[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest rederik75

Probably a stupid question, but is it possible to change the governor etc? I can't seem to find the option anywhere (I'm coming from CM11) or do I need to install something else to access the settings?

I've just updated to slimkat 3.4 btw.

You need an app..

You can use performance control, trickster mod, pimp my rom... and many others

Guest chil360

@chil360 can be useful egl libs on this page? https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/4122/

Probably not. The d2lte doesn't even have an adreno gpu! I don't know why these blobs were committed.

I'm hoping Qualcomm will release new drivers for kitkat for the adreno 200 series. The just released new adreno 300 blobs.

Guest chil360

@rederik75 You shouldn't need to wipe /data but I usually do a full wipe

@painteramit The cpu max frequency & battery drain issue was related to qosmgr interfering with different cpu govenors. I removed qosmgr a couple of weeks ago as it doesn't really provide much benefit - a lot of custom roms for other devices say to disable it by renaming it but I just removed it completely.

Guest Romagnolo1973

we only can hope Qualcomm develops adreno 200 drivers for KK now that Nokia X with the same gpu is on market, but depends if nokia trust in this X smartphone and it remais on JB or move to KK

Guest Romagnolo1973

Music playback still stops for a second when you turn off the screen, and systemui seems to crash on every reboot.

try change the I\O can probably solve the audio issue

Guest mockingbird

try change the I\O can probably solve the audio issue

I tried all of them , another thing is mpdecision turned off makes CM10.1 buttery smooth , but on Slimkat it reverts on every boot.

Guest Gianfrix

Can't flash it, TWRP gives me error O.o I downloaded it twice and I always have this MD5

gianfrix@entropy ~/Downloads % md5sum Slim-u8833-4.4.2.build.3.4.20140303-CHIL360.zip  
ba1254295a521820ab22baf99ca35b6c  Slim-u8833-4.4.2.build.3.4.20140303-CHIL360.zip

Is it correct?

Edited by Gianfrix

Guest Romagnolo1973

Can't flash it, TWRP gives me error O.o I downloaded it twice and I always have this MD5

gianfrix@entropy ~/Downloads % md5sum Slim-u8833-4.4.2.build.3.4.20140303-CHIL360.zip  
ba1254295a521820ab22baf99ca35b6c  Slim-u8833-4.4.2.build.3.4.20140303-CHIL360.zip

Is it correct?

Check your TWRP version because only last 2.6.3.3 can flash KK roms.

And if you have it installed try install it again

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest Gianfrix

Check your TWRP version because only last 2.6.3.3 can flash KK roms.

And if you have it installed try install it again

I already have 2.6.33 ;)

It turns out that it has been corrupted during the copy via USB (I guess a faulty cable), infact I couldn't open it with my file manager on the phone...

Guest chil360

Music playback still stops for a second when you turn off the screen, and systemui seems to crash on every reboot.

I get the audio issue but haven't had any problems with systemui so far.

I just tried installing my old kernel (boot.img from last weeks SlimKat 3.2) and I still have the audio issue so it's not kernel related.

Guest mockingbird
I get the audio issue but haven't had any problems with systemui so far. I just tried installing my old kernel (boot.img from last weeks SlimKat 3.2) and I still have the audio issue so it's not kernel related.
Can you make the kernel without mpdecision ? Its much better without it. And if you could remove the effect darkening background when you pull down statusbar, that should make the pull down smoother. Edited by mockingbird