[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest mockingbird

Flashed the last build and I'm eager to use it as a daily driver for a couple of days . One thing...I'm not able to add more lockscreen widgets...is there a checkbox I must check for this ?

Why ,with this ROM, the app Facebook crash ? it's inexplicable. When I open the notifications facebook crashes. and then i find 35 mb in Data Application. :(

There's only one reason for this and its nothing to do with slimkat.....

The Facebook android app is totally pants and crap.

It crashed when I was on stock, it crashed on stock based ROMs and it crashed on cm10, 10.1, 10.2 and 11, and finally slimkat.

Notice the pattern?

Go on Facebook via browser.

Browser don't crash :-D

Why ,with this ROM, the app Facebook crash ? it's inexplicable. When I open the notifications facebook crashes. and then i find 35 mb in Data Application. :(

There's only one reason for this and its nothing to do with slimkat.....

The Facebook android app is totally pants and crap.

It crashed when I was on stock, it crashed on stock based ROMs and it crashed on cm10, 10.1, 10.2 and 11, and finally slimkat.

Notice the pattern?

Go on Facebook via browser.

Browser don't crash :-D

@zola

I've returned to stock and updated my firmware from B175 to B195 via the app and instructions elsewhere on modaco, but WiFi is still very unreliable and this firmware is PAINFULLY slow :-(

Im now trying to reflash twrp and slimkat but cant because my y300 isn't recognised by the software on laptop even though I've followed all instructions and downloaded device drivers.

I can't tell if my boot loader is unlocked or locked and I can't flash twrp either.

Help? (Bottom lip dropping)

Guest rederik75

Oops at double post....try fast for Facebook from pkaystore maybe??

I use Atrium, it's light and has the useful feature of not staying in memory after close...

Guest mockingbird

hey guys, can anyone tell me the performance of this rom. would you go for this or daz's cm11?

Neither xD I went back to CM10.1 because of the random reboots and the ui lagyness..

Guest rederik75

hey guys, can anyone tell me the performance of this rom. would you go for this or daz's cm11?

they're close in performance, maybe this one has less issues, and also better on battery

Daz suspended his work at least 1 month ago, so the development on Y300 side it's stopped, the rom receives only updates from the main CM development. Issues related to our device are not solved.

I had CM11 since late Dec.2013, then switched to Slim a couple of weeks ago and I'm happy with it.

I'm not going to change, by now

Guest chil360

@chil360 can you take a look on this? 

Interesting... the P710 uses the same processor/gpu. Looks like a lot of things worth trying - will keep me busy for a while!

wifi keeps on dropping :wacko:

are you sure it doesn't depend on your wi-fi network? It happens with every networks? I ask because this weekend it happened to me at a friend's house but it is an isolated case.

Guest TheKisama

they're close in performance, maybe this one has less issues, and also better on battery

Daz suspended his work at least 1 month ago, so the development on Y300 side it's stopped, the rom receives only updates from the main CM development. Issues related to our device are not solved.

I had CM11 since late Dec.2013, then switched to Slim a couple of weeks ago and I'm happy with it.

I'm not going to change, by now

Thank you very much.

Guest rederik75

Interesting... the P710 uses the same processor/gpu. Looks like a lot of things worth trying - will keep me busy for a while!

THIS is the main difference between CM11 and Slim at the moment... an active developer that takes care of our device!

thanks, Chil!

by the way: big respect for Daz that opened the way to KK on Y300, if he's not active at the moment surely has some good reason..