[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest khasscorpio

After installing my phone isnot recognized on any PC, usb connection doesnt pop up. tried enabling usb connection from storage, checking unchecking of android debugging but all goes in vain. please help whats the problem is.

After installing my phone isnot recognized on any PC, usb connection doesnt pop up. tried enabling usb connection from storage, checking unchecking of android debugging but all goes in vain. please help whats the problem is.

AFAIK, the default setting on KitKat is mtp. Have you tried mass storage?

Guest LotR656

Just pull down status bar and change to mass storage and then pull down again and choose "Touch to copy data..." (something like that). New window will appear and press turn on.

Guest Hanzome

anyone tried 7.2?? .. well my 7.0 .. works like charm .. i dont know why .. but after few reboot my .. past problems is now fixed .. hahaha .. will stick here first at  7.0 .. please post if someone tried 7.2

Guest ivanepo

First of all, guys, and esp. dev ofcourse, I just wanted to say thank you for a wonderfull ROM. I mean, sure it's not perfect, but after a day of using (no, overusing, torturing :-D) my phone, this seems like a very stable KK ROM, and I'm sure that's not an easy thing to achive.

I'm on 7.0, no problems or issues, except minor ones that are already mentioned here and are workaroundable, more or less.

Looking forward to future releases and I am once again very glad I own Y300. :-)

Btw, if I decide to migrate to 7.2, do I have to wipe everything before flashing it, or just cache/dalvik? Sorry for the noob question, I'm new.

Guest LotR656

Btw, if I decide to migrate to 7.2, do I have to wipe everything before flashing it, or just cache/dalvik? Sorry for the noob question, I'm new.

After flashing wipe dalvik and cache.

But you also can wipe before and after flashing.

Guest ivanepo

After flashing wipe dalvik and cache.

But you also can wipe before and after flashing.

Thank you, hvala. :-)

I thought so, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I flashed a file that a member posted here 1st (to keep all my link2sd settings) then the rom and after than wipe dalvik and cache and reboot, after that I went to settings to enable developer option and enable SU, once that is done, I update SU app by clicking normal and reboot.  Once that is done, I disable developer options and everything is fine.

7.2 so far so good.   I agree with the other poster 6.6 is better than 6.8-7.0

Youtube working fine.

Edited by apvm

Guest LotR656

I flashed a file that a member posted here 1st (to keep all my link2sd settings) then the rom and after than wipe dalvik and cache and reboot, after that I went to settings to enable developer option and enable SU, once that is done, I update SU app by clicking normal and reboot. Once that is done, I disable developer options and everything is fine.

7.2 so far so good. I agree with the other poster 6.6 is better than 6.8-7.0

Youtube working fine.

If you flash newest version over old and wipe cache and dalvik, all your data will be saved. Only things that will change will be kernel (if you flash other) and other .zip files.

Guest LotR656

If I don't flash that file 1st, I'll have to reinstall all my apps since they are linked to 2ne partition of the SD using Link2sd

On which post number is that .zip file?

Guest wbrambley

The zip file is on Post #2402

You only have to flash it once, unless you format the /system partition it should persist through dirty updates.

Guest chil360

For those of you with video problems (e.g. Facebook, Youtube) there's something I would like you to try...

A while ago I added some features from Caestel's kernel including custom memory configurations to increase the available free RAM. I have just uploaded a build of my latest kernel returning to the stock memory configuration - chil360-kernel-v0.49-STOCKMEM.zip.

Please can you flash this kernel and see if it solves any of the video issues you have been reporting.

Guest fonz93

I think it won't (about the reboot with video and facebook app), as it's a problem present with stock dazzozo's kernel and cm11, too

Edited by fonz93

Guest ::ALEX::

I tried with your video tutorial, and everything goes fine..

now I am on CM11 (4.4.4)..

Many Thanks...

Suggestion: 1)Guys if your dc unlocker don't detect your phone, it will give a link to download a driver from dc site, download that driver --> install--> reboot pc and everything will work fine.

2) Developer you can make a cleaner tutorial, because this one confuses some time. may be i will try to make and i will post here.. :)

Guest POmniac

For those of you with video problems (e.g. Facebook, Youtube) there's something I would like you to try...

A while ago I added some features from Caestel's kernel including custom memory configurations to increase the available free RAM. I have just uploaded a build of my latest kernel returning to the stock memory configuration - chil360-kernel-v0.49-STOCKMEM.zip.

Please can you flash this kernel and see if it solves any of the video issues you have been reporting.

I am very happy with yours 7.2 SlimKat rom and with this kernel. Everything what i use work fine: YouTube, Skype, CandyCrush. Thanks for your great work, i will use your rom for a long time.

Guest Domino2115

A while ago I added some features from Caestel's kernel including custom memory configurations to increase the available free RAM. I have just uploaded a build of my latest kernel returning to the stock memory configuration - chil360-kernel-v0.49-STOCKMEM.zip.

Great rom but playing video on facebook still causing reboot