[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

When I try to scan a barcode from google authenticator the whole phone crashes. Also the barcode scanner app is very buggy on this phone and tends to crash a lot. Is it a problem with the camera?

Guest chil360

3.85 awesome rom Wish I had installed it earlier! Good Job! Pease make donate with PayPal in your 1st post.

Thanks for your support! If you wish to donate there's a link in my forum signature.

This kernel work on carbon ROM ?

No. The kernel & wifi modules would need to be repacked in a carbon rom boot.img.

When I try to scan a barcode from google authenticator the whole phone crashes. Also the barcode scanner app is very buggy on this phone and tends to crash a lot. Is it a problem with the camera?

What app do you use to scan barcodes? If you make a logcat, I will look at the error messages and see if there's anything I can do to fix it.

Guest Mirke

Beer sent, hope your next release will be battery friendly, this one (3.85) kills it in less than day. But smoothness of the rom cannot be replaced by any other. Best regards

Guest chil360

Beer sent, hope your next release will be battery friendly, this one (3.85) kills it in less than day. But smoothness of the rom cannot be replaced by any other. Best regards

Thanks Mirke! The next release will be 4.0 stable - Slim tagged the code for v4.0 a couple of days ago so they must be testing now. I am waiting for the announcement of v4 release before I start building in case there are any last minute fixes.

As this is a stable release, I am not doing any kernel/device changes but I'm currently working on some kgsl (adreno kernel driver) updates from the TeamHackLG kernel for future builds. Still won't be enough to run any newer adreno blobs but hopefully it's a step in that direction.

I do need to look at the battery usasge so any information you could provide about which processes are causing the drain would be useful. Apps such as BetterBatteryStats could be useful to help identify the problem.

Guest fonz93

Would This work with huawei ascend g300 ? Are there any differences from g330 and g300

g330 is dual core, g300 is single, don't try it

Edited by fonz93

Guest wackoj

I thought Slimkat 4.0 would be available by tomorrow, just as every weekly build. I was waiting for it as I miss this great ROM, CM 11 is not as smooth.

Guest laurisss

g330 is dual core, g300 is single, don't try it

What can happen ? ;3 .. nah don't want to burn it. Well good for you guys your phones are still alive, g300 almost dead :\

Guest GReddyBlackie

hi.chil360. firstly thank for the great SlimKat 3.9 ROM for G330. I like to share some issues with you;

• mine is a single SIM, u8825-1. and when i reboot, it will give me a persistent error, requesting me to start.
  • Only BaNkS GApps works, I get an error for the official Slim GApps
  • When i install HANGOUT and WHATSAPP, it return me an error (403)
  • It also return me an error on "CONNECTION ERROR" when i tried to logon using Tapatalk app
      This is an unofficial build of SlimKat 3.9 for the Huawei Ascend Y300, G510 & G330.   For more information about SlimKat go to: http://slimroms.net/   This is my first attempt at any android rom porting so use at your own risk!   This rom was made by porting Dazzozo's CM11 device tree to build against the SlimKat sources.   Screenshot_2014_01_17_17_35_02.pngScreenshot_2014_01_17_17_35_37.pngScreenshot_2014_01_17_17_36_16.png     Now that the porting work is complete, I intend to update this ROM to coincide with the official SlimKat weekly releases. There may also be a few test builds as I experiment with things before adding to the regular builds.   FAQ:   How do i get root access? Go to Settings > Developer Options > Root Access and set it to Applications and ADB   How do I change the DPI? Edid the build.prop file and set ro.sf.lcd_density=240   How do I enable Advanced Reboot? Go to Settings > Security > Advanced Reboot and set it to Show Always   Downloads:        Y300 ROM: Google Drive        G510 ROM: Google Drive        G330 ROM: Google Drive        GAPPS: Any 4.4.2 GApps should work, Slim GApps is the official version for Slim but I use BaNkS GApps   Latest SlimKat Build:
    • SlimKat Sources 23/03/2014 (Slimkat 3.9)
    • Chil360-kernel v0.31 (Changelog)
      • Chil360-kernel v0.31 (Changelog): Google Drive

Build 22/03/2014

• SlimKat Sources 21/03/2014 (Slimkat 3.85)
          • SlimKat Sources 16/03/2014 (Slimkat 3.8)
            • SlimKat Sources 09/03/2014 (Slimkat 3.6)
            • Chil360-kernel v0.29 (Changelog)
              • SlimKat Sources 03/03/2014 (Slimkat 3.4)
              • Chil360-kernel v0.27 (Changelog)
                • SlimKat Sources 24/02/2014 (Slimkat 3.2)
                  • SlimKat Sources 20/02/2014 (KVT49L)
                  • Remove qosmgr to prevent battery drain
                  • More kernel patches (Commit history)
                  • Init.d support
                    • SlimKat Sources 16/02/2014 (3 stable) Changelog
                    • Kernel optimizations + added more cpu govenors & I/O schedulers

Build 10/02/2014Changelog [*]Added some optimisation flags

[*]SlimKat Sources 10/02/2014 (2.8 RC3) 

[*]SlimKat Sources 03/02/2014 (2.6 RC2)

[*]SlimKat Sources 26/01/2014 (2.5 RC1)

[*]SlimKat Sources 20/01/2014 [*]Fixed signal strength indicator.

