[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest chil360

Is the stagefright vulnerability patched in the latest version?

No, not yet. I will copy in the latest patches from the frameworks_av github repo for CM11 to fix this.

I will wait a few days for people to further test this rom then I will do a new build with the stagefright patches and any changes required for any other reported issues.

Guest cachetesmata3

@hvdh I have already patched my frameworks_av sources with the commits from CM11 and tested it using the Stagefright Detector app. The fix will be in my next build.

excellent and when will the next version?

Have tested the latest build for a day.

Problems:

Browser FC when long pressing (most if not all) image links.

Screen hangs then lockscreen shows up and hides in endless loop. Only way to stop is to reboot. This happens when using browser or gaming. Maybe when memory is stressed? Idk. I haven't logcat ever, but if necessary, I'll try next time.

Otherwise, ui is quite smooth. I liked the default dpi. I'm really looking forward to upgrade from AOSP mod. Hope this get stable enough for daily use. Thanks for the build. Cheers and keep it up. 

Guest ASergey

After last update U8951 loses network after a few hours of work until restart.

"Search networks" on settings - mobile networks - Networks operators not worked

Guest killadroid

Sometimes screen doesn't light up especially when browsing using stock browser. I have to remove the battery & system ui is crashing too

Am using y300,latest display-caf build

Guest pakoGDLmx

I have a Huawei G510 and Y300 install build the installed build assets and when the anchorage zone is restarted

What the hell you want to say? Write properly, for god sake! If not, stick to your native language and don't bother using Google Translator or other.

Guest cachetesmata3

What the hell you want to say? Write properly, for god sake! If not, stick to your native language and don't bother using Google Translator or other.

Que al activar la zona WiFi se reinicia el movil

Guest haiku12

Y300 display-caf build

Had same issuue as xSeed but resolved with wallpaper change.

Think it was related to 'The real dark' mode. But having trouble duplicating now.

Great work, thanks.   

Edited by haiku12
my error

Me sucede que cuando deseo activar los datos se tarda mucho en hacerlo, se queda activado pero tarda en funcionar, espero me haga entender

ademas sucede que despues de un momento estos se reinician o se apagan y no vuelven a funcionar hasta que reinicio el movil 

I could not run angry birds 2 and I get fc on display-caf build .

Is it usual ?

Angry Birds 2 needs too much RAM for this phone. It slowly loads to the level selection screen, then it uses around 220MB RAM.
It also requires several google play service processes running (another 50+MB).
When selecting the first level, it quickly rises to >250MB RAM, then dies or is killed because RAM is full.
I have only Whatsapp running in the background. When also running XPrivaxy, it cannot even load to the
level selection screen.

Edited by hvdh

Y300 display-caf build

Had same issuue as xSeed but resolved with wallpaper change.

Think it was related to 'The real dark' mode. But having trouble duplicating now.

Great work, thanks.   

So the Real Dark Slim is the culprit. I tried that feature during my test run, but I never thought it would cause issues even when turned off. Nice that you found a workaround. Guess I'll try SlimKat again with chil's next build or give the current build another run the next weekend.

Guest ShapeCharger

Hello All!

I have a weird problem, can some please advise?

If I flash any of the chil360 kernel the phone just won't boot up, stuck at the Huawei logo. Tried with the latest kernel and some other random version. Did full wipe betweem attempts.

Last thing I did (after a stock restore) is that I made a full wipe and installed ROM and GApps, without Kernel. I have managed to boot up and everything seems working fine at the moment, however I believe the stock kernel is not entierly suitable for Slimkat.

Any idea what went wrong? Should I try another kernel? If so any recommendation?

Thanks in advance

Guest chil360

Sometimes screen doesn't light up especially when browsing using stock browser. I have to remove the battery & system ui is crashing too

Have tested the latest build for a day.

Problems:

Browser FC when long pressing (most if not all) image links.

Screen hangs then lockscreen shows up and hides in endless loop. Only way to stop is to reboot. This happens when using browser or gaming. Maybe when memory is stressed? Idk. I haven't logcat ever, but if necessary, I'll try next time.

Otherwise, ui is quite smooth. I liked the default dpi. I'm really looking forward to upgrade from AOSP mod. Hope this get stable enough for daily use. Thanks for the build. Cheers and keep it up. 

Ah, yes, I had the browser problem before when working on slimkat caf. It's the black box problem in chromium. In the browser you often see black boxes covering portions of the screen (especially images) and in logcat you see chromium errors (It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering or is not 'texture complete') and ion/gralloc out of memory errors. As chromium consumes all of the available memory, it starts crashing parts of system ui too. I forgot about this problem in slimkat as is doesn't happen in slimlp.

