraded to 7.9 last week from 6.2 and I can't really see any improvements. In fact, I found the performance to be much worse than the previous version. Lots of reloading of apps and the homescreen, Sometimes things freeze up or crash completely.

Also, I've found my mobile internet doesn't work with many apps: they only connect through wifi, if I try to load something on GRSM or 3G it just sits there trying to load for ages but never does. It's odd though because if I go to other apps (like Opera mini) the internet will work.

I hope v8 solves these issues or else I might go back to 6.2

2 questions:

1. My lock screen doesn't display temperature. Instead it just says "--" and when I tap on that, it leads to a google search for "weather".

How to make this work?

2. I use a VPN to connect to internet. It works fine, except that I have to go to settings and connect to the VPN every time I enter my flat.

I would like to make it automatic, and I see there is an option in VPN settings, called "Always-on VPN". However, when I tap on it, my VPN is not listed. Only "None" is available. 

Guest webmariner87

1- Actually i'm not using slimkat, but i think i remember that you've to add the widget to on a screen of the laucher, and there you have to set all the settings of the widget in the lockscree. They're the same. I hope i was clear. Otherwise i will retry =)

2- I don't know =/