[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest andrea2107

Is it possible to install this rom without an sd card?

Actually my Y300 isn't unlocked yet. I have no sd card... can I unlock the bootloader, flash a recovery and a rom without possessing a microsd?

Thanks

Well,i think yes

Guest evkol

Well,i think yes

I confirm that. :)

I unlocked the bootloader, flashed the recovery (TWRP 2.8.5.0), then booted into the recovery and mounted the USB storage.

I transferred the rom zip into the internal storage, ejected the device from the pc and unmounted the partition from the recovery.

I then wiped everything except "internal storage" and I installed the rom.

It is very cool :) The personalizations like the theme, the Slim Center, Guard, Blocklists etc are unique.

Edited by evkol

Guest jeffk82

Nello everyone...I've tried the ROM....THAT'S THE BEST OUTTA HERE!!! Smooth,fast,never reboots and so on.I added greenify(with donation package),GL tools and odexed all for che best performance,according to me.But only one request....is it possibile ti increase che maximum volume? Because I noticed it's ad low as in stock (forma example in Expert V4 It's really enhanced....but Expert lags a lot andò I prefer slimkat)

Is this something you done?

I googled it and it says its to do with the ROM,cant see how to do it ourself

Guest wbrambley

Well you can change a bit of the UI but you can't install CM Themes but you have the real dark slim ;)

post-1007603-14282250091517_thumb.png

This is SlimKat with Cobalt theme installed using HK theme installer (Exposed module)

Guest wbrambley

But what is odexed?

I asked this and was told about UI

Odex will save space in /data and use extra space in /system. Some say it increases performance (only in system apps) but it is a small increase if any. Were you looking for a tool to odex/de-odex?

Guest jeffk82

Odex will save space in /data and use extra space in /system. Some say it increases performance (only in system apps) but it is a small increase if any. Were you looking for a tool to odex/de-odex?

Thanks for the information

If its worth doing then yes please, any improvement I'm all for B)

Guest El customizator

Install Viper4Android, pick your driver and reboot. (I use the super high one-haven't noticed any battery drain)

Go to UI setting and pick expert. That gives you a whole heap of options and I'm sure UPI will find your way from there.

I also pick show notification from menu, keeps it in memory and give me quick access.

Thanks a lot it's working ;)

Guest El customizator

are whatsapp calls working in this ROM? just asking if anyone has tested

I'll check it immediately :)

Edit: ook I don't know what to say...I've just tried calling my sister(Y300 not rooted, so stock Rom) but it was unsuccessfull....next she tried calling me but she wasn't able to call...that's why I think it must be a whatsapp bug and not something related to the rom :l

Edited by El customizator

Guest killadroid

ok but I tried with aosp mod ROM & it worked well so I don't think it's a WhatsApp bug maybe it's coz VoIP doesn't work on kk

Guest El customizator

I'd like a suggestion from anyone...which governor/scheduler would you recommend?

for example I think I'm not chooosing the Performance one simply because of the battery usage...

Guest dkr84

El customizator, I'll give you a link below where you can find the most detailed description of governors and schedulers. To cut the story short, the best combo I've tried so far:

-Interactive governor (tweaks):

- go high speed load 80

- min sample time 35000

- timer rate 17000

- leave other default

I'm using Synopsis repack, it give me better battery than chil's included kernel..

Sio scheduler (tweaks):

- fifo batch 4

- sync write expire 3000

- writes starved 3

- leave other parameters default

This combo gives me the best performance (also one of the best combo's is: ondemand - deadline or row)

As for the battery, i'm asuming you are using Greenify, and also nobody mentioned Amplify, you donate 1 or 2 dollars to the dev and you can limit the folowing wakelocks (default 240):

- GcoreFlp 

- NFC Service (if you're not using it) 

- WakefullStateMachine: Geofencer

- *net_scheduler*

- NetworkStats

- Icing

- NlpWakelock

- NLPCollectorWakelock

Before using Amplify I was getting aprox. 2 h and above on screen time and now i get 3 and above (I have G510 0200)

Here is the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/general/ref-to-date-guide-cpu-governors-o-t3048957

Guest jetbug123

Hello first of all it's a really great Rom.

But I recently bought a lg g watch and since then my device doesn't go into deepsleep anymore.

The wakelock that keeps the device from sleeping is msm_serial_hs_dma.

I looked it up and I found this http://blog.cryptomilk.org/2012/05/

I tried it but the wakelock was still there.

Please help me, I appreciate every kind of help :)

Guest Marek Wojtaszek

Dialer in this rom is awesome! Now I moved from g330 to Xperia E4 and would like to have this dialer. This is stock android or modded? Or maybe 3rd party?

Guest andrea2107

Dialer in this rom is awesome! Now I moved from g330 to Xperia E4 and would like to have this dialer. This is stock android or modded? Or maybe 3rd party?

Stock KitKat android

Guest madtrigger

@Marek: or have a look at the app "exdialer pro". It's not expensive and personally I think it's the best dialer ever.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Caras69

jIpuLoM.png

Is there any way to fix this issue with black boxes in gallery? Before blackboxes there were all the pictures duplicated. i've tried to clear cache and data at gallery app but no result,just the blackboxes.

I don't know what exactly caused it,it came up yesterday and i noticed it while using whatsapp,it gave me forceclose while trying to send a picture.

EDIT : somehow i've managed to fix it,had to plug/unplug the usb cable and seems to be ok now.

Edited by Caras69