[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest Andresrlp

Hi everybody!

Is the GPS in google maps working in 4.8?

Yes, it works on my G510-0200. I use the official TomTom App, and it works great, but the voice is quite stuttering. I don't know why. I didn't try Google Maps navigation.

Guest Andresrlp

I don't know, but if you want to go back to old version of recent apps because you don't know how to close all those apps at once, you can do it with a two fingers pinch. I hope you like this tip.

Guest atlas.

Notifications of instagram and ask.FM aren't working to me, has anyone noticed it?

notifications of ask.FM and instagram are working ok to me

Guest Taiji2078

Thank you for your work ...

It is so sad tho ... none of you implemented the best of KK 4.4.2 ... the EMOJI symbols and fonts set. It is the best part for me of this new OS ... and it's completely missing from our Huawei devices.

I have 2-3 ROMs left to install & try ... but you all used the same version from Dazz and he didn't implement the fonts in his CM 11.0 release.

Maybe you know how to fix this and add the fonts too. TY.

Guest anaukar

the rom is almost perfect, FM radio is a usefull app not present in the rom.

Edited by anaukar

Guest Mirke

Turn back Notification LED back, still no blink (battery leak). Interesting....

Edited by Mirke

Guest domenico76

Hi All,

Can be the SlimKat installed by TWRP 2.7.0.2 directly without any extra passage but for flash the zip?

Is it stable for a normal usage? What is the gain over an Essential B199?

Thank you 

Edited by domenico76

Guest svennn

Hi All,

Can be the SlimKat installed by TWRP 2.7.0.2 directly without any extra passage but for flash the zip?

Thank you 

Hi,

As all custom ROMs have device-specific bugs (meaning that some bugs on a G-510 can occur that do not occur on another G510...) it is difficult to tell if the ROM is stable for you. Speaking for me, I really like the ROM for daily use. I do not have any battery leak (though, as I said before, I do not use all components of the hardware (GPS, bluetooth,...)). I experience some random reboots from time to time (one random reboot in a day or every other day).

Compared to stock-based ROMs (as Essential B199 is), other custom ROMs have commonly a worse battery life and are sometimes not as stable (random reboots, force close of apps,...). I haven't tried Essential B199, though.

Guest Romagnolo1973

Hi All,

Thank you 

You need put the zip into sd (or into smartphone memory if you have not one) thang goes to TWRP, made a backup of your previous rom, put this backup in your computer hd to be more secure and than make all wipe ( push wipe square on twrp menu), goes to Install and give the zip directory, at the end make a wipe cache and dalvik cache as suggested from recovery then reboot.

Guest mockingbird

Is it worth upgrading to 4.9 ? I'm currently running 4.8 for a couple a days now and everything is fine and dandy.

Guest anotherjib

This is a general question, I probably have to post it somewhere else, but then maybe there is something specific to this slimkat, so...

When flashing an update (I've just downloaded build 4.9), do I also have to reflash the kernel? (I have chil360 kernel v0.35)

Also, do i have to reflash gapps?

Guest domenico76

Thank you guys, I wonder  if  moving to 4.4.2 gives a benefit in terms of performances in daily usage with respect to 4.1.1?

Free Memory? Antutu score (71... already on B199 Essential), compatibility? Battery?

Ciao!

Edited by domenico76

Guest tarinka

This is a general question, I probably have to post it somewhere else, but then maybe there is something specific to this slimkat, so...

When flashing an update (I've just downloaded build 4.9), do I also have to reflash the kernel? (I have chil360 kernel v0.35)

Also, do i have to reflash gapps? 

When flashing dirty update you must to wipe dalvik and cache, no you don't flash kernel, latest kernel is in update already and only flash latest gapps because not included in rom

Guest anotherjib

When flashing dirty update you must to wipe dalvik and cache, no you don't flash kernel, latest kernel is in update already and only flash latest gapps because not included in rom

Thanks

4.9 seems to have some problems with me :)

When I started updating apps on playstore after flashing, I got spontaneous reboots until I disabled hola

I am not 100% sure but the fact is I only was able to continue playstore updates with hola off

This did not happen with 4.8, hola worked there without problems

Guest anotherjib

4.9 is absolutely perfect rom. Smooth, good antutu score (7637 for y300 device).

Thanks for this great ROM.

On my y300 antutu shows 7777

However as I said above, seemingly hola gives it restarts when on playstore

Guest domenico76

Hi,

As all custom ROMs have device-specific bugs (meaning that some bugs on a G-510 can occur that do not occur on another G510...) it is difficult to tell if the ROM is stable for you. Speaking for me, I really like the ROM for daily use. I do not have any battery leak (though, as I said before, I do not use all components of the hardware (GPS, bluetooth,...)). I experience some random reboots from time to time (one random reboot in a day or every other day).

Compared to stock-based ROMs (as Essential B199 is), other custom ROMs have commonly a worse battery life and are sometimes not as stable (random reboots, force close of apps,...). I haven't tried Essential B199, though.

Thank You for the reply,

Essential B199 , as for a couple of days usage, is B199 without Huawei launcher replaced by Nova and few useful cumstomization like

SD by default as primary partition / TWRP update by Goomanager working... so it's a pre step to something  more aggressive like a SlimKat :-)

Sure is stable, no reboot , no bugs at a first glanvce, but it's is not 4.4.2 but simply 4.1.1

I wanted to understand wheter is worth or not moving to 4.4.2 for our Y300.

Bye