[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest alt-tabtab

Thanks chil360! :)

Hope 8.1 solves reboots whenever dowloading a file over 500 kb or pages with flash. Orbot could be the culprit.

Is it possible a clean install without losing all settings, e-mail, etc.? Looking for a backup app for dummies.

I tried a lot of roms but 8.1 is the best for now. I am staying on it for a long time.

@chil360 but only one more thing, is it possible somehow to fix problem with white boxes in stock browser?

Is better a clean or a dirty from 8.0 to 8.1?

Why i can't find on the first page? Is better to wait that it will posted in this thread?

Go and find post #3199. I will recommend clean install and it is a lot better then 7.9. (I didnt tried 8.0 but there is not too much changes between 7.9 and 8.0).

Hi,

Can i install Pure Performance-X-CM1.4 for this rom? Thanks

That will just slow down phone. If that thing is good developer of rom will put that. And yes you can, it is just mod to disable animations. Edited by LotR656

Guest ascendtomy

I tried a lot of roms but 8.1 is the best for now. I am staying on it for a long time.

@chil360 but only one more thing, is it possible somehow to fix problem with white boxes in stock browser?

Slazem se s tobom skroz[emoji4]

Guest juanpablocastillo

This is purely theoretical, but is possible than the new KGSL drivers and Nokia X EGL libs can solve the slowdowns/glitches in the Chromium WebView, because other devices with KitKat-based ROMs has updated the GPU stuff and it worked. Anyway, again, is only a theory.

Guest webmariner87

Go and find post #3199. I will recommend clean install and it is a lot better then 7.9. (I didnt tried 8.0 but there is not too much changes between 7.9 and 8.0).

That will just slow down phone. If that thing is good developer of rom will put that. And yes you can, it is just mod to disable animations.

Thanks! =) I'm trying it (with a dirty install from 8.0) and seems all good. Maybe i'll do a clean installl with 8.2 if chil360 confirm all the changes that makes better this version. 

Finally skype seems to work!

Guest Jairus1998

If you put notification / ringtone in system/media/audio.. Always fix permission because I tried that and nothing unless I change the permission and reboot then it should work

Edited by Jairus1998

Guest phil2sat

If i install slimkat then under apps i see fm-transmitter. After click it says APP not installed. Where do i get this apk?

Bzw. New adreno libs with synopsis kernel in g330 and slimkat 8.0 works fine.

@chil360 with your kernels do i have always the Problem with sim activation. Sometimes i have to reboot three or five times before it works.

I dont have this Problem with synopsis vor cexstel kernels, it is no Hardware issue.

And i like your kernel so much....

Edited by phil2sat

Guest spikypotato

I think the SlimDEV 8.1 with the new Adreno 203 blobs test build is the smoothest KitKat ROM I've ever used. (so far) 
No sudden force closing of apps and till now, no random reboots yet. :D

The only problem when using this build is force closing always occur in Subway Surfers - Cairo whenever when playing it with WiFi/mobile data turned on. But this problem is also happen in CM11. (KitKat problem, I guess? :unsure:) 

Other than that, it's works fine.  ^_^

Where should I put MP3 custom ringtones? I tried both /system/media/.... and /storage/sdcard/Ringtones, but with no success ...

You will just break all if you dont know. Install Apollo it is music player, with this app you are allowed to set any tone for ringtone.

@chil360

Can you release your kernel updates for KGSL drivers? Thank you.

The kernel kgsl updates are the patches moddingg33k posted here a few weeks ago. I had to modify the patches a little to get them to apply to my kernel. I'm not quite ready to release a new kernel yet but when I am, all of the code will be pushed to my github repo.

From the comments I've read since I released the test build, it seems that the kgsl update & nokia x adreno libs are working well so they will be added to the next weekly build.