Ah, yes, I had the browser problem before when working on slimkat caf. It's the black box problem in chromium. In the browser you often see black boxes covering portions of the screen (especially images) and in logcat you see chromium errors (It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering or is not 'texture complete') and ion/gralloc out of memory errors. As chromium consumes all of the available memory, it starts crashing parts of system ui too. I forgot about this problem in slimkat as is doesn't happen in slimlp.

Yes, i just had the issue. When waking the phone, memory allocation for graphics fails and the lock screen cannot come up.
Then it logs:
    I/WindowManager(  567): Out of memory for surface!  Looking for leaks...
    W/WindowManager(  567): No leaked surfaces; killing applicatons!
...but it doesn't help. When manually killing the com.android.chrome process, the lock screen comes up again fine.

btw: the largest buffer (6.3MB) seems to come from com.android.systemui.ImageWallpaper.

Here's some details:

E/OpenGLRenderer(10997):   Out of memory!
E/Sensors (  567): sensors_poll_context_t::pollEvents, line 202: receive event #### i=2, nb=0
E/qdmemalloc(  143): ION_IOC_ALLOC failed with error - Out of memory
E/qdgralloc(  143): gralloc failed err=Out of memory
W/GraphicBufferAllocator(  143): alloc(480, 800, 1, 00000933, 0 ...) failed -12 (Out of memory)
D/GraphicBufferAllocator(  143): Allocated buffers:
D/GraphicBufferAllocator(  143): 0xb89e2fd0: 1500.00 KiB |  480 ( 480) x  800 |        1 | 0x00001a03
D/GraphicBufferAllocator(  143): 0xb89e7ff0:   58.12 KiB |  480 ( 480) x   31 |        1 | 0x00000b03
[..]
D/GraphicBufferAllocator(  143): 0xb8a34358: 6279.00 KiB | 1340 (1344) x 1196 |        2 | 0x00000b03     <-- big one!
[..]
D/GraphicBufferAllocator(  143): Total allocated (estimate): 18395.25 KB
E/        (  143): GraphicBufferAlloc::createGraphicBuffer(w=480, h=800) failed (Out of memory), handle=0x0
E/BufferQueue(  143): [Keyguard] dequeueBuffer: SurfaceComposer::createGraphicBuffer failed
E/Surface (10997): dequeueBuffer failed (Out of memory)

Guest Jairus1998

Yes, i just had the issue. When waking the phone, memory allocation for graphics fails and the lock screen cannot come up.
Then it logs:
    I/WindowManager(  567): Out of memory for surface!  Looking for leaks...
    W/WindowManager(  567): No leaked surfaces; killing applicatons!
...but it doesn't help. When manually killing the com.android.chrome process, the lock screen comes up again fine.

btw: the largest buffer (6.3MB) seems to come from com.android.systemui.ImageWallpaper.

Here's some details:

E/OpenGLRenderer(10997):   Out of memory!
E/Sensors (  567): sensors_poll_context_t::pollEvents, line 202: receive event #### i=2, nb=0
E/qdmemalloc(  143): ION_IOC_ALLOC failed with error - Out of memory
E/qdgralloc(  143): gralloc failed err=Out of memory
W/GraphicBufferAllocator(  143): alloc(480, 800, 1, 00000933, 0 ...) failed -12 (Out of memory)
D/GraphicBufferAllocator(  143): Allocated buffers:
D/GraphicBufferAllocator(  143): 0xb89e2fd0: 1500.00 KiB |  480 ( 480) x  800 |        1 | 0x00001a03
D/GraphicBufferAllocator(  143): 0xb89e7ff0:   58.12 KiB |  480 ( 480) x   31 |        1 | 0x00000b03
[..]
D/GraphicBufferAllocator(  143): 0xb8a34358: 6279.00 KiB | 1340 (1344) x 1196 |        2 | 0x00000b03     <-- big one!
[..]
D/GraphicBufferAllocator(  143): Total allocated (estimate): 18395.25 KB
E/        (  143): GraphicBufferAlloc::createGraphicBuffer(w=480, h=800) failed (Out of memory), handle=0x0
E/BufferQueue(  143): [Keyguard] dequeueBuffer: SurfaceComposer::createGraphicBuffer failed
E/Surface (10997): dequeueBuffer failed (Out of memory)

Do you think this problem aplied same as your SlimLP?