[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest pesartom
1 hour ago, Patrick94 said:

Has anyone here tried the CM 13 Rom that chil has posted? If so, how does it compare to this Rom?

Cm 13 is still buggy for daily use, this (ive only used legacy build) is not.

Guest herrdeh

Hi. I did a clean install - very much recommended after experimenting a lot, such as I did. It feels close to a much more powerful phone. 

Now, by accident I changed two crucial settings, and can't restore them:

* how can I make my status bar permanent again? 

* how can I get the bigger screen resolution again? 

Thanks for dummy support 

W

• 2 weeks later...
Guest saeidkhajavy
On 1/17/2014 at 6:03 PM, chil360 said:

back key not working in some app,drawer, settings ...

keyboard not installed in this rom

camera closed and i cant get any picture

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chil360
19 hours ago, Mr Voland said:

Thanks. It looks like the latest security patches backported to kitkat. I'll update all of my sources and make a SlimKat-CAF build.

Update: SlimKat 9.1 CAF builds uploaded.

Edited by chil360

Guest Jairus1998
11 hours ago, chil360 said:

Thanks. It looks like the latest security patches backported to kitkat. I'll update all of my sources and make a SlimKat-CAF build.

Update: SlimKat 9.1 CAF builds uploaded.

Is it possible to build a legacy version or your latest display-caf is stable for daily use.

18 hours ago, HooSt3L said:

Last update to much lag on Y300 

For now i will stay on Build 25.09.2015

exactly...

this build is full of freezing and bug.

thanks from chil360, but this build lagging every time in most of apps..

i'm changed to 25.09.2015

again thanks guys...

Guest LordMCDonald

Hey guys, I am looking for a possibility to swap the audio output for media on this rom because the speaker at the back is broken. Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

The G330 crash (Android OS hanging and restart) sometimes with the build 29/12/2015. Has someone the same experience? Should I switch to the build 25/09/2015?

Edited by manti7

Guest herrdeh

I'm really happy with this ROM (25.09.2015 version). Bought a new battery (€ 7.-) for my phone a few days ago, which give notable more duration.

I'm completey GAPPS-free, using microG. It's not yet perfect, but extremely promising, and the phone is much more responsive without GAPPS. Not to talk about data security.

Few weeks ago I had trouble with files transfered FROM my phone TO my computer - phone would reboot in that case. But that problem disappeared without any action. 

I'm just missing one thing: A reliable camera! - After reboot, the stock camera will do a few shots, but then crash or hang. Worse with OpenCamera or CameraMX. Would be great if devs could have an eye on it at the next release.

Thanks a lot for the wonderful work!

Wolf

Guest Trapezio
13 hours ago, herrdeh said:

I'm just missing one thing: A reliable camera! - After reboot, the stock camera will do a few shots, but then crash or hang. Worse with OpenCamera or CameraMX. Would be great if devs could have an eye on it at the next release.

Same problem and only with CAF releases.

Guest herrdeh

Hi,

it sounds very strange - but all my camera problems are gone when I set camera apps to "save on internal memory" (not external SD). Stock, OpenCamera, CameraMX - all they're operating without any trouble now. Setting the storage directory to "external SD" is part of my basic setup routine, so I never before tried "internal memory" before.

Could people with camera trouble try this option?

W

• 2 months later...
Guest nonobio

Hi,

I'm searching a stable and fast rom for my Y300 used by my childrens. It is essentially used as music player and i'm on CM 4.2.2 since several months but since some weeks, it seem to be very slow, so i would like to give a try to another rom..

I'm downloading AOSP mod by hero as it seem to be recommended, but i would like to know if this slim rom could be use daily ? Is it as stable and fast than AOSP mod by hero ?

Thanks

Guest QuadCorei8085

I tried the AOSP mod, with an older release (small bugs like contact icons are black) it was ok but the latest and on my device it is extremly slow. (using stock kernel)

Guest QuadCorei8085

Yes exactly. It was running smooth before I updated (dunno from which version) to 28/02/2015 but it was very slow for me (!stock kernel!).
I mean: browsers always crashed, google hangouts either crashed or didnt respond or just hang. It was extremly slow for me.

I updated yesterday to CM10 based slimkat, "cm-10-20140629-SlimCM10-u8833" runs faster than AOSP 28/02/215, but still not as smooth as you would want from this phone (i know this is an old phone but still should be competitive with its original anrdoid version which is 4.1.1). Of course this came with some tweaked Cestex kernel, maybe if you would update the kernel that would also result the same boost to the AOSP, but I dont care.
For me a phone is just a phone I just wanted to utilize all of its resources and have a working one which can still work as a phone (calling people and text) and sometimes the GPS that is all I wanted but this android era is about something else :) (buy newer > too slow > buy newer > too slow, as an embedded sw developer I always wonder what slows down these phones...)