[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest LotR656

Just wondering if I have 7.0.2 installed then to update to the new version, how would I go about it? Would I need to wipe everything and install like new (in which case probably not worth it) or can I keep my data/settings?

I suggest you to flash 7.4 and wait for bigger changes to come. You dont need to flash them every 7 days.

But if you want, wipe dalvik and cache, flash rom and wipe dalvik and cache again. Reboot and you are done.

Guys, these are just general statements. Most battery drain has a cause, you need to install something like BetterBatteