[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest Romagnolo1973

@ZolaIII As you have experimented with Performance Control the most, could you post a list of the settings you use to get the best performance?

if I can, my setting for best use (performance&battery) using your kernel is that:

Set minimum cpu at 196mhz instead of 320

Conservative-Row (or Ondemand-Row that is almost the same)

MPDecison active

Zram 18%

SDreadahead 2048kb

I leave inactive others things or set as default

@Domino2115: be patient, when Slim will update the rom chill will update it too and adding the others things we are talking about in the last pages

Guest lazy2dabone

Couple of WiFi related bugs:

1) Has problems connecting to some WiFi hotspots. normally open ones with no wep/WPA protection. Example here in London there's a lot ofplaces tthat offer free WiFi via the cloud network, most connect fine but some wouldn't connect at all.

2) Also noticed that after awhile it seems to stop scanning for access points sometimes and the only way to get phone to pick up WiFi networks is to reboot phone.

Other then these to slight bugs rom is good and have switched to it after bouncing back n forth from cm10.1 & cm11

Guest ZolaIII

CPU governor: on demand I should suggest a inteliondemand as default in future as there is little states & scaling is fast set min default to 196 (128 is a minimum whit which system don't have a problem with awakening from deep sleep).

IO; governer deadline, read ahead cash 512 KB (more then this is ridiculous as this is a block size more will only speed us reed of larger files bat with a performance penalty for general writing & small files read) & disabling iostates (set it to "0").

Mem: set the cash preshure to 80 it will speed UI a little & give a little time to system not reclaiming cash that aggressively on the other hand the reclaiming of cash from kernel is set off (set to 0) so this will consume a mem over time bat not much when set to 80 (in of is to reboot system once in 7 days & I am shore that 95% of people do this more often).

Those are from that what is current available.

Most performance gains I got are from bionic libs (libc & libm) that are not meant for this soc or CPU (krait) so its possible to gain even more whit proper one's!

Other things are mostly related to tuning of kernel futures & build tools & of course addition usable futures (like congregation protocols Vegas & Westwood that is)...

Also there is a need for a file swap support on external storage as CPU is to slow with compressions so Zram don't make much sense (it's good in of for apps bat to slow with games utilizes to much CPU resources).

On the other hand multi (two) swap files with same priority will give best results naturally on ext4 partition. I did a experiment on cash partition bat its relatively to small (up to 2x80 MB swap files). On the other hand stock system lefts around 200MB of free space so repartitioning for advanced users should not be a problem & a 320MB (2x160MB) should be in of for most users bat this is not for you to integrate bat for advanced users to do them self. It should be idiotic to distribute (download) two swap files weighting a 320 MBs of zeros.

Edited by ZolaIII

I've ran into problems.

I'm now getting broken and stuttery/jumpy notifications/ringtones.

Music doesn't play properly.

My y300 freezes every 20/30 mins regularly for no reason, more if I'm browsing the web.

I don't know what's caused this but any smoothness or performance has gone to be left with poor performance and a lot of lag.

No new apps installed either. :-(

I've ran into problems.

My y300 freezes every 20/30 mins regularly for no reason, more if I'm browsing the web.

I don't know what's caused this but any smoothness or performance has gone to be left with poor performance and a lot of lag.

have u instaled busy box or any other modules !?

have u instaled busy box or any other modules !?

No.

And I would mention that if I had.

Its very bad today.

I'm now trying to decide which ROM to flash in slimkats place

Guest Romagnolo1973

I've ran into problems.

For me SlimKat is solid as a rock so try reinstall from zero with al the possible wipe and install not so much apps, developers are not upadating app ready for KK and this can cause issue with the rom stability, so don't install too much apps especially if they are not updated recently

For me SlimKat is solid as a rock so try reinstall from zero with al the possible wipe and install not so much apps, developers are not upadating app ready for KK and this can cause issue with the rom stability, so don't install too much apps especially if they are not updated recently

I have tried that already..........

This problem effects all ROMs I tried.

Guest Bundizle

the audio at tyms magically disappears i dont why. am using the media codecs provided by zolall..a reboot resolves this issue bt its annoying at times :(

Guest chil360

I'm still not happy with my modified media_codecs.xml so it's not going in the next build. I will do more testing on it next week.

SlimKat 2.8 RC3 has just been tagged, so I have just kicked off a new build. It will be up on Google Drive when it's done. Dropbox has been dropped because of the bandwidth limits so OTA support & downloads will now be completely hosted from Google Drive.

Take a look at http://slimroms.net/ for a peek at what's coming in this build.

Guest ZolaIII

@Coa

Jesil ti probo manifest za kodeke koji sam ti poslo?

Ovaj što se žale je onaj chilov prerađeni!

In English please & sorry about this!

As if shouldn't really make any problems with audio recording of standard formats as for those anyway are used Google's default libs (software ones) - OMX. google...

Guest Bundizle

I'm still not happy with my modified media_codecs.xml so it's not going in the next build. I will do more testing on it next week.

SlimKat 2.8 RC3 has just been tagged, so I have just kicked off a new build. It will be up on Google Drive when it's done. Dropbox has been dropped because of the bandwidth limits so OTA support & downloads will now be completely hosted from Google Drive.

Take a look at http://slimroms.net/ for a peek at what's coming in this build.

always a pleasure seeing ur writing! this rom is the bomb..thanks for u great work. :)

Guest painteramit

http://postimg.org/image/p9zqrge77/

http://postimg.org/image/4aw2opjfz/

http://postimg.org/image/4aw2opjfz/

This is my battery life with this rom. This is ok? About 1 hour gaming, and about 4 hour messaging and surfing. Wifi always on. (Sorry for bad english)

Almost same with my Y300. it is somewhat disappointment. and this happens with RC2 and not RC1 & earlier. (RC1 and earlier was having good battery life).

Hope we'll get it fixed in the upcoming RC3. :D :P ;)