[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest ivan41

I can't install the 24/02 build its failing. I use twrp. On another note, problems now sorted after updating firmware, reinstalling stock then reflasing everything. Have more or less fully functioning WiFi but connection is erratic at times....... Turns out my problem with my laptop not recognising my y300 was down to a corrupt file or driver conflict on my laptop..... Y300 now back from service (free) and all looking good :-)

Edited by ivan41

Guest chil360

@chil360 did you see some benefits using lg l7 2 sources?

Haven't had chance to really look at the LG sources - been busy the last few days with some work stuff that has had to take priority. Hopefully I'll get to it next week.

Over the last week, I've been working on the kernel. I discovered that I made some mistakes in my modified kernel so that it wasn't building with O3 as I intended, still building with Os. When I tried to correct it and rebuilt the rom I got a bootloop!

So... I decided to start again on a new modified kernel - initially building independently ouside the Slim sources (for easier development) as a flashable kernel zip. I got it building with O3 and Ofast using Linaro 4.7. Then I decided to patch the kernel from 3.4.0 to 3.4.82 also having to rebuild the wifi kernel modules.

Before adding shchedulers, govenors and other features & patches, I thought I'd better try building it inside the SlimKat rom. It built, it installed, it bootlooped! After 2 days I finally fixed it by adding a ramdisk offset when it creates the boot.img to allow for a larger kernel filesize when building with O3. I've added back most of the things that were in my last kernel plus a couple of new things... and its now ready for some testing.

This is the github repo and here's the changelog of what I have added so far.

The current build is chil360-kernel.v0.25 available on Google Drive as a flashable zip.

It will be built into the next SlimKat rom unless you find any problems.

Guest fonz93

Haven't had chance to really look at the LG sources - been busy the last few days with some work stuff that has had to take priority. Hopefully I'll get to it next week.

Over the last week, I've been working on the kernel. I discovered that I made some mistakes in my modified kernel so that it wasn't building with O3 as I intended, still building with Os. When I tried to correct it and rebuilt the rom I got a bootloop!

So... I decided to start again on a new modified kernel - initially building independently ouside the Slim sources (for easier development) as a flashable kernel zip. I got it building with O3 and Ofast using Linaro 4.7. Then I decided to patch the kernel from 3.4.0 to 3.4.82 also having to rebuild the wifi kernel modules.

Before adding shchedulers, govenors and other features & patches, I thought I'd better try building it inside the SlimKat rom. It built, it installed, it bootlooped! After 2 days I finally fixed it by adding a ramdisk offset when it creates the boot.img to allow for a larger kernel filesize when building with O3. I've added back most of the things that were in my last kernel plus a couple of new things... and its now ready for some testing.

This is the github repo and here's the changelog of what I have added so far.

The current build is chil360-kernel.v0.25 available on Google Drive as a flashable zip.

It will be built into the next SlimKat rom unless you find any problems.

Ok, thanks, flashing new kernel, i'll report if i have issues

Guest ivan41

There are some glitches during the music reproduction. Have you this issue? Thanks!

You will get that in any 4.4.2 kit kat based ROM.

This is Google's glitch and nothing to do with our phones or our dev :-)

Guest chil360

@chil360 

Can you use ceaxstel kernel github to add some features to yout kernel?  (sorry for bad english)

https://github.com/Ceastel/CeXstel-kernel-msm8x25

I have already added some more patches to my kernel and have just uploaded it to Google Drive. (Changelog)

The ceaxstel kernel github will be useful but I'm probably not going to add anything else until the next SlimKat weekly is out.