[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest NinoSiegburg

Since Flashing Latest Release i cant sync Google Mail and Kalendar other syncs work.

Found out has something to do with Conscrypt Error

Edited by NinoSiegburg
Found out new

Guest Afrasayyab

So far...

It boots up successfully, display works, wifi works, audio works, hardware accellerated video works (watching video in MX Player). Setting external SD as primary works. It connects to mobile networks - haven't tried making/recieving calls yet but should be ok.

Only thing I've found not working so far is GPS. It's enabled in settings but when I start a gps app, e.g. GPS Tester, it says 'GPS is off' and the gps status bar icon does not appear.

Will keep working on it.

Nice work and thanks for this nice rom but problem i found is in the latest build 25/09/2015 is when i try using hotspot on my device Huawei Y300 device restarts when the other device starts consuming its mobile data. I mean it restats on sending high speed data through hotspot but if i use browsing or some limted data at slow speed it do not restart the device but from 3g when i try download or try opening some large size page via hotspot device restarts with this rom. Please look into the matter. But thanks for this nice and fast rom.

Edited by Afrasayyab

Guest herrdeh

Which software are you successfully using for syncing files to a owncloud server?

I'd like to have photos copied to the cloud when the phone is back to a wifi connection. I tried cloudii and foldersync - but could make neither of these work.

W

Which software are you successfully using for syncing files to a owncloud server?

I'd like to have photos copied to the cloud when the phone is back to a wifi connection. I tried cloudii and foldersync - but could make neither of these work.

W

i use quickpick

Guest herrdeh

Quickpic works for me as well - thanks for that hint!

My phone also suffers from serious camera problems. I'm now with CameraMX, which causes not so much trouble, but is far away from being reliable. Does anybody have a really good camera solution?

My phone also suffers from serious camera problems. I'm now with CameraMX, which causes not so much trouble, but is far away from being reliable. Does anybody have a really good camera solution?

Open Camera works fine on my G510 and Build 9.0 / 20150925

Guest Patrick94

Open Camera works fine on my G510 and Build 9.0 / 20150925

Have you noticed there being less camera issues with the new build? I'm still using the previous one.

Guest t0mb1ll

Hi.. I'm still using 4.4.4.build.9.0.20141229 (Display-Legacy). couple days ago my GPS stop working. I'm using HERE app and maps. When I turn my Location ON, nothing happens. first I saw this using HERE app, but opening google maps from browser turned on GPS.. now it doesn't work on every app I tried.

Is there any way to fix this without reinstalling new rom? I know I can backup, reinstall new ROM and see if GPS works but is there any "faster" way to determine why this happened?

EDIT: I made backup of my actual ROM, tried AOSP, GPS works.. restore back slimkat and GPS works again.. weird..

Edited by t0mb1ll

Guest herrdeh

With the  20150925 build, using the stock camera on my phone  still is a matter of luck. 70% success, 30 failure. When failing, mostly the camera app gets stuck without talking a picture. 

With other camera apps (OpenCamera, CameraMX)  , the quota of failure is much higher. 

W

Edited by herrdeh

Guest Mr Voland

For KitKat, Slim stopped working on kitkat a long time ago so any updates now are any device fixes to make current builds better. If I find anything to fix current issues I will make new builds.

Updates @chil360?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nyyro_GT

chil360 do not stop servicing the slimkat ,
 you've rendered obsolete lately , 
This is the best rom I econtrado , sometimes daa black screen when loading process but not very common if esque gives me only once a week and is quite fluid , 
I hope you have a new update ,
 keep it up , I'm enjoying your slimlp ,
 hope to reach perfection
Edited by Nyyro_GT

Guest Patrick94

Well, there are still a few issues with the build. The camera being a glaring one. If the camera gets fixed, this build would be perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Blejder

Great ROM, thanks chil360!

I have just got G510 and it works great with SlimKat, except for one problem...i'm not receiving all sms messages. I have installed Google Messenger, and the problem still persists.
Today i heard about Ghostly sms app, installed it, and after few hours it caught one "lost" sms.

Does anyone have this type of problem?