[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest ZolaIII

Well Ivan after trying of flashing a firmware & it didn't resolved problems I told you to bring the phone to repair service or shop where you bought it as this is not a software problem.

Does the slimkat 3 contain the new media_codec.xml ?

Zolalll?

Edit: Or i should copy the code again that you have posted?

Edited by MasterRck

Loving the new SlimKat release, and I've had no problems with the camera or WiFi or anything else really. Only issue I've had so far is that I can't play Breach and Clear anymore, won't load and just black screens after the first logo pops up. I'm thinking that's probably got something to do with some settings needing tweaking tho, so I'm sure it'll work I just haven't messed with anything yet to try and get it working. Anyone have any suggestions for the governors and schedulers? I'm always just guessing with those anyway, and have almost no idea what the differences are between them all.

Not sure where your trouble is coming from Ivan, my camera works fine and so do the other camera apps I've tried. Have you tried any other camera apps from the Play Store? If any of them work then at least you'd be able to rule out any sort of hardware problem. Try this one, I like it and find it quite a bit better than the stock camera app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.almalence.opencam

I'll try it.

Well Ivan after trying of flashing a firmware & it didn't resolved problems I told you to bring the phone to repair service or shop where you bought it as this is not a software problem.
Yes Zola I just wanted to try the new release because some ROMs for me have been good for several days then the problem I describe comes ....... This was good for maybe 12 hours then I loose WiFi or my Google apps crash. I try lots of gapps Take apps off. Put different apps on. I get told off by my wife for being on my phone at all hours..... But because car phone warehouse is not near the town I live I have to take back at the weekend to book service. :-( But since last night, I try different ROMs..... Cm10.1 works perfectly......... 10.2, slimkat, & cm11 all have various issues.......... :-( Edited by ivan41

Guest tadopogi

Can I please ask people-however helpful or knowledgeable they think they are being to stop having a go or giving me a dressing down in my private message inbox because I've dared say in public here that I've got problems???

1. I ain't a developer or in cooberation with one.

I know nothing about ROM development and I'm just a slightly more interested user.

2. I never openly criticise anyone here, even the Devs of any roms.

Why would I?

They do us a favour by giving us something huawei wont-for free and with no payment and using their own free time.

3. I'm sure I have a hardware failure or issue with my own y300.

My WiFi doesn't work on any 4.1, 4.3 or 4.4 ROMs but it works on 4.2........

My camera doesn't work on slimkat, but works very slowly on cm11......

I'm puzzled and if I could sort this myself I wouldn't ask......

Please don't have a go at me for asking simple questions, I may learn something here.........

hi

have you tried returning to complete stock? (as in the dload method)

Guest tadopogi

Unfortunately I have to say that I feel the UI quite laggy, especially when pulling down the notification bar, when I type on the keyboard or in random occasions. Surprisingly, when not all the screen is being updated (like scrolling a list) it seems quite smooth (I guess this has to do with the method Android uses to update the screen; it redraws only the changed parts).

As ppl here say this rom is smooth, I guess I'm doing something wrong. I always full wipe before flashing. I even installed GLTools but it didn't help as it would with other roms. I already set a different governor using Performance Control. Any ideas?

+1

even cm11 has this problem to me.

its kinda like installing windows 7 on a 10 yr old computer.

Guest ZolaIII

Does the slimkat 3 contain the new media_codec.xml ?

Zolalll?

Edit: Or i should copy the code again that you have posted?

Actuality don't know which is included still on 2.8.

The problem whose in slims & CMs config of codecs.

The one I posted is from Code Aurora simple & clean, bat even one from stock ROM will work. Change it only if you have problems!

Guest ZolaIII

For the qosmgr misbehavior with more complex CPU governors (intellidemand) put this file in system/etc & change permissions to rw-r-r then reboot.

qosmgr_rules.xml

As it goes for UI responsiveness with enabled alpha transparency you know that it's very CPU intensive so put it to 16 bit by adding this line to the build.prop save & reboot.

persist.sys.use_16bpp_alpha=1

@Zolalll

Did you see Chil's github there is a commitment that updated media codecs?

Any improvememt on media playback?

Not trying it now as i have to concentrate on my exam :(

Do you remember this is a Y300 not a Nexus ? And we don't have some sensors as giroscope for exemple.

Photosphere use giroscope for sure that why it does not work properly

http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/113-addons/none-inverted

as you can see is for nexus only

It's ok, I was just reporting my issue and I thought this could be helpful.

I didn't flash PhotoSphere from slimroms.net, I was talking about the feature of stock camera (maybe it isn't PhotoSphere and It has a different name? I don't know, and I said this). Though, now it works well.

