[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Hey Guys I am very new to this and i flashed my Huwawei Y 300-100 with slim kat 5.4 with Trwp. No bugs. It is very smooth and the device is so much faster now. I have put my External Sd card as the the primary storage for apps and media or as the default memory. I installed Fifa 12 and it works really well. Performance of the game has increased compared to when I was playing it on the stock rom. The only issue I have is that now other games that used to work before on the stock rom are not working on this slim kat rom 5.4. Real Racing 2 was working on the stock rom along with revolt and NBA 2k 13 but now after i install the game and open it it loads up and after 3-4 seconds stops and a message appears that the game has stopped working. And sometimes it says cant read directory when i start the game. Can someone help me with this please. I really wanna play this games on this new rom. Thanks in advance and sorry if my english is not good.

Guest spikypotato

..And sometimes it says cant read directory when i start the game. 

I used to have this problem too after I tick the "use external SD for apps and media" box in Settings>Storage. Solved this by moving game files in phone memory to SD card...or the other way around. 

Guest Mirke

65Mhz min, and you have problems waking up from deep sleep? Imspossible! (Being sarcastic)

245MHz should be the lowest possible value you go. I propose 320 min. There is no point in going so low, CPU just uses much more power and cycles to go up from 96. (Pretera ga ti !!!)

Interactive + row is just such a waste. Better use lulzactive, ondemandX or Intellidemand! Sio, sioplus and deadline are also better in combos with above mentioned Governors.

Guest ZolaIII

65Mhz min, and you have problems waking up from deep sleep? Imspossible! (Being sarcastic)

245MHz should be the lowest possible value you go. I propose 320 min. There is no point in going so low, CPU just uses much more power and cycles to go up from 96. (Pretera ga ti !!!)

Interactive + row is just such a waste. Better use lulzactive, ondemandX or Intellidemand! Sio, sioplus and deadline are also better in combos with above mentioned Governors.

The 196MHz frequency is ideal as a minimum as you won't have problems with it & governor won't neurotically jump up on every event. As it goes for rest deadline & ondemand are more then good in of.

Tip: in ondemand settings enable the io_is_busy putting it to 1 as you will have increase in R/W performance. :P

@ Chil remove Harm's "ARM: Optimize memset/memcp" as it actually can harm... :D

P's you could also optimize frequency table so that we have no discussions like this.

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest anotherjib

Hm with interactive (&sio+) I had antutu 7791; when I switched to lulzactive without changing anything else it dropped to 7417...

I used to have this problem too after I tick the "use external SD for apps and media" box in Settings>Storage. Solved this by moving game files in phone memory to SD card...or the other way around. 

Thanks for responding mate :) . So how do I do that..Should I go to settings>apps and then click on the apps of the games and move to sd ? 

Guest Karakura Red

I'm getting reboots sometimes when opening the Memrise app. But it's my 4th or 5th dirty update, I'll do the next one clean and hope it will solve it.

But apart from that it's a really great rom! I won't go back to Stock for sure after this.

Edited by Karakura Red

Guest abayani

first of all thanks for the great work

but I have problem with network antenna((my location is iran)) .sometimes in safe mood is available but in normal mood  no signal .reboot doesn't solve it

thanks for you replay and sorry for bad English.

Edited by abayani

Guest SIMONPRO

i get reboot today when i was trying to video recording using google camera

also when i start record the video sometime the app freeze while showing it continue to record(it like take a picture then continue display time)

any one know what is the problem

Edited by SIMONPRO

Guest tooplanx

Hi all.

First of all, big thanks to the developers of this ROM!

A few problems though...

I was using v4.9 for a while, but after a while I realised that GPS wasn't working at all - it simply wouldn't turn on. So I decided to upgrade to the latest slimkat version (5.9). Did this OTA and wiped cache and dalvik like instructed.

Unfortunately, I still can't get GPS to work and the phone is still pretty buggy, in fact more buggy than the previous version. My lock screen would go beserk and / or freeze up whenever an app would try to override / interact with it (such as my alarm) and one day it rebooted and seemed like it had reset alot of settings. When this happened I also lost the ability to find or connect to any network and I noticed the apn had disappeared. I reflashed the ROM and have now got network back.

I also have a weird bug that seems to half block out images when using the stock browser - I get large white spaces across images and websites.

Phone generally seems slow again and lots of these bugs are appearing, some of which are critical (no gps and network!).

I don't know if this is a problem with the upgrade I did so I think I'll try doing a clean install, but I'm looking at the Expert v4 ROM which I've heard lots of good things about.

Edited by tooplanx

Guest markoprogramer

Hi all.

First of all, big thanks to the developers of this ROM!

A few problems though...

I was using v4.9 for a while, but after a while I realised that GPS wasn't working at all - it simply wouldn't turn on. So I decided to upgrade to the latest slimkat version (5.9). Did this OTA and wiped cache and dalvik like instructed.

Unfortunately, I still can't get GPS to work and the phone is still pretty buggy, in fact more buggy than the previous version. My lock screen would go beserk and / or freeze up whenever an app would try to override / interact with it (such as my alarm) and one day it rebooted and seemed like it had reset alot of settings. When this happened I also lost the ability to find or connect to any network and I noticed the apn had disappeared. I reflashed the ROM and have now got network back.

I also have a weird bug that seems to half block out images when using the stock browser - I get large white spaces across images and websites.

Phone generally seems slow again and lots of these bugs are appearing, some of which are critical (no gps and network!).

I don't know if this is a problem with the upgrade I did so I think I'll try doing a clean install, but I'm looking at the Expert v4 ROM which I've heard lots of good things about.

I don't have that kind of problems. In fact I don't have any problems. The phone is working fast and smooth. Faster than ever. Try doing a clean install. I think it will fix that problems.

Guest painteramit

for the unknown reasons, the mobile network stops detecting the SIM in my Y300 after 6-8 hours of usage of phone.

this happened twice. 

both the times, I did full wipes.

Guest Sportfreunde

Mobile network not being detected and sim card not working or whatever (I'm in the carribean atm)....it says can't register on network, your sim isn't compatible or something. Other users earlier reported the same problem and I saw no fix...that's probably the biggest issue and I'd like to know why it's only happening on certain ones. Everything else seemed to be working fine but had to switch to ExpertV4 because of that problem.

Hope it can get sorted out. This was after doing a full wipe because I was switching to this rom for the first time, not upgrading.

Guest fonz93

Mobile network not being detected and sim card not working or whatever (I'm in the carribean atm)....it says can't register on network, your sim isn't compatible or something. Other users earlier reported the same problem and I saw no fix...that's probably the biggest issue and I'd like to know why it's only happening on certain ones. Everything else seemed to be working fine but had to switch to ExpertV4 because of that problem.

Hope it can get sorted out. This was after doing a full wipe because I was switching to this rom for the first time, not upgrading.

Can you try to flash this and see if it solves your problem? http://www.mediafire.com/download/lm8e0s17b5gcy95/Flashable+Cust+Custom+ROM.zip

Guest Sportfreunde

Will give that a try later, cheers.

Also, which CPU setting do you recommend (for non-gaming, basically just battery saving but without the device lagging)?

Guest bogdanwp

I had the mobile network issue when i innitialy flashed 5.9 on monday. I rebooted the phone , it worked , and never had a problem since then. As for CPU setting i use intellidemand with deadline scheduler.

Guest fonz93

Will give that a try later, cheers.

Also, which CPU setting do you recommend (for non-gaming, basically just battery saving but without the device lagging)?

ondemand - row/deadline

Edited by fonz93