[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest anotherjib

how is this rom now ? is more stabile the ramdom rebots are still here ?!

is good for daily use ?

With me I still get a couple of reboots during initial setup but it is pretty stable afterwards, maybe one reboot in a week or so.

I have a problem with Slimkat :P

Since v8.2 of the ROM I can't use the Bible app (a.k.a "Youversion")...

This also happens in CM11, LiquidSmooth and Aospa... and I don't know why (this is the only reason to stay in a stock ROM for now for me)

Guest killadroid

I have a problem with Slimkat :P

Since v8.2 of the ROM I can't use the Bible app (a.k.a "Youversion")...

This also happens in CM11, LiquidSmooth and Aospa... and I don't know why (this is the only reason to stay in a stock ROM for now for me)

are u a pastor? an app is a deal breaker to a newer android version?

Guest chil360

No, it isn't, with ChepKun patch's there is no DIM behind expanded panel (no UI lag), SlimRoms uses a different way to enable transparent status bar

Currently I use a patch to force highend graphics throughout the system ui dependent on the persist.sys.force_highendgfx property. Highend graphics gives us the transparent status bar but also affects other things within system ui.

ChepKun's patch enables only the transparent status bar without the overhead of the other changes implemented for highend graphics.

Using ChepKun's patch instead of forced highend graphics does seem to be smoother so I will use this for the next build.

are u a pastor? an app is a deal breaker to a newer android version?

Nope, I'm just a normal person...

And yes, I suppose... if I can't get some apps working in a newer version of android, then I have to stay in an oldest version...

The question here is why an app doesn't work in recent versions of Slimkat, when oldest versions doesn't have that problem... :/

Guest Alduin Acatosh

This ROM is wonderful and big thanks to its creator.

Now I've just one big problem- CALL QUALITY. 

They are no where near stock version... Is there anything I could do? :(

I'd like to report a problem with the radio. When I adjust the volume with headphones on it doesn't do anything, it works when I turn speaker mode on though. Also, is there a thread anywhere for this particular FM radio app specifically?

Guest juanpablocastillo

Currently I use a patch to force highend graphics throughout the system ui dependent on the persist.sys.force_highendgfx property. Highend graphics gives us the transparent status bar but also affects other things within system ui.

ChepKun's patch enables only the transparent status bar without the overhead of the other changes implemented for highend graphics.

Using ChepKun's patch instead of forced highend graphics does seem to be smoother so I will use this for the next build.

Thanks chil.

Guest juanpablocastillo

Yes but our cpu need more time to read the -O3 commands so the phone became slow

-Os is the best in small phone/embedded devices

I think we need a space/speed tradeoff, I vote for -O2.

Guest bushibaa

slimrom is the most smooth rom I ever flashed, thanks for your work.

but my device is huawei c8812e, i flashed slimrom for g330, only the mobile data connection(chinatelecom cdma) cannot work. I ever could use the mobile data connection, but at the same time, sms got wrong. I have to flash other roms changed from official to recovery sms. 

forgive my poor english, hope you can understand what I say. thanks for your help.

Guest webmariner87

Hi guys,

someone noticed imprecisions with GPS? I use apps to track my run, and i noticed that for the app, sometimes, i run "on the building" and not on the street. I hope i have been clear.

Something like this, but also worse (it's not my screenshot)

http://blog.runtastic.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/clip_image002-300x300.jpg

Guest StewieTech

Hello,

I contacted slimroms to fully translate slimkat into portuguese but they said i needed programing knowledge and i don´t have it. Is there a way one of you guys can send me the text so i can translate, and then you push the code to slimkat?

Thanks.

Guest ravi007

Hey

plz Can anyone tell me,which is the latest version of cwm for huawei y300 and also the instructions to install it without using adb?

I am new to this kind of stuff like rooting and installing custom rom ,etc.....

Edited by ravi007

Hi guys,

someone noticed imprecisions with GPS? I use apps to track my run, and i noticed that for the app, sometimes, i run "on the building" and not on the street. I hope i have been clear.

Something like this, but also worse (it's not my screenshot)

http://blog.runtastic.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/clip_image002-300x300.jpg

These crumbled lines might depend on the app you use:

If I use the "outdooractive" app, the recorded lines look like on your example, whereas in the "apemap" app the lines/measuring points are looking much more straightended.

Maybe in apemap they use some kind of attenuation in recording the measuring points.

In general the accuracy of private GPS is limited to 4-8m, so to avoid "running on buildings" on your records, you might have to constantly provide an 8m distance next time :-)

Guest webmariner87

These crumbled lines might depend on the app you use:

If I use the "outdooractive" app, the recorded lines look like on your example, whereas in the "apemap" app the lines/measuring points are looking much more straightended.

Maybe in apemap they use some kind of attenuation in recording the measuring points.

In general the accuracy of private GPS is limited to 4-8m, so to avoid "running on buildings" on your records, you might have to constantly provide an 8m distance next time :-)

Thanks for the reply =) 

However I found the same issue with 3 apps, so i started to think that it was my phone. 

And unfortunately i have more that the "running on buildings". Infact sometimes it results that i run forward, so i run back for few meters, and again forward. Like a crazy son of a beach =D