[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest painteramit

Hi Chil360,

I am with Slimkat 6.2

do you suggest to install SwapDrogonX on this ROM?

if yes, which one? V1 or V2?

has any one tried it on latest SlimKat?

by the way, thanks for your awesome work. This ROM is very good.

Edited by painteramit

Guest rederik75

Back to slimkat after 2/3 weeks with B200 stock based AOSP ROM, I flashed 6.0 version and everything is working well....

Just after flash, I've seen something really strange: I opened nova app drawer and I've seen an icon saying "FM radio transmitter" or something similar... FM radio had its own icon.

After few seconds, the icon disappeared, and I haven't seen it animore since then...  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Guest painteramit

Back to slimkat after 2/3 weeks with B200 stock based AOSP ROM, I flashed 6.0 version and everything is working well....

Just after flash, I've seen something really strange: I opened nova app drawer and I've seen an icon saying "FM radio transmitter" or something similar... FM radio had its own icon.

After few seconds, the icon disappeared, and I haven't seen it animore since then...  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

may be a ghost in your phone. :o  ;)  :P  :D

Guest wbrambley

After few seconds, the icon disappeared, and I haven't seen it animore since then... :blink: :blink: :blink:

I think I noticed that the on the first boot on the first version that had working FM radio. I think transmit=false is in build.prop, perhaps FM app needs to start to figure that out?

Guest seth50k

This is an unofficial build of SlimKat 6 for the Huawei Ascend Y300, G510 & G330.

For more information about SlimKat go to: http://slimroms.net/

This is my first attempt at any android rom porting so use at your own risk!

This rom was made by porting Dazzozo's CM11 device tree to build against the SlimKat sources.

Screenshot_2014_01_17_17_35_02.pngScreenshot_2014_01_17_17_35_37.pngScreenshot_2014_01_17_17_36_16.png

Now that the porting work is complete, I intend to update this ROM to coincide with the official SlimKat weekly releases.

There may also be a few test builds as I experiment with things before adding to the regular builds.

FAQ:

How do i get root access?

Go to Settings > Developer Options > Root Access and set it to Applications and ADB

How do I change the DPI?

Edid the build.prop file and set ro.sf.lcd_density=240

How do I enable Advanced Reboot?

Go to Settings > Security > Advanced Reboot and set it to Show Always

Downloads:

Y300 ROM: Google Drive Dev-Host

G510 ROM: Google Drive Dev-Host

G330 ROM: Google Drive Dev-Host

GAPPS: Any 4.4.2 GApps should work, Slim GApps is the official version for Slim but I use BaNkS GApps

Latest SlimKat Build:

Latest Kernel Build:

Previous Builds:

Build 30/06/2014

Build 23/06/2014

Build 16/06/2014

Build 10/06/2014

Build 01/06/2014

• SlimKat Sources 01/06/2014 (Slimkat 5.6)
  • Chil360-kernel v0.40 (Changelog)
  • Use Lights HAL from stock rom to fix deep sleep
  • Revert to media-legacy to fix video recording

Build 25/05/2014

Build 18/05/2014

• SlimKat Sources 18/05/2014 (Slimkat 5.2)
  • Chil360-kernel v0.38 (Changelog)
  • FM Radio support for G330

Build 12/05/2014

• SlimKat Sources 12/05/2014 (Slimkat 5)
  • Chil360-kernel v0.37 (Changelog)
  • FM Radio support for Y300/G510 (Credits to EloYGomeZ & eloimuns)

Build 05/05/2014

Build 27/04/2014

• SlimKat Sources 27/04/2014 (Slimkat 4.8)
  • Chil360-kernel v0.35 (Changelog)
  • VoIP: Fixes muted mic in Viber. (Patches taken from Dazzozo's device tree)

Build 21/04/2014

Build 14/04/2014

Build 07/04/2014

Build 01/04/2014

Build 24/03/2014

Build 22/03/2014

Build 17/03/2014

Build 10/03/2014

Build 04/03/2014

Build 24/02/2014

• SlimKat Sources 24/02/2014 (Slimkat 3.2)

