• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.0 UNOFFICIAL [25/08/2015]

4622 posts in this topic

Posted

ANy known issues so far?

Posted

So far...

It boots up successfully, display works, wifi works, audio works, hardware accellerated video works (watching video in MX Player). Setting external SD as primary works. It connects to mobile networks - haven't tried making/recieving calls yet but should be ok.

Only thing I've found not working so far is GPS. It's enabled in settings but when I start a gps app, e.g. GPS Tester, it says 'GPS is off' and the gps status bar icon does not appear.

Will keep working on it!

Posted (edited)

Edited by ShockeyCzT

Posted

So far...

It boots up successfully, display works, wifi works, audio works, hardware accellerated video works (watching video in MX Player). Setting external SD as primary works. It connects to mobile networks - haven't tried making/recieving calls yet but should be ok.

Only thing I've found not working so far is GPS. It's enabled in settings but when I start a gps app, e.g. GPS Tester, it says 'GPS is off' and the gps status bar icon does not appear.

Will keep working on it!

Come again, mate?! Hardware accelerated video works? :O

Posted

Installed fine for me. Everything seemed to work (didn't test gps)

Looks fine, seemed slightly "spongy" if you know what I mean. not laggy, but not super rapid either.

Posted

Come again, mate?! Hardware accelerated video works? :o

I mean the hardware video decoding. I can watch videos in MX Player with the H/W+ decoder enabled. It works just the same as in the CM11 builds.

Posted (edited)

Could you upload some SS? and gj mate!

Edit: You did it :P it looks nice mate keep up i will try it  soon

Edited by barnir

Posted

Can I use this ROM with the G510-0100?

Posted

Yes yo can

Posted

Tried this on g510, all good except browser unusable due to freezing. I couldn't find boot to recovery any where and no popup/quick reply in messaging app.

This is not criticism just feedback.

Keep up the good work, i love slim roms and would like to see g510 version.

Many thanks.

Posted

Tried this on g510, all good except browser unusable due to freezing. I couldn't find boot to recovery any where and no popup/quick reply in messaging app.

This is not criticism just feedback.

Keep up the good work, i love slim roms and would like to see g510 version.

Many thanks.

For the browser issues, in Dazzozo's CM11, he has a patch to enable 'classic' webview instead of using the full chromium webiew. I haven't ported this patch yet - it's a big patch so will take a while!

Advanced Reboot is in Settings > Security, set it to Show Always. I have added this to the FAQ.

G510 - As I have said, I am happy to make a G510 build if someone is willing to test it. Might start doing this later today.

A new build is uploading now - GPS is fixed :D

Posted (edited)

For the browser issues, in Dazzozo's CM11, he has a patch to enable 'classic' webview instead of using the full chromium webiew. I haven't ported this patch yet - it's a big patch so will take a while! Advanced Reboot is in Settings > Security, set it to Show Always. I have added this to the FAQ. G510 - As I have said, I am happy to make a G510 build if someone is willing to test it. Might start doing this later today. A new build is uploading now - GPS is fixed :D
Can you make SlimBean based on Cm 10.1? It's faster then cm11, and more bug free. :) (sorry for bad english) Edited by coavasic96

Posted

battery life? anyone?

Posted

battery life? anyone?

Screenshot_2014_01_18_16_44_08.jpg

Posted

Screenshot_2014_01_18_16_44_08.jpg

thanxx

Posted

!

G510 - As I have said, I am happy to make a G510 build if someone is willing to test it.

If you build it....,...they will come.

Posted

But this ROM is not based on or CM11? The status bar is jerky in CM11 a bit. As is the case Slimkat?

Posted

latest version running well on g510.

gps works, quick reply in sms is working.

just the stock browser to sort.

I'll run it for a while and see how it goes.

many thanks.

Posted

Is it a custom kernel with swap

Posted

Is it a custom kernel with swap

Posted

For me everything is working, but for me everything is a bit too small. Changing dpi only affect bigger icons where some parts of lettering is missing.

Posted (edited)

You have the Rom indeed uploaded for G510! Thank you!

Edited by spanitzer

Posted (edited)

If you build it....,...they will come.

OK, G510 build is done! Nothing to port really for G510, it inherits everything from Y300. Only changes a few things, so should work fine.

Nothing has really changed in the SlimKat sources from 17th to 18th, so for Y300 users, not much point downloading the 18th build.

Edited by chil360

Posted

OK, G510 build is done! Nothing to port really for G510, it inherits everything from Y300. Only changes a few things, so should work fine.

Nothing has really changed in the SlimKat sources from 17th to 18th, so for Y300 users, not much point downloading the 18th build.

Hi do you can build this for g330?you can found sources on dazzoso github,if we flash ROM from y300 audio is not working,can you?