[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest Taiji2078
Guest Mirke

5.6 so far so good. Battery drain is highly visible while surfing on wifi or on 3G. GPS location service also drains battery. Fixing this issue would make this rom a valid daily driver forever on this phone.

Guest markoprogramer

5.6 so far so good. Battery drain is highly visible while surfing on wifi or on 3G. GPS location service also drains battery. Fixing this issue would make this rom a valid daily driver forever on this phone.

I totally agree.

Guest kekkox88

It's my same problem. I guess it was my battery problem, but now I think it's rom-related. A fix and this rom will be the best!

Edited by kekkox88

Guest kekkox88

First problem today: I see an high battery drain in standby. I open performance control and the processor is blocked to maximum frequency speed (cofiguration: conservative - row). I do a reset and when I re-open performance control, I see that my configurations are gone away. What could do? Any solution? I wouldn't change rom if I could.

Edited by kekkox88

Guest Mirke

You have to select option "Set on Boot" also I have set ondemandX with sioplus, result no reboot and with no constant internet usage (3g), with a lot of calls, photos and upload via Google drive I got from morning to thin night at 85%.

So don't use 3g internet and gps and you'll be just fine, until someone fixes this 2 annoyances.

Guest B3rtm3n

I hope this will be fixed with next version, drain is visible just when using and you just see it going down before our eyes, also random reboots are really annoying, do not  know which app is causing it but in 4.4.3 it should be one of the fixes

Guest phil2sat

Again thumbs up! Nice work chil360.

@all with leaking ui or random reboots. I had the same problem after installing "adblock plus".

Removed and now its like butter.

Some performance tips. Disable zram (with script)

And add swapfile (note script causes trouble, i think it will run twice or something)

Format cache. Add 150mb swap.file and edit init script to only add loop,mkswap and addswap.(faster boot up because not writing new 150mb file with dd on every boot.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/370237-all-modother-disableenable-swap-zram-fstrim/

On my g330 i cant adjust volume in radio app, the only found bug as soon.

EDIT: Negative contrast in aosp browser does not work

Thx phil2sat

Edited by phil2sat

Guest B3rtm3n

I found that the random reboots were caused by activating one of the following apps : skype/email/whatsapp/outlook/messenger or combination of one of these.

The solution was setting the Nova Launcher as the default launcher and .... no more random reboots + speed increase = happy man.

Edited by B3rtm3n

Guest Swedoxi

I now deleted the stock rom backups, clean installed this Slimkat rom on my device and everything is working nice now. Before i got blackscreen when someone called me... so i did not know who was calling me lol. Keep up the good work!

Guest phil2sat

Btw i always uninstall email,gmail and use k9mail. No problem with whatsapp/hangouts rocksolid...

And my phone is my pc

My setup.

format/wipe

Install clean .zip

flash supersu flash slim minimal gapps

Install titanium backup

Update gapp via play store. Integrate into rom via titanium backup

Update nova launcher to 3.0. Integrate into rom.

restore sms/phonelog/bluetooth/wifi via nandroid manager from every backup

Flash fstrim and disable zram

Add manual 150mb swap /cache

Edit cache script

Remove unwanted software from rom email/gmail/irc

Install performance control set ondemandx & sio+

make backup

Voila

do not trust to much in flashing over old system or to restore system apps via titanium backup(sms calllog wifi bluetooth) better nandroid manager with xml

Edited by phil2sat

Guest phil2sat

Could you please explain this part?

First my titanium is in german so i try to translate.

Go to batch actions(green icon top right)

Go to move/insert

Click on go next to integrate updates from system apps into rom.

!!!! Chose only one app at a time and BACKUP before and after every success !!!

Note big updates take some time dont touch your phone..

But never longer than 10min. Else something went wrong.

Phil2sat

Edited by phil2sat

Guest anotherjib

First my titanium is in german so i try to translate.

Go to batch actions(green icon top right)

Go to move/insert

Click on go next to integrate updates from system apps into rom.

!!!! Chose only one app at a time and BACKUP before and after every success !!!

Note big updates take some time dont touch your phone..

But never longer than 10min. Else something went wrong.

Phil2sat

Thank you very much for accurate explanations

On my list there was only one (Google Play Services), but this is a crucial one. I wonder if this caused instability...

Guest markoprogramer

Next weekly will be 4.4.3. I finally have a successful test build - just trying it out now!

Thank you. Can't wait! [emoji106]

Guest Swedoxi

Nice! well i found something weird. When you have friends number saved in phone like 0700000000 and they message u first or you dont have a saved conversion with this person. it will appear like exemple +46 70 000 00 00 and shows like an unknown person. thats annoying! If the number saved dont have spaces, it wont recognize the nr.... please fix that :)

Hope u anderstand my bad english lol

Guest Swedoxi

Nice! well i found something weird. When you have friends number saved in phone like 0700000000 and they message u first or you dont have a saved conversion with this person. it will appear like exemple +46 70 000 00 00 and shows like an unknown person. thats annoying! If the number saved dont have spaces, it wont recognize the nr.... please fix that :)

Hope u anderstand my bad english lol

Or its just something to do with the country nr like mine is +46 in fornt of the number. But that will always show in sms and its just weird cuz i never had this problem before on this rom :S

Guest kekkox88

Good new chil, I'm waiting your new update! I can't understand why with chil's kernel and configuration ondemandx - sioplus I have random reboots... :blink: