[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

@Chil360

Do you still think that overclock of CPU n GPU really help in something?

I remember moddingg33k said it doesn't huh.png

There is a marginal benefit of doing so. I suspect the bus infrastructure is just kinda "weak".

Guest mega-samu

All KitKat Roms are laggy!

Habe you see a Nexus 5 or Moto G? This is smooth! KitKat Roms for our Phone is bullshit!

If you are capable of carrying the driver of the adreno, it would go better.  <_<

Chil360 have made a great rom. :)

Edited by mega-samu

Guest Chris 91

Don't know if its been asked yet but..is there any way to stop audio volume going back up when starting games? It does it every time, even after I turn it to mute and restart the app the volume is back up?

And on a side note chil this is a fantastic ROM, really well done, don't care what these moto g fans say, for a phone at this price you've done an excellent job and it is by far the best KitKat ROM I've come across!!!! Thanks

Guest alt-tabtab

In Orbot wizard, selecting the option Proxy all apps through tor seems to disable all network connections, including Orweb. If instead Select individual apps for Tor is selected, Orweb goes online. Does Proxy all apps through Tor work in Slimkat ?

Thanks for this great and speedy fork ! :D

Edit: Disabling the init-script in OrWall solved the issue.

Edited by alt-tabtab

Guest spanitzer

If you are capable of carrying the driver of the adreno, it would go better. <_<

Yes Chil360's work is great

Guest spanitzer

If you are capable of carrying the driver of the adreno, it would go better. <_<

Yes Chil360's work is great

Guest mRibti

Sorry to bother you guys ... i have a G330(u8825-1) ... i flashed the latest build yesterday and i have network signal issues .. do i need to flash somethin else ??

Guest domenico76

Hi Guy, a simple and silly thing....

On the stock we had a really amazing tone for the notification , called "Champagne",  Is it possible to import it in some way in Slimkat? Is it Huawei proprietary?

Guest ascendtomy

Download the tone from google and put to root/system/media/audio/notifications, then set premissions to rw-r-r and go to settings and set this tone for notifications. :)

Edited by ascendtomy

Guest Curuphan

Hi,

i have some problem with the slimkat. I use it for about 2 month, i updated it 3 times, so now i'm using the newest 7.0. My problems are:

-there is no sleep mode (i don't know if it is its name), just full shut down

-the manual network selection isn't working, but it would be very important to me, because i live near to the border

-the new 7.0 consumes much more power than the earlier versions

No offense! I like slimkat, but i wanted to tell my observations in hope they will be fixed sometime. :)

Guest domenico76

Hi Guy, a simple and silly thing....

On the stock we had a really amazing tone for the notification , called "Champagne",  Is it possible to import it in some way in Slimkat? Is it Huawei proprietary?

Download the tone from google and put to root/system/media/audio/notifications, then set premissions to rw-r-r and go to settings and set this tone for notifications. :)

Correct,but I cannot find mthe original ;-) That is why I asked for a re-pack

Edited by domenico76

Guest Charrua155

I flashed 6.8 (no performance tweaker or swap or zram) on 3/08/14, no bugs or reboots until yesterday. Tried to watch a video on Firefox and rebooted.

No big deal, since Chrome handled it well.

At night tried to videocall via Skype. The first time the app started too slowly (message "this app is taking too long, do you want to wait, etc) but the video call worked.

A half hour later tried again and rebooted. Went back to stock, since Skype video call is a big deal for me (main way I can see my granddaughter).

All in all, good rom. Fluid, fast, almost no bugs, battery similar to stock once you get the hang of it (check synchronization of accounts and "always scanning" on wifi). Only issue I found was video call. If fixed, I will try it again.

Guest tooplanx

Hi,

Thinking of updating to 7.0 . I was wondering if anyone knows whether the issue with the white squares blocking out web images has been fixed yet?

Thanks.

Guest Damian Fears

Hi,

Thinking of updating to 7.0 . I was wondering if anyone knows whether the issue with the white squares blocking out web images has been fixed yet?

Thanks.

Not fixed. I use Firefox or dolphin now. Only issue for me also.

Guest Damian Fears

Hi,

Thanks.

Not fixed. I use Firefox or dolphin now. Only issue for me also.

Guest Sportfreunde

So on this build, I'm not getting any lag on Netflix, it's working smoothly, however, the video freezes after like 15 or 20 seconds. The audio is still going, screen stays on, even the subtitles change but the picture is frozen...

Guest domenico76

Hi,

Everytime I modify a picture with the usual tools, apply easy effects and save the image, I can't share using what's up because of a low memory error.

This is despite of the number of other applications open.

Is  it enough gallery+editor ( with the processing ram related) to prevent me to share media using what's up?

Do you have the same issue?

Is any clue to improve there (without changing the phone, of course)

Ciao

Guest luca020400

Hi,

Everytime I modify a picture with the usual tools, apply easy effects and save the image, I can't share using what's up because of a low memory error.

This is despite of the number of other applications open.

Is it enough gallery+editor ( with the processing ram related) to prevent me to share media using what's up?

Do you have the same issue?

Is any clue to improve there (without changing the phone, of course)

Ciao

Try whatsapp +

Ciao da Genova