[*]SlimKat Sources 19/01/2014 [*]Use classic webview.

[*]SlimKat Sources 18/01/2014 [*]Added G510 build.

Build 17/01/2014

[*]SlimKat Sources 17/01/2014 [*]Working GPS

Build 16/01/2014

[*]Initial Build [*]SlimKat Sources 16/01/2014

Source:   My sources & build instructions: https://github.com/chil360   See also: https://github.com/SlimRoms , https://github.com/Dazzozo , https://github.com/legaCyMod   Credits:
                    • [*]Dazzozo [*]legaCyMod [*]SlimRoms [*]Ceastel

Build 03/02/2014Changelog [*]Switch to Slim Based frameworks av & native and qcom media-caf [*]OTA rom downloads through SlimCenter [*]Dim the button backlights [*]Add Clear All Recent Apps patch

Build 26/01/2014Changelog [*]Default to 240 DPI [*]Added G330 build (TEST BUILD)

Build 20/01/2014

Build 19/01/2014

Build 18/01/2014

Build 17/02/2014 Build 20/02/2014 Build 24/02/2014 Build 04/03/2014 Build 10/03/2014 Build 17/03/2014 Edited by GReddyBlackie

Guest Mirke

After restart (and wipe BatteryStats at 100% charge), battery leak dissapeared (message MMS, missing APN name....)! Changed the cpu combo to Lulzactive/SIO Antutu gives 8275 :)

No Wakelocks and Awake<1% Great Job!

The Only odd thing is that battery stats show that WiFi is activated constantly at 100% of time, but it isn't true. I bet another restart will fix this too :)

Best ROM for G510 by far.

Tnx chil360

Guest squal

hello guys... pleas help how to install an update in this rom(slimkat) w/o loosing my installed app from market....im using by tWRP 2.6.3.3...

maraming salamat!

eng:

thankyou !

Guest SH3H1

This kernel work on dazzoso cyanogenmod11 ?

It's answered several times :angry2: :D :P

No. The kernel & wifi modules would need to be repacked in a "Other" rom boot.img.

Regards

Edt:Slimkat 4 stable out for us :wub:

Edited by MasterRck

Guest Bundizle

any1 tried the 4.0 build? the other 1'ns were very smooth stable n fast but somewhatly mediocre battery life. everything is better than cm except the batt life

Guest svennn

Install notes from the changelog: "For dirty flashers: Before you flash, you MUST wipe your system manually. Gapps has received major rework, and this way you ensure that nothing old will be left."

What is meant by that? Wiping the system (not the data partition) and flashing release 4.0 will work well and without losing user data? Or an (as clean as possible) uninstall of the installed Gapps? I just don't want to spend another 2 or 3 hours setting up the smartphone again if it can be avoided.

Edited by svennn

Guest SaurabhRCk

any1 tried the 4.0 build? the other 1'ns were very smooth stable n fast but somewhatly mediocre battery life. everything is better than cm except the batt life

I installed it! Going great so far! No issue!

Install notes from the changelog: "For dirty flashers: Before you flash, you MUST wipe your system manually. Gapps has received major rework, and this way you ensure that nothing old will be left."

What is meant by that? Wiping the system (not the data partition) and flashing release 4.0 will work well and without losing user data? Or an (as clean as possible) uninstall of the installed Gapps? I just don't want to spend another 2 or 3 hours setting up the smartphone again if it can be avoided.

this is only if you use slimgapps as it got major update. And yes, only system partition, cache and delvik. nothing else. wipe those and flash the rom and gapps. dts all. on the other hand if you use some other gapps package like me (pa gapps) dn you don't need to wipe system. just cache and delvik will do fine! 

Greetings! 

Edited by SaurabhRCk

Guest svennn

&nbsp;

this is only if you use slimgapps as it got major update. And yes, only system partition, cache and delvik. nothing else. wipe those and flash the rom and gapps. dts all. on the other hand if you use some other gapps package like me (pa gapps) dn you don't need to wipe system. just cache and delvik will do fine!&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Greetings!&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Thanks for the quick answer, worked perfectly (normally, I just do dirty flashing...).

Guest chil360

Hi, I want to try this new version but first I want to know what's the difference between the Slim GApps and BaNkS GApps. Is there any problems with the official Slim GApps?

There is no problem with the official Slim GApps - it is designed specifically for SlimKat. The difference is about which apps you prefer to use - Slim GApps contains most of the default Google apps where as BaNkS is extremely minimalist - the core version just installs Play Store and sync tools.

Guest Mirke

BanNks is better choice, you can add up more. After install network doesn't work, restart once and you'll get the full functionality.

In 3.85 I had problem with MMS messages, I'll report later about 4.0 situation ;)