[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest Taiji2078

Yep. Blank screen, only the light behind is working. I had to restore a nandroid backup made before installing it, ofc.

I also wrote some harsh messages to Qualcomm and Huawei. I will never buy a Huawei device again and also I will never buy a product that has Qualcomm inside. Why Samsung can provide support for ALL of their devices but Huawei cannot even support their last year products ?! The phone wasn't for free ... Anyway ... will keep trying until I break this phone and throw it in a real recycle bin :)

Edited by Taiji2078

I'm also spamming Huawei with e-mails, to release drivers for Y300 ... no answer yet ... I guess I won't get any answer from them ever ... 

That is making me laughing out loud :D

I did contact Huawei several times, asking for the source code of the WiFi drivers. Guess what....no answer. The regional support of my country was the only one answering: "Sry, but we can not help you" (either they didn't want to or the guy answering didn't even know what I were talking about).

So don't expect any help from Huawei regarding driver support for KitKat.

They assembled the product, they made it work ("somehow") and they sold it. They are done with devices like Y300/G510.

[...] I will never buy a product that has Qualcomm inside. Why Samsung [...]

It's not that I wanna scare you, but even Samsung is using Qualcomm chipsets in their devices. Although Samsung is about to develop their own chips, they didn't reach the level Qualcomm's chips have. It's also a matter of money. Why should they bother spending millions of $$$ when they can simply buy some cheap chines chips ;)

Guest Taiji2078

It's not that I wanna scare you, but even Samsung is using Qualcomm chipsets in their devices. Although Samsung is about to develop their own chips, they didn't reach the level Qualcomm's chips have. It's also a matter of money. Why should they bother spending millions of $$$ when they can simply buy some cheap chines chips ;)

True. I was trying to do my best. It's a lost war. They are making the rules, we obey.

I can only buy again an iPhone, but I don't want to. I like Android better already :) I was hoping for a miracle with the Y300 ... but Santa wasn't real, right ? :) I was really pissed about my old Samsung Galaxy S Plus, that I have for 3 years now ... how the heck are they able to deliver everything right with KitKat on this phone, but they can't do the same with Huawei ... (I mean drivers and everything ... it's and Adreno 205 afterall).

Anyways, I just reached the end of the week. This was my deadline in wasting time on this matter. In my opinion this subject is closed.

I love your work on the SlimKat :D You're even ahead the XDA forum devs with the latest release :) Congratulations for your work and thank you again ! 

Guest bogdanwp

It`s already up for downloading. Already flashed , working great. Kinght25 , i flashed your fix , it doesn`t seem to be doing anything mate , are you sure it`s working ?

Flashed this rom yesterday. Very good.

But, don't know why, the phone cannot connect to camera and to microphone. Someone can help me?

Guest Cygnet's

Flashed this rom yesterday. Very good.

But, don't know why, the phone cannot connect to camera and to microphone. Someone can help me?

Mine is working fine, try doing a clean flash; wipe cache, dalvik cache, system and data before flashing the rom.

Guest Swedoxi

Updated and works great! have no problem. Dont know why you guys post fix for volume :P my volume works good. What i do when i flash this rom is simple. Wipe dalvik and  cache then just flash latest rom, gapps, kernel. After that wipe dalvik and cache again and reboot. Works everytime :)

Awesome work on this rom <3

Guest anotherjib

Everything completely OK with 5.4

One question - before flashing 5.4 I had kernel .38, after flashing it shows .39. Does this mean kernel is included? Do we need to flash new kernel or not?

Guest SH3H1

I think for high volume..,we can use the audio libraries from previous build (one before FM implementation) !

Or the library from fonz93 's high volume tweak :)

Try and let me know ;)

Edit: @Up

In every update the latest kernel is included,no need to flash the kernel again ;)

Edit2: weekly 5.4 any faster or smoother v/s Stable 5?

Edited by SH3H1

Guest herrdeh

Hi everybody, here comes my mantra: What about bluetooth keyboard? - Does it pair, but not connect as cm10.2 and 11?

Yours, herrdeh

Edited by herrdeh

Guest anotherjib

In every update the latest kernel is included,no need to flash the kernel again ;)

Oh thanks now I know

Was suspecting this from the beginning :D

Good I did not flash it last time - would replace new version with older one

Edit2: weekly 5.4 any faster or smoother v/s Stable 5?

Seems like, but hard to say, if it is then only slightly better. When I run Antutu for the first time it showed slightly better result than for 5 and slightly worse than for 5.2, but then Antutu never shows the same result again, always different whenever I run it.

It is definitely more stable, only one random reboot occurred with 5.4 when restoring some setting, vs several with 5 and 5.2

PS ...should not say that :D - just a minute ago had a reboot when running speedtest...

Edited by anotherjib

Guest Mirke

Chil will you add this feature in your next release or is it already in 5.4?

New Commit from Dazzozo on github:
msm7x27a-common: add lights HAL blob from u8833 stock,Allows the device to deep sleep while blinking.

Guest rederik75

msm7x27a-common: add lights HAL blob from u8833 stock,Allows the device to deep sleep while blinking.

This would be great!

+1

Guest hgoldy300

Great! I was waiting for that fix for so long..

Guest chil360

It's not in 5.4. I will add it in my next release.

Guest Taiji2078

Lucky you :) ... my emoji fonts aren't working yet ... but I guess I'll never see them working. Qualcomm officially responded that will never support Adreno 203 in the future. Huawei isn't responding to any of my messages. 

Maybe some dev will decide to manually port the S3 Adreno 205 GPU driver libs to our device's kernel ... but this is no easy task.

Anyway, thank you again for all your work - I will always try your releases.

(My opinion about Huawei and Qualcomm is now formed. I will be very careful when buying my next phone.)

Guest ZolaIII

The last Adreno GPU that is using a 2xx driver is Adreno 303 & Qualcomm will support it for at least one more year bat that's it! There is no specific driver for a specific Adreno they go by the series and EGL version! Huawei is that what it is. Problem is that msm7x27(a [8x25(q)]) are out dated for their is no more support for it. How ever as a closest relative msm8x10 is still maintained. About Qualcomm I have a very worst opinion!