[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest luca020400

Chil360 any good updates on SLIMLP, seen daz posted a screenshot on cm12 for our device but said very buggy

Chill got cm12 too

I don't know if he started to work on slimlp

Guest chil360

At the moment the SlimLP sources are not really buildable. CM12 is in a much better state so that is what I have been working on. Once SlimLP is working I can easily port my work across.

I have CM12 booting and it is buggy. Also most of the hardware support needs fixing so there's no wifi, no, audio, no camera, no ril... so it will be a while before it's useable.

Guest clickmeplz

a few minutes work with 8.12

1. owner icon in ststus bar does not work in G510

2. simple explorer have root access and when you copy a file to root directory, it says successfully done!, but nothing realy copy. seems a general problem for all roms which use simple explorer.

Edited by clickmeplz

Guest StewieTech

So which do you pros think will deliver better performance, kitkat or lollipop? Slimkat vs slimlp, cm11 vs cm12 etc putting bugs aside and looking only at the potential of each one...?

Is it normal that my u8825 says that Version 8.8 is the latest?

Yes, that's a software bug. Just click the download button anyway, and it'll download 8.12 which you can install normally.

Guest killadroid

So which do you pros think will deliver better performance, kitkat or lollipop? Slimkat vs slimlp, cm11 vs cm12 etc putting bugs aside and looking only at the potential of each one...?

I think lollipop. the latest the better we just have to wait till L is stable enough

Guest jeffk82

I love kitkat,very smooth,little or no random reboots,always a update on a Wednesday.
But I get double the battery with Aospa and I can not see why :mellow:

Edited by jeffk82

Guest stevelexx

Same thing on my side, Aospa gives me better battery life as compared to slimkat which drains my battery fast. but at least stable slimkat do av better batt life

Guest B3rtm3n

I love kitkat,very smooth,little or no random reboots,always a update on a Wednesday.

I would very much like installing updates like on my pc, without reinstalling/flashing the whole damn thing and have to reset al setting of all the apps I use

Guest jeffk82

I would very much like installing updates like on my pc, without reinstalling/flashing the whole damn thing and have to reset al setting of all the apps I use

You are doing it wrong so

You can wipe the dalvik cache and cache and flash the zip

Or

If you chose to wipe everything, you should back up user apps and data with titanium back up. Then after you setup gmail account, reinstall titanium, grant it root access and reinstall all user apps.

As far as rom settings I am not sure, there really aren’t that many settings to restore and after a while you get faster at doing it

Guest B3rtm3n

Dirty flash is not always working and officially not recommended.

it failed to do so on two occasions. 

Google Store is autodownloading/installing the apps I previously had and also Avast has a nice back up. But I have to login/set passwords for a number of apps and for some reason the Nova back up is being made but never able to be retrieved.

Guest jeffk82

Dirty flash is not always working and officially not recommended.

it failed to do so on two occasions. 

Google Store is autodownloading/installing the apps I previously had and also Avast has a nice back up. But I have to login/set passwords for a number of apps and for some reason the Nova back up is being made but never able to be retrieved.

Turn off auto backup/restore, I found it does not help. Titanium can back up most stuff you need and after that upload nova backup to dropbox or another cloud app

Most of my apps remember all or most of the settings, I know Titanium is expensive, but is worth all the work it saves you from doing