I want to report another strange issue. Yesterday in the evening the phone became slow and CPU was blocked at 1008 MHz (I didn't change anything with Performance Control. Of course I had a full wipe before installing Slim3). Thanks to a logcat I saw that there was a process in loop:

E/memtrack(15604): Couldn't load memtrack module (No such file or directory)
E/android.os.Debug(15604): failed to load memtrack module: -2 
After a reboot it works well but the process in loop was still there. In the night the phone didn't go in deep sleep (screen with Performance Control):

14ltuft.jpg

Here is full logcat:

02-18 23:45:08.520 E/memtrack(15604): Couldn't load memtrack module (No such file or directory)
02-18 23:45:08.520 E/android.os.Debug(15604): failed to load memtrack module: -2
02-18 23:45:08.610 E/memtrack(15612): Couldn't load memtrack module (No such file or directory)
02-18 23:45:08.610 E/android.os.Debug(15612): failed to load memtrack module: -2
02-18 23:45:10.380 E/memtrack(15634): Couldn't load memtrack module (No such file or directory)
02-18 23:45:10.380 E/android.os.Debug(15634): failed to load memtrack module: -2
02-18 23:45:12.240 I/Choreographer( 3301): Skipped 161 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.
02-18 23:45:12.260 I/Choreographer(15580): Skipped 235 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.
02-18 23:45:12.650 E/memtrack(15651): Couldn't load memtrack module (No such file or directory)
02-18 23:45:12.650 E/android.os.Debug(15651): failed to load memtrack module: -2
02-18 23:45:12.940 I/Choreographer(15580): Skipped 39 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.
02-18 23:45:12.970 I/Choreographer( 3394): Skipped 79 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.
02-18 23:45:13.110 W/IInputConnectionWrapper(15580): showStatusIcon on inactive InputConnection
02-18 23:45:13.170 I/ActivityManager( 3552): Timeline: Activity_idle id: android.os.BinderProxy@4223e730 time:20344420
02-18 23:45:18.450 E/memtrack(15684): Couldn't load memtrack module (No such file or directory)
02-18 23:45:18.450 E/android.os.Debug(15684): failed to load memtrack module: -2
02-18 23:45:19.540 E/memtrack(15716): Couldn't load memtrack module (No such file or directory)
02-18 23:45:19.540 E/android.os.Debug(15716): failed to load memtrack module: -2

Today I still have this issue.

How about that you reed 3 posts up?

As for memory tracking module it's not present & it is a issue bat not related.

I didn't know that it was the same problem, and I didn't choose more complex CPU governors (I still have default choice), so I think you were talking about different things.

Guest ZolaIII

I didn't know that it was the same problem, and I didn't choose more complex CPU governors (I still have default choice), so I think you were talking about different things.

Check witch one is it?

As log cat shows as it can't find module it stops looking for it so that's not a CPU usage related. How about that you monitor what process is using it when it happens?

I am still on 2.8 so I don't know changes in 3.0 at least not for default values.

What I know is that a implemented qosmgr config that's integrated in 3.0 is for ondemand...

Check witch one is it?

As log cat shows as it can't find module it stops looking for it so that's not a CPU usage related. How about that you monitor what process is using it when it happens?

I am still on 2.8 so I don't know changes in 3.0 at least not for default values.

What I know is that a implemented qosmgr config that's integrated in 3.0 is for ondemand...

Governor: ondemand

I/O scheduler: sio

I am not a dev and perhaps neither a power user, so I am not able to understand perfecly the content of a logcat. I only post it on the forum hoping that can help other users and the dev. :)

Guest huaweihero

did they increase the time i have to hold down the home button for to see the recent apps menu? when i set it to a single tap with the nova launcher, the menu comes up really fast

Guest nomox22

Hello,

since Monday i use the V3 on my Y300 and until now no issues. It´s a very good ROM, for me it works fine.

I have only one questions. Can I disable this three points (Software button) in the upper right corner.

Guest rederik75

Looking for some info about qosmgr I've found a thread on XDA that adviced to rename /system/bin/qosmgr to /../../qosmgr.bak to prevent it from running. This for a certain kernel they were talking about.

Just for curiosity, I'm trying this solution to see what happens. I'm using smartassV2 governor and sio scheduler.

Tomorrow I'll report my impressions

Edited by rederik75

Guest chil360

Looking for some info about qosmgr I've found a thread on XDA that adviced to rename /system/bin/qosmgr to /../../qosmgr.bak to prevent it from running. This for a certain kernel they were talking about.

Just for curiosity, I'm trying this solution to see what happens. I'm using smartassV2 governor and sio scheduler.

Tomorrow I'll report my impressions

I've been thinking about removing qosmgr completely but ZolaIII insists that it's beneficial.

Guest gohaanzz

For the qosmgr misbehavior with more complex CPU governors (intellidemand) put this file in system/etc & change permissions to rw-r-r then reboot.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif qosmgr_rules.xml

As it goes for UI responsiveness with enabled alpha transparency you know that it's very CPU intensive so put it to 16 bit by adding this line to the build.prop save & reboot.

persist.sys.use_16bpp_alpha=1

How do I do all this am a noob but quick to catch on