[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest phil2sat

Heelp. My blutooth keyboard does not work. It seems that somethin went wrong it pairs asks for key but i cant type anything. Tested same procedure in Galaxy s3 works fine.

Guest wbrambley

I have a question, may be nothing but why is the last frequency in the cpu voltage table 1046769 not 1209600 when it is running on a G510?

Guest Andresrlp

This because is activated ZRAM and can't work with SWAP, you have to disable ZRAM first to enable SWAP, follow this guide http://www.modaco.com/topic/370237-all-modother-disableenable-swap-zram-fstrim/

I followed that link And now I have zram disabled but still can not enable swap. I've tried swapper 2, simple root swap and in terminal emulator by some commands, and it always fail to mount swap file. Any ideas, please?

Guest fonz93
I followed that link And now I have zram disabled but still can not enable swap. I've tried swapper 2, simple root swap and in terminal emulator by some commands, and it always fail to mount swap file. Any ideas, please?
  Swap cant be enabled with these apps, try to use this flasheable and let me know if it works http://www.mediafire.com/download/a56uj7z4x5qtofl/SWAP_System_(Fixed).zip Edited by fonz93

Guest Andresrlp

Swap cant be enabled with these apps, try to use this flasheable and let me know if it works http://www.mediafire.com/download/a56uj7z4x5qtofl/SWAP_System_(Fixed).zip

Hello, fonz93. Thank you for your help. I've tried your patch but with the same result. I can't enable swap. When I place the command swapon /storage/sdcard0/.swapfile it still says swapon failed for /.../.swapfile

Maybe I'll have to try partitioning my SD card and use a Swap partition. I'm a little busy right now, when I try I'll let you know the results.

I edit here: I've partitioned the SD card, creating a Swap Partition. Used Swapper2 to enable it and everything worked fine. Now I have an active swap partition. Maybe the problem was some kind of incompatibility of this ROM with swap "files". I hope this information can help somebody.

I'm having problems with the camera too, it's impossible to record video, it crashes and I have to reboot. I'll try some things I read here.

I edit here: I've tried the new Google Camera App from PlayStore and it crashes from the start. Applied the recomended patch and still crashes. So I'll have to try something else. Camera works for photos but not for videos.

Edited by Andresrlp

Guest rederik75

So...

in the w.e. I made a clean install of 4.4, wiping everything except the external SD, then restored TB backups from the app, and not from the flashable zip.

I'm not experiencing big lags while awakening, but there are still some reboots, the last one this night at 5.40 am, while I was sleeping...

I wonder if it could be related to the kernel, more than slimroms source itself...

Guest farfix

I have a doubt... If I format the "system" partition, I lose my installed apps?

I ask because in the Slimkat site says that for dirty flashers it's necesary to flash system (for new gapps)

Guest ZolaIII

I have a doubt... If I format the "system" partition, I lose my installed apps?

I ask because in the Slimkat site says that for dirty flashers it's necesary to flash system (for new gapps)

User apps are located in data partition, only system apps are in system partition.

Guest farfix

User apps are located in data partition, only system apps are in system partition.

Thanks! I flashed the new ROM and it's really faster (well, I'm using swap also)...

I will try it more now :)

Guest wbrambley

you can use the new mod swapdragon or the victod method

I am using Swapper2 with partition on the SD card, also working well. If you use this method make sure to change the partition in advanced settings or it will format the wrong partition.