[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Hello,

i flashed new TWRP but no new rom can be installed..7.0,7.2,7.6...

it starts to install but then rebots.

the last one i installed was 6.4, and now i cant do nothing.

tnx

Guest lomax84

Hello,

i flashed new TWRP but no new rom can be installed..7.0,7.2,7.6...

it starts to install but then rebots.

the last one i installed was 6.4, and now i cant do nothing.

tnx

Which is your version of twrp?

Guest lomax84

Great idea. My powerbutton isnt working that great anymore and i dont want to use the volume buttons that often. Would be a great idea!

i found this app on google play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xzy.android.shakelight

It works really fine, now i wakw my screen simply by touching proximity sensor.

maybe it's good for your slimkat?

Guest lomax84

You have a very nice feature in SlimKat for remapping keys.... the way you said will drain your battery

This function wakes phone without using home or volume button?

This function wakes phone without using home or volume button?

Well, no.. But you can power off it with long press action keys, for waking up the phone you need atleast the volume keys.. Other ways drains the battery (tap to wake, proximity sensor etc)

Guest spanitzer

Hello chil360.

Plesse can you add the new KGSL Driver from Moddingg33k in your kernel?

Thanks

I've spend quite a few hours on creating 2 patches for upgrading the Y300's kernel KGSL drivers:

They are cherry-picked and merged from MSM's KitKat-2.7.stable branch as of 2013-05-21 (didn't have more time to go on).

Have fun cool.png (@ chil )

EDIT: that was like 12h of work ... waste of time IMHO, since I don't play games on the Y300 anyway laugh.png (experimental update of sληορsιs with patched kgsl driver -> http://www.modaco.com/topic/372447-kernel-y300g510-stock-huawei/#entry2225391 - does NOT work with this ROM - )

Which is your version of twrp?

Newest version 2.7.1.. it didnt work with the previous ver(it was an old version, i cant remember witch). so i updated it.

maybe it's not the twrp, i'w been changing roms with no problems till the 6.2.

Newest version 2.7.1.. it didnt work with the previous ver(it was an old version, i cant remember witch). so i updated it.

maybe it's not the twrp, i'w been changing roms with no problems till the 6.2.

ok, so i wiped everything i could wipe and installed 7.8 and it worked....till it is time to boot up the system. now it only restarts.

ok, so i wiped everything i could wipe and installed 7.8 and it worked....till it is time to boot up the system. now it only restarts.

I don't know how but now 7.6 works. when i was installing 7.8, the installation time was to short, and i probably wasn't doing things right. i don't know....i'll wait for 8.0

I don't know how but now 7.6 works. when i was installing 7.8, the installation time was to short, and i probably wasn't doing things right. i don't know....i'll wait for 8.0

Just updated from SlimKAT 7.6 to 7.8 on my G510, using TWRP 2.7.1. Did not check out all the details yet, but everything seems to work fine so far.

Procedure:

Advanced Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache, System

Install SlimKat 7.8

Advanced Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache

Install Slim Mini gapps 4.4.4

Restart System

Finally, after some minutes and one or two manual restarts, SlimKAT 2.8 had found all apps, data, settings etc. I had used on SlimKAT 2.6 before. :)

Edited by UliZ

Just updated from SlimKAT 7.6 to 7.8 on my G510, using TWRP 2.7.1. Did not check out all the details yet, but everything seems to work fine so far.

Procedure:

Install SlimKat 7.8

Restart System

Finally, after some minutes and one or two manual restarts, SlimKAT 2.8 had found all apps, data, settings etc. I had used on SlimKAT 2.6 before. :)

OK. thank you for the details. the thing is, the installation of 7.8 rom lasted about 5 seconds. and i know that's not posible. 

Guest lomax84

Procedure:

Install SlimKat 7.8

Restart System

i don't understand the meaning of wiping after installation.

can you tell me, please? :)

I have been having a strange issue with pro capture camera app on this phone. when i install it and launch it straight after installation its fine. but later when i click the icon to launch pro capture it keeps opening the stock camera. anyone have this issue?

Also another strange thing using google music app specially with streaming or tryng to listen to the downloaded music reboots the phone.?

Did not know that wipes are exececuted by the script, just blindly adopted the procedure from other Smartphones/ROMs I had used.

So with my recent, successfull Slimkat updates I could learn now that needless wiping of already emptied caches does not defect the installation.  :-)

Guest LordMCDonald

Guys I have a problem...

I wanted to update SlimKat 7.6 to 7.8 (I use the Philz Touch Recovery from Shoxx) and when I want to flash the Rom I get Instalation failed on my Ascend G330

Can't open storage/sdcard0/Download/slim-u8825......