[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

@chil360 Is chromium also used in game logins or even ads? I just don't want my games suddenly crashing without even making it past the main menu(happens sometimes with the current build), although my only gripe is the browser. I only play 8 ball pool and CoC and I know our device can handle them. Thank you as always. I'll try again your next build. 

Guest Mr.fungi

Hey! Awesone work man!

I just installed it and ot runs very smooth. 

I have an Ascend G510 ( the chinese version with dual SIM). 

The thing is that just like in the ROM kk from dazozo The speaker doesn't work for me (am i the only one?)

Edit:

Hey! i just realized that my battery just reach 43% and then it doesn't move  :D

Edited by Mr.fungi
found another thingy in the ROM

Guest chil360

Do you think this problem aplied same as your SlimLP?

No, there is no problem with chromium in SlimLP.

@chil360 Is chromium also used in game logins or even ads? I just don't want my games suddenly crashing without even making it past the main menu(happens sometimes with the current build), although my only gripe is the browser. I only play 8 ball pool and CoC and I know our device can handle them. Thank you as always. I'll try again your next build. 

Yes, there are many games & apps that use the built in browser engine so using these can start building up the memory issues of chromium and start crashing system ui and other apps.

I'm not sure of the best thing to do at the moment. I could revert back to using classic webview but this would negate most of the benefits of building with display-caf in slimkat. Chromium brings much better app compatibility because apps running in kitkat expect the built in web engine to be chromium and crash if it's not. I will make another build with the fixes so far (stagefright, voip) and then continue to look for a fix for chromium.

Guest chil360

New display-caf build available - see OP.

For this build I modified the kernel to give surfaceflinger an extra 8mb of memory - 'About Phone' now shows memory as 396mb. It's not a fix for the chromium problems but it does seem to help. It takes a bit more to stress the browser memory before you start seeing problems. Installing another browser (e.g. Chome or Firefox) and setting it as the default browser will also help to avoid using the built in chromium browser engine as much as possible.

New display-caf build available - see OP.

For this build I modified the kernel to give surfaceflinger an extra 8mb of memory - 'About Phone' now shows memory as 396mb. It's not a fix for the chromium problems but it does seem to help. It takes a bit more to stress the browser memory before you start seeing problems. Installing another browser (e.g. Chome or Firefox) and setting it as the default browser will also help to avoid using the built in chromium browser engine as much as possible.

Installed new 20150901 display caf about 1,5 hours ago, runs fine so far.

Thanks a lot, chil, for continuously bringing new life in our almost obsolete devices !

Is it possible to apply the VoiP Fix without flashing the new Firmware? Want to keep my Version of this Rom since its working really well and VoiP is the only thing that is not working. I use the G330 Version.

Guest Mr.fungi

Hello it's me again...I just noticed that the camera app crashes when I try to take a photo it's just with the rear camera. Any suggestion? Help maybe?

Guest audezeee

Hello it's me again...I just noticed that the camera app crashes when I try to take a photo it's just with the rear camera. Any suggestion? Help maybe?

You change the resolution to 3MP, and the quality to 100% . It works fine for me.

The only one issue is the battery consumption. I left it out for a sleep at 100%, and i woke up find it out at 20%

. Data package was on

Everything seems good now. Didn't experience any problem at all in a day of use. Standby time could be better but I'm not that worried, as long as it gives me at least 2 hours of screen time. I'll be using 20150901 build as my daily rom and report if something goes wrong. Thank you as always for the continued support. 

Looks like the problem is with the phone never going into deep sleep, wakelock detector and cpu spy shows my phone has been active for a whole 8 hours and no app is using battery, it's the android system itself.

Constant battery drain. Not getting deep sleep with gps wakelock even though I have it turned off in the settings.

Screenshot_2015-09-05-08-01-25.png

Edit:

Now camera doesn't work even after a reboot. I'll attach a log, if it helps.

2015-09-05-13-00-46.txt

Edited by xSeed
Added camera error log

Yeah, I can confirm that there's huuuuuge battery drain in display-caf. Had 79%, I woke up and I have 40%.

Also SlimKat does not see my Steelseries Free Wireles Controler by Bluetooth. It has two modes - one for android(should be saw as gamepad), one for iPhone(android sees it as keyboard). SlimKat does not see gamepad in Android mode, but sees in iPhone mode. It's sad :(

LG L Fino(stock KitKat) find gamepad without problems in Android mode.

Guest wbrambley

The broken deep sleep issue came with the voip fixes. There's a patch available now
(2 pull requests on https://github.com/SlimKat-Y300/android_device_huawei_msm7x27a-common)
that fixes deep sleep on my G330. I didn't whether voip is still working.
I'm sure chil360 will add it in the next build.

Looks good, will apply it manually and check deep sleep throughout the day tomorrow. (I'm also on a self compiled legacy build)