[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest andrea2107

Strange thing.

Accidentally flashed the G330 ROM on my G510. While it does not recognize my SIM and the back speaker does not work, the user-interface feels abit better.

For example, with the G510 ROM i have a 1-2 second lag when unlocking phone (press button -> wait 2 seconds -> screen lights up). But with this ROM it's basically instant.

Seems strange to me..

Ril slows the phone!

Guest anotherjib

Slim-u8833-4.4.4.build.6.3.20140711-CHIL360.zip (without optimizations) seems to be unstable too - there was a spontaneous reboot of the kind I described before, no activity, the phone simply reboots with no apparent reason

Another reboot during talking on the phone. Definitely unstable, in my case for sure

Edited by anotherjib

Guest chil360

chil: Moddingg33k has updated the kernel drivers partially, but he said that those don't work if the ROMs KitKat does not update the code with the kernel. You can try that?

Our rom builds against the android_hardware_qcom_display-legacy repo which is basically the qcom legacy drivers for Jellybean. For kitkat most qcom legacy devices build against android_hardware_qcom_display-caf repo which requires updated kernel code. A partial update to the kernel is not enough to build using the display-caf repo - we need updates to all relevent parts of the kernel not just KGSL. I have tried building this before and had build errors because ion and msm_fb are not updated in the kernel.

If moddingg33k (or anyone else) could set up a kernel repo with these updates, I would be happy to try building the rom against display-caf and report back any build problems & issues.

Guest jobmarva

Hi people sorry to ask but requesting if you could help me get a custom rom for huawei mediapad youth s7 701u and the rooting procedure. Otherwise thanks for the great work.

I can't use this ROM unfortunately...CSipSimple Does not work correctly with it, when I try to call, it often does nothing, and sometimes it calls, but sound is on speaker, when I click speaker icon I can hear a loud crackling noise and then call terminates. So it looks like there are some conflicts with audio drivers or something. On original huawei ROM it works fine. 

If you find some time to look into this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. But even then, I thank you for your contribution, your rom looks great and performs as well - aside from this issue,

Guest hgoldy300

I think there is a bug with wifi, I was using llama to manage wifi connection in stock rom without any problems, but now when the app disable the wifi when I leave home, the phone will go nuts: working with its max frequency (1046 - 1008 even that the phone is not awake), the battery drain is huge, going from 90 to 30 in 1h or 2. The wifi wont turn on manually and the only solution is to reboot. I've found the bug since I first installed this rom back in April but I thought llama was incompatible with kitkat or something like that, until last week when I tried more apps that control wifi with the same result.

So any ideas what's wrong with it? why changing wifi connection manually does not have this effect?

Guest anotherjib

I can't use this ROM unfortunately...CSipSimple Does not work correctly with it, when I try to call, it often does nothing, and sometimes it calls, but sound is on speaker, when I click speaker icon I can hear a loud crackling noise and then call terminates. So it looks like there are some conflicts with audio drivers or something. On original huawei ROM it works fine. 

If you find some time to look into this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. But even then, I thank you for your contribution, your rom looks great and performs as well - aside from this issue,

Seems like most of my reboots are of similar origin. With 6.1 (I think) I also experienced sound loss, and when reboots happened during a call (including this version) they were accompenied with some loud noise from the speaker.

Guest Damian Fears

SlimKat 6.0 is by far the best KK ROM. No random reboots at all. Only issue I have is with the browser and the weird white boxes everywhere. Only browser that runs properly is Firefox. Apart from that, nothing better on this cheap piece of hardware. Thanks heaps for this, so much better than stock.

Guest yapmeo

[bUG] 6.2.20140707

I think MediaProvider.apk not working, no item shown on my Phone/notification/alarm ringtone.

[sOLVED]
After I remove the MicroSD which contain 10,000+ music files, and reboot.
Finally I got the the ringtone on setting.
Guess I have to wait a little bit more until the media scanner scan all audio on every storage.

Edited by yapmeo

Guest SIMONPRO

how to make radio working in the background. i cant use other apps when listen to radio, if i do want to go to home the radio stop working

Guest Ranx91

testing new 6.4 build...works very well,so far no problem found!!!

EDIT:found a problem:

in performance control,i see that i can set my max CPU freq. to 1046 (on y300) ,but when i reboot the phone,the frequency drop to 1008!!!

EDIT2: solved

you must disable mpdecision!!

Edited by Ranx91

Guest anotherjib

Got a reboot with 6.4 when using reverse tethering...

...my bad, I was doing it improperly, now it works without problems

Edited by anotherjib

Just installed 6.2 a few days ago and updated 6.4 today but I lost my 2nd partition EXT4 for Link2SD, it is not mounted and I can't remount it.   I have to reformat the SDcard, this time with EXT2 for the 2nd partition and reinstall all apps.

I am wondering is there a way to update the system but keep the apps with link2sd?

By the way this is how I update the system from 6.2 to 6.4

Downloaded 6.4 to sdcard,

reboot to TWRP recovery

install 6.4

wipe cache and D Cache

Reboot.

Was it something wrong I did, please help...TIA

PS, by the way, very stable and wonderful rom, much better than stock.

Edited by apvm

So does that mean my order was wrong?  I flashed rom then wipe cache and dalvik, so I should wipe cache and dalvik 1st, flash rom and then reboot.  Is that right? Tia

Guest markoprogramer

Mujo kuje mlazne avijone pa ih šalje na tuđe balkone...

Their is no difference do you wipe caches before or after flash!

Hahahahaha :D

Guest mtvento

I've found the same problem. On each update I wiped system, cache and dalvik, then flashed the new room and usually link2sd could remount the second partition with ext4 format and rebuild the init script. Now, after updating from ver.6.2 to ver.6.4 link2sd encounters an error "mount invalid parameter, impossible to create the init script". There must be some change in the configuration of the new version with is not compatible with link2sd.

Edited by mtvento