[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest Romagnolo1973

Looks good, a couple of things might be holding me back from using it daily.

Every time I reboot the navigation bar comes up even when it's disabled.

Are there settings for scrolling cache? I had a couple of apps close that had long pages and I'm guessing that's why.

I updated the super user and got boot loops. Has anyone changed/updated SU without problems?

Other than that it's a very good ROM, fast and lite. :-)

superuser is deep inside the rom so is not easy uninstall or update it. I have tried in the past disabling it and using Supersu instead and is working.

Update Super user so is impossible till slimrom not update it directly 

Guest wbrambley

superuser is deep inside the rom so is not easy uninstall or update it. I have tried in the past disabling it and using Supersu instead and is working.

Update Super user so is impossible till slimrom not update it directly

OK, thanks. Will most likely work fine but some apps don't like it.

Guest Gianfrix

Unfortunately I have to say that I feel the UI quite laggy, especially when pulling down the notification bar, when I type on the keyboard or in random occasions. Surprisingly, when not all the screen is being updated (like scrolling a list) it seems quite smooth (I guess this has to do with the method Android uses to update the screen; it redraws only the changed parts).

As ppl here say this rom is smooth, I guess I'm doing something wrong. I always full wipe before flashing. I even installed GLTools but it didn't help as it would with other roms. I already set a different governor using Performance Control. Any ideas?

so about that pin code problem, at least for Portuguese language, i noticed that the text "just for emergency calls repeats 2 times, i think that's why the numbers are broken in half, also can some of the experts here say atm the best performance settings for y300? 

Guest ZolaIII

@ barrin & others

For all apps (Slims) & translation related problems wrote a bug report to official Slim ROMs.

& Gianfrix & others

Changing a CPU governor to anything more then basic ones can trigger a abnormal behavior of QoS (quality of service) - qosmngr process.

If it happens simple restart will resolve it.

For now recommendation is to use ondemand CPU with CFQ IO governors.

Wizards & demons

As its very hard to chase things like this all help is welcomed.

For advanced users that are willing to help by testing pm me I think I have a solution.

Edited by ZolaIII

Yesterday I installed Slim 3 (full wipe + micro PA GApps). Everything was perfect until I open camera and choosed photosphere (I think this is the correct name). Suddenly the phone rebooted, and then I had other 2 reboots. Now photosphere seems to work good, I can't reproduce to issue so I can't make a logcat.

One of you had the same problem?

Yesterday I installed Slim 3 (full wipe + micro PA GApps). Everything was perfect until I open camera and choosed photosphere (I think this is the correct name). Suddenly the phone rebooted, and then I had other 2 reboots. Now photosphere seems to work good, I can't reproduce to issue so I can't make a logcat.

I guess it's cuz, as the G300, the G510/Y300/G330 don't have gyroscope

Guest Romagnolo1973

Do you remember this is a Y300 not a Nexus ? And we don't have some sensors as giroscope for exemple.

Photosphere use giroscope for sure that why it does not work properly

http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/113-addons/none-inverted

as you can see is for nexus only

Edited by Romagnolo1973

My problem isn't the gapps its the camera...... I said that because someone trying to be helpful has told me off in private message for installing photosphere and I haven't got photosphere installed...... My camera don't work and was wandering if others have the same problem..... I don't want people saying mines fine or mine works...... I'm more interested in why mine don't work......... :-(

Edited by ivan41

Can I please ask people-however helpful or knowledgeable they think they are being to stop having a go or giving me a dressing down in my private message inbox because I've dared say in public here that I've got problems???

1. I ain't a developer or in cooberation with one.

I know nothing about ROM development and I'm just a slightly more interested user.

2. I never openly criticise anyone here, even the Devs of any roms.

Why would I?

They do us a favour by giving us something huawei wont-for free and with no payment and using their own free time.

3. I'm sure I have a hardware failure or issue with my own y300.

My WiFi doesn't work on any 4.1, 4.3 or 4.4 ROMs but it works on 4.2........

My camera doesn't work on slimkat, but works very slowly on cm11......

I'm puzzled and if I could sort this myself I wouldn't ask......

Please don't have a go at me for asking simple questions, I may learn something here.........

Guest Blasted Remnants

Loving the new SlimKat release, and I've had no problems with the camera or WiFi or anything else really. Only issue I've had so far is that I can't play Breach and Clear anymore, won't load and just black screens after the first logo pops up. I'm thinking that's probably got something to do with some settings needing tweaking tho, so I'm sure it'll work I just haven't messed with anything yet to try and get it working. Anyone have any suggestions for the governors and schedulers? I'm always just guessing with those anyway, and have almost no idea what the differences are between them all.

My camera doesn't work on slimkat, but works very slowly on cm11......
I'm puzzled and if I could sort this myself I wouldn't ask......

Not sure where your trouble is coming from Ivan, my camera works fine and so do the other camera apps I've tried. Have you tried any other camera apps from the Play Store? If any of them work then at least you'd be able to rule out any sort of hardware problem. Try this one, I like it and find it quite a bit better than the stock camera app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.almalence.opencam

Guest TayoOnabule

No, there isn't

In that case... How would I go about setting the low_ram thing to true?

It says true in the build.prop already... But my statusbar is still gradiated