[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest moochermick

Shame, I would love to use Kitkat, but hate the white boxes

I hope for xposed to finish up the work and support ART so I can try lollipop

I recall reverting to an ealier version of slimkat for this very reason (white boxes). I think it was slimkat 4. Anything after that has white boxes.

Guest jeffk82

I recall reverting to an ealier version of slimkat for this very reason (white boxes). I think it was slimkat 4. Anything after that has white boxes.

I wonder is there a link to this version?

Google drive goes from 6

Guest moochermick

I wonder is there a link to this version?

Google drive goes from 6

Look in the dev-host links on first page, y300 goes back further than g510. Any 4.4.2 should do it but bare in mind they're a year old so some features may be missing. Edited by moochermick

It is a big deal when the middle of a picture on facebook goes white

Use a browser that has it's own engine as a workaround. (I know that the programs that use webview will still sucks, but the web-browsing become normal at least)

I use UC Browser.

Guest tarinka

Use a browser that has it's own engine as a workaround. (I know that the programs that use webview will still sucks, but the web-browsing become normal at least)

I use UC Browser.

I use puffin browser with flash

Guest Jairus1998

How is battery with art ?

Sent from my Ascend Y300 using MoDaCo mobile app

Well for me it saves battery. I should warn you, KitKat art is beta compare to lollipop art.

Guest wbrambley

Is there anyone that got working OTG with USB Mass storage, of course with Y-USB cable ?

I got USB mouse working and I got arrow to use in stead of finger :) :D

Yes

Guest herrdeh

Hi,

I've got quite some battery drain problems. That's not true when connected to WiFi, but more when on GSM data - and maybe even more when I'm travelling at higher speed longer distances. (I'm not sure, but it seems to make a difference whether I'm on municipal transport with av. 25 km/h or on a motor car with 90 km/h).

Wakelock detector tells me, that I've got wake times of 80-90%, allthough the screen is only bright for a few seconds. Hier are some screens:

http://andro.verkehrsplanung.com/#!album-2-4

I'm not smart enough to figure out what's going on - all I get from some hours of googeling was "wakelock detector will tell you" - but I dont understand it.

Please, experts, have a look.

Tks,

Wolf

Guest herrdeh

Hi,

I've got quite some battery drain problems. That's not true when connected to WiFi, but more when on GSM data - and maybe even more when I'm travelling at higher speed longer distances. (I'm not sure, but it seems to make a difference whether I'm on municipal transport with av. 25 km/h or on a motor car with 90 km/h).

Wakelock detector tells me, that I've got wake times of 80-90%, allthough the screen is only bright for a few seconds. Hier are some screens:

I'm not smart enough to figure out what's going on - all I get from some hours of googeling was "wakelock detector will tell you" - but I dont understand it.

Tks,

Wolf

Guest ttoommyy

Hello,  I updated my Y300 with the latested CM11 file and GAPPS. Everything works fine except that it shows "unfortunately, hangout has stopped" every time when I try to dial from google hangout dialer. I tried to clear the cache, uninstall, reinstall. The problem stays even in safe mode. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Guest djtepa538

Hi,

Tks,

Wolf

I have almost same problem, I tried everything. New battery, other Custom ROMS, kernels, mods. But I didn't success to fix that. My friend have same phone, but battery can hold for a day, I must charge it few times if I want seriously play games or watch movies...

There is no KitKat ROM without the white box issues to be precise.

KitKat 4.4.2 doesn't have this issue becuase it doesnt use the bugged chrome-view or caf ;)

Guest ricm1

Im having problema watching netflix and other vídeo sources. vídeo freezes and audio continue. Are you having these yroubles toó?

Guest LotR656

This is a problem with KK. Flashing different kernel can solve this I think. There is kernel from modding33k ported by fonz93 for SlimKat.

Topic is somewhere in development section.