[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest B3rtm3n

Hi Chil 

just saw your post that you are using 3.4 kernel. Just was curious why you are using old kernel and not 3.8 or 3.10?

Btw did dirty upgrade and all is running ok, this really is a huge improvement over the stockfirmware it was running when I bought it.

thanks a lot!

Edited by B3rtm3n

Guest Aqirul

this rom is nice.. but the screen caller take sometimes to respond... :3 .. ringging, but no display, not after a few second later :3 hmm.. fix that? thanks for rom anyway..

Guest Untot

But Dazzozo have old sources and he not support his thread!

ALL kitkat sources are ported by Dazzozzo!

chil360 and the other kitkat rom devs are using Daz's github as base for their roms

Guest Swedoxi

this rom is nice.. but the screen caller take sometimes to respond... :3 .. ringging, but no display, not after a few second later :3 hmm.. fix that? thanks for rom anyway..

Had this problem before. Made a clean install and now it works! try that :)

Guest gregySK

Edit line in build.prop "ro.telephony.call_ring.delay" from 3000 to 0 ms.

post-1034795-14025099622992_thumb.jpg

Guest wbrambley

I have a slight problem getting VPN connection to work using VPNCilla with the latest SlimKat 5.8 on my Y300. Here the logcat output. Maybe the module is not updated with the new kernel?

I/ip6tables(  134): ip6tables v1.4.11.1: can't initialize ip6tables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
I/ip6tables(  134): Perhaps ip6tables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
I/ip6tables(  134): ip6tables terminated by exit(3)
E/Netd    (  134): exec() res=0, status=768 for /system/bin/ip6tables -t nat -D st_nat_POSTROUTING -o tun0 -m mark --mark 61 -j MASQUERADE

I will try the Android VPN, maybe that works. Anybody else having problems with 5.8 and VPN?
I just logged into several of our hospitals using VPNCilla. I'm using build 5.8 and did a dirty flash from 5.6 no issues here. [emoji4]

Guest anotherjib

Hi Guys I am going to try slimkat....

IN your opinion which is the stablestbuild so far for a daily usage?

Thank YOU ;-)

For me the last one is the best up to now - not a single reboot

Guest Swedoxi

I can see this device still has the heartbleed bug. Cant you fix that with some update to this rom?

Or i will go back to stock rom cuz they said update is out for that. and im going to check if thats true :p

Edited by Swedoxi

Guest Swedoxi

The Heartbleed bug is only in 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 because this versions have Heartbeat activated.

The version of OpenSSL on your device is affected by the Heartbleed bug (1.0.1e). Sooo im safe you say??

Guest fonz93

The version of OpenSSL on your device is affected by the Heartbleed bug (1.0.1e). Sooo im safe you say??

Which app do you use to check it? Post a screenshot of that Edited by fonz93

Guest Swedoxi

Which app do you use to check it? Post a screenshot of that

Lookout: Heartbleed Detector! 

Edited by Swedoxi

Guest juanpablocastillo

What version of Android has your second snapshot?

EDIT: Sorry, Google Translate.

Edited by juanpablocastillo

Guest Swedoxi

The picture says the vulnerability is not enabled (Heartbeat). No matter if the version is vulnerable.

Well then. Im just very paranoid when it comes to s*** like this xD