Build 20/02/2014

• SlimKat Sources 20/02/2014 (KVT49L)
  • Remove qosmgr to prevent battery drain
  • More kernel patches (Commit history)
  • Init.d support

Build 17/02/2014

• SlimKat Sources 16/02/2014 (3 stable) Changelog
  • Kernel optimizations + added more cpu govenors & I/O schedulers

Build 10/02/2014

• SlimKat Sources 10/02/2014 (2.8 RC3) Changelog
  • Added some optimisation flags

Build 03/02/2014

• SlimKat Sources 03/02/2014 (2.6 RC2) Changelog
  • Switch to Slim Based frameworks av & native and qcom media-caf
  • OTA rom downloads through SlimCenter
  • Dim the button backlights
  • Add Clear All Recent Apps patch

Build 26/01/2014

• SlimKat Sources 26/01/2014 (2.5 RC1) Changelog
  • Default to 240 DPI
  • Added G330 build (TEST BUILD)

Build 20/01/2014

• SlimKat Sources 20/01/2014

• Fixed signal strength indicator.

Build 19/01/2014

• SlimKat Sources 19/01/2014

• Use classic webview.

Build 18/01/2014

• SlimKat Sources 18/01/2014

• Added G510 build.

Build 17/01/2014

• SlimKat Sources 17/01/2014

• Working GPS

Build 16/01/2014

• Initial Build

• SlimKat Sources 16/01/2014

Source:

My sources & build instructions: https://github.com/chil360

See also: https://github.com/SlimRoms , https://github.com/Dazzozo , https://github.com/legaCyMod

Credits:

• Dazzozo
  • legaCyMod
  • SlimRoms
  • Ceastel
  • Christopher83
  • moddingg33k
  • TeamHackLG
  • mrg666

Any chance this could be ported to a device with the same processor and chipset? Namely, the Neptune Pine?

I really like your ROM, but my clock isn't working.. I really need my alarm clock :-D Anybody else experiencing the same?? Tried both machines, Dalvik and Art. Cleared cache + dalvik. Still not working.

The flaws I had so far:

- Lockups, here and then.

- Some random reboots

- Clock is not working!!

- Internal and external SD are interchanged

- Can't convert usual apps to system apps in titanium backup :-/

cheers, z

Guest mega-samu

The kernel is built with the linaro-4.7-13.04 toolchain provided by Slim. The rom is built with the standard gcc 4.7 prebuilt from the Google AOSP repo.

I have been experimenting with building the rom & kernel with different toolchains but haven't released any builds with these yet.

I tried building the rom with Linaro 4.8 but got graphical glitches in Google Play. At the moment I am getting good results using SaberMod 4.8 for the rom and SaberMod 4.9 for the kernel with no noticeable change in stability. I will probably release a test build during the week with this configuration so you can all try it and see what you think.

Has that differs linaro and sabermod? :blink:

Edited by mega-samu

SaberMOD is closer to GNU's GCC, just like Google's NDK toolchain, while they included various changes/patches taken from the linaro repo. Even Google does use some of the commits done by Linaro.

Linaro is working on optimizations for kernel code, toolchain and other stuff, while keeping all those things in sync to each other. In theory you get the best result using a combination of Linaro kernel+toolchain.

I've been comparing SaberMOD vs Linaro too already. It's not easy to say which of both is the "better" one. Recently quite a few developers on XDA switched from Linaro to SaberMOD.

Guest chil360

I've been a little sidetracked with the kernel this week with the problem moving apps to sd (fixed in chil360-kernel-v0.45R2) so haven't got round to doing any more test builds with different toolchains.

I'm just about to try a build using Sabermod 4.8 for the rom and the Slim linaro-4.8-14.04 prebuilt for the kernel, I may upload it later if it's ok.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

My Google Drive account is getting close to the storage limit so I will have to remove some of the older builds. When I upload the next weekly (on Monday?) I will be removing all 2.X and 3.X rom zips.

Edited by chil360

Guest mhackoy

hi mate. can someone link . for the best kernel for this room. 

im using cm11 if i install slimkat what should i wipe and wat gap should i flash>?

i highly appreciate if someone could give me a hand. thank you. 

Guest GodsOtherHand

Strange thing. 

Accidentally flashed the G330 ROM on my G510. While it does not recognize my SIM and the back speaker does not work, the user-interface feels abit better.

For example, with the G510 ROM i have a 1-2 second lag when unlocking phone (press button -> wait 2 seconds -> screen lights up). But with this ROM it's basically instant.

Seems strange to me..

Edited by GodsOtherHand

Guest SIMONPRO

hello Chil360

i am experiencing some slow respond when then phone come from sleep. it when i am using it then if the time is up the phone go to sleep mode so when pressing power button to wake it up it kind slow to respond

Guest chil360

I have just uploaded 2 Y300 test builds...

Build 1: Slim-u8833-4.4.4.build.6.3.20140711-CHIL360.zip

This build uses the SaberMod 4.8 toolchain for the rom and Slim linaro-4.8 for the kernel. Only a small change to the source code was made to allow building with gcc 4.8.

Build 2: Slim-u8833-4.4.4.build.6.3.20140711-CHIL360JA.zip

This build uses the same toolchains as Build 1 but the code has been modified to use the JustArchi V3 Optimizations

Please test them both and let me know what you think in terms of speed, stability and general smoothness compared to the standard builds.

Guest Creator.tun

Wipe system

Data

Cache

Gapps can be install from slim center after installing the rom. It's in the setting.

Sent from my Ascend G510 using MoDaCo mobile app

Guest anotherjib

I have just uploaded 2 Y300 test builds...

Build 1: Slim-u8833-4.4.4.build.6.3.20140711-CHIL360.zip

This build uses the SaberMod 4.8 toolchain for the rom and Slim linaro-4.8 for the kernel. Only a small change to the source code was made to allow building with gcc 4.8.

Build 2: Slim-u8833-4.4.4.build.6.3.20140711-CHIL360JA.zip

This build uses the same toolchains as Build 1 but the code has been modified to use the JustArchi V3 Optimizations

Please test them both and let me know what you think in terms of speed, stability and general smoothness compared to the standard builds.

Trying out the second one; so far I can only say it gets stuck when trying to switch to ART. :(

(later)

With dalvik everything seems to be OK so far, although the antutu score is the lowest I ever had with versions of this rom (the highest I had with 5.8).

(still later)

A reboot occurred, the phone was just lying there and rebooted. Maybe there was an incoming call, I don't know. Before that several incoming and outgoing calls went without problems...

(and still later)

Hmm yet another reboot, in the same circumstances

(...)

Switched to the version without optimizations. No reboots so far, however it also freezes on ART, and antutu score is also quite low (but slightly higher).

Edited by anotherjib

Guest chil360

@anotherjib

Thanks for testing these.

In the JustArchi thread on XDA there's a link to a patch for ART for 4.8 toolchains. I'll add that when I next do a Sabermod test build.

I sounds like the JustArchi optimizations are a step too far at the moment but I might try a few smaller changes.

Guest juanpablocastillo

It's because the GCC 4.8 isn't compatible with ART. There is a fix for that in JustArchi github.

Edit: Don't pay attention to this message.

Edited by juanpablocastillo

Guest ZolaIII

JustArchi optimizations are idiotic!

Do you at least look at the flags before you build?

Their are problems that are (mostly) solvable with aggressive loop optimizations (4.8+) referring to null and zero pointers (this affects & some other flags) & this guy tried to go with unsafe loop optimizations.

This is not actually 2.6 RHEL kernel so that you can disable debugging.

One more things Code Auroras msm code is not thumb compatible! :P

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest juanpablocastillo

chil: Moddingg33k has updated the kernel drivers partially, but he said that those don't work if the ROMs KitKat does not update the code with the kernel. You can try that?