[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest lomax84

Is there an installation guide? should i flash rom first, then bank or slim gapps? so gapps are not included in this rom? keyboard is huawei or android stock?

Guest Sportfreunde

If I want to update from 7.0.2 or something to the newest Slimkat then what's the procedure? Do I lose my current phone setup/data?

And do I need to flash Gapps in addition to the rom?

Guest Domstadt

You just need to wipe the caches, flash the rom and wipe caches again.

If a new version of gapps is released, you'll better flash them, but I don't see a new version, so its not necessary. 

I didn't flash them aigain. (update from 7.0 to 7.2)

Edited by Domstadt

Guest Domstadt

Well, I'm kinda confused right now.

I played Bubble Witch 2 Saga for about 5-7 minutes and I lost about 14% battery life.

Is this normal? I'm not a big gamer, especially not on a smartphone, but that's shocking me. 

Is this a general problem with the G510, the ROM, whatever? 

Edited by Domstadt

Guest donallen

Love the rom but for me battery life is pretty bad on this phone. While browsing or playing games the phone consume so much battery. I think this is just a problem of the phone. Any tips on conserving battery on G510?

Guest Domstadt

Well, with chatting on WhatsApp, checking weather, surfing a bit, I get a screen-on-time of at least 3 hours. I think it's fine. 

But yes, it seems that the battery life is poor when it comes to playing games. Kinda sad. 

Btw: I recommend the Now Browser. It's extremly fast and minimal (~160kb!!!). The best browser for the g510 I've tested so far. 

Edited by Domstadt

Guest Charrua155

Did you manage to make videocalls with skype?

Flashed 7.4 a few hours ago. No initial troubles, but for some reason the Play Store apps weren't being installed automatically. Installed most of them one by one, no problem.

Tried to make a Skype video call, Reboot.

Tried to install Kernel Tweaker (some people mentioned that changing governor helped with video calls) but when opening app it said that there was no root.

Went to SuperSU, it asked to update binaries, online install failed (several times) and wouldn't get into recovery either. Quick Boot failed to boot into recovery too.

Went back to stock.

Maybe I did something wrong, but can't figure out what.

Guest Charrua155

No. I'm thinking of updating TWRP too. Last time I had no trouble save for video calls, but the inability to boot into recovery with Quick Boot or get SuperSu to work is new.

Guest SIMONPRO

battery drain so fast in 7.4 and i having call ui  problem it delay sometime when i am using another app and the is incoming call take much time to appear

sorry for my english

Edited by SIMONPRO

Guest joccoo

battery drain so fast in 7.4 and i having call ui problem it delay sometime when i am using another app and the is incoming call take much time to appear

sorry for my english

Me 2

Battery drain here also

Guys, these are just general statements. Most battery drain has a cause, you need to install something like BetterBatteryStats then post logs on that app's official thread over on XDA. The guys on there are really helpful at pinpointing causes.

I Greenify everything non-essential (i.e. things that don't sync etc.) and battery life is pretty respectable, if a little shorter than stock.

Guest Davide Miceli

Hi, I have a problem with the sdcard.. When i insert the sdcard the system can't read it: if I go in settings->memory I can't see the sdcard and if I use a file browser like ES I don't see the sdcard.. Why? How can I fix this problem??

Thank you

Guest Sportfreunde

Just wondering if I have 7.0.2 installed then to update to the new version, how would I go about it? Would I need to wipe everything and install like new (in which case probably not worth it) or can I keep my data/settings?

Guest Domstadt

A full wipe is always a better solution, but you can do it like I did many times before.

Just wipe the caches, flash the update, wipe the caches again.

You're done. Your data will still be on your phone. 

Edited by Domstadt