[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest jor1196

Hi!

I did some maintanance, and I'm pretty sure, that FCs in games are related to GPU.

I found it in the logcat:

"Choreographer( 734) Skipped "number" frames! The application may be doing too much work on its main thread."

I tried to turn on/off GPU accel (in egl.cfg too), try to increase heapsize, but nothing helps.

FC happens sometimes when AnTuTu starts 3D test too.

I have G510, using 5.9, clean install.

What should I do?

Thanks

you can send it by private message, so I think it's better 
I want that problem is solved, as I like to play well in a 
rom kitkat

Guest Mirke

The UI is not smooth! I am in Tapatalk and the statusbar is laggy!

You don't have anything else to say, for months on, except that the UI is Laggy.

CHANGE THE PHONE!!!! AND STOP BOTHERING EVERYONE ELSE HERE WITH THE SAME SENTENCE!!!!!

PS: Is that your mission on earth is just to annoy people around? Get a life!

Guest Karakura Red

Did a clean install of 5.10 and everything is working smoothly so far.

Only trouble I had was when I tried doing a Soft Reboot from Xposed Installer. It just shut down and didn't start.

I had to remove the battery and put it back in to start it. After it all my widgets were reset, but it still works fine.

Guest Domino2115

You have Problems?!?

I will buy a Moto G. But with a little work this device can run smoothly!

Cmon let us know that little work sir

Guest kannasbor0

Hi!

I did some maintanance, and I'm pretty sure, that FCs in games are related to GPU.

I found it in the logcat:

"Choreographer( 734) Skipped "number" frames! The application may be doing too much work on its main thread."

I tried to turn on/off GPU accel (in egl.cfg too), try to increase heapsize, but nothing helps.

FC happens sometimes when AnTuTu starts 3D test too.

I have G510, using 5.9, clean install.

What should I do?

Thanks

So, no one has the same issue as me? O.o

Guest ZolaIII

FCS in games are related to IO lockups! IO lockups can be cased by many things like reclaiming of memory, buffer flipping... some of those you can fix with proper settings like ones related to OOM & some you can't. GPU is that what it is (price of s**t).

The buffer flipping is even more important as TBL cache handling is broken for A2XX...

Guest sale385

I realy like this rom,but i notice battery drain.Battery drain is big when i am on wifi.I have G510.I disable google service but that did not made any diference.I dont use to much apps,some regular only.Six hours of use,and battery is on 50%.

Guest sale385

I used a pro app,so i can tell which app is it,because of the rules on this forum.I thought that google service drains my battery,but is not.

Guest kannasbor0

FCS in games are related to IO lockups! IO lockups can be cased by many things like reclaiming of memory, buffer flipping... some of those you can fix with proper settings like ones related to OOM & some you can't. GPU is that what it is (price of s**t).

The buffer flipping is even more important as TBL cache handling is broken for A2XX...

I know that our GPU is cr*p, but I had no reboots on other roms. I forgot to write, but I changed the OOM settings too, but that's didn't solve the problem.

Can it be kernel related problem?

What should I do, to avoid FCs?

Guest ZolaIII

The reboots - kernel panic are probably kernel related.

If you use "Performance Control" app see in OOM settings how much exactly their is available RAM on disposal to user space(in KB)? I want you to try something!

Guest Sportfreunde

Any problems on 5.10 compared to 4.9? Also is there a way to update the rom without losing data etc?

And how is Netflix going for others? Experiencing lag like me?

Guest chil360

I have just tried this and have the same issue. It only seems to happen in the stock browser - Chrome & Firefox seem ok for me.

From the start, I have been using Dazzozo's patches to use 'classic' webview (webkit based) instead of chromium based webview which is the standard for kitkat. I'll remove these patches and do a test build with chromium and see what happens.

I have tried a build with chromium and it fixes the white box issue zooming on images but the browser has become unusably slow. Every time I try to zoom or scroll around the screen it just doesn't react and I get a message box saying 'Browser is not responding. Wait or Close'. So, I'm sticking with classic webview. Anyone know if the white box problem happens in CM11?

Guest moochermick

I have tried a build with chromium and it fixes the white box issue zooming on images but the browser has become unusably slow.

If I remember right it was the same on your initial release and that's why You used the classic webview, anyway thanks for trying.

Guest joccoo

What is going wrong?

E:Error in /sdcard/Slim-u8951-4.4.4.build.5.10.20140623-CHIL360.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
result was NULL, message is: assert failed: install_zip("/sdcard/Slim-u8951-4.4.4.build.5.10.20140623-CHIL360.zip")

Guest tooplanx

Hi,

I'd also like a fix for the white spaces blocking out images in the browser.

Everything else is smooth and great. Just that bug now for me.

Guest moochermick

Hi,

I'd also like a fix for the white spaces blocking out images in the browser.

Everything else is smooth and great. Just that bug now for me.

I've done a bit of scouting around the net and it seems this is quite common, it may be linked to googles Mobile version of sites.

The nearest thing to a solution I have found is to use the browser in desktop mode and the white squares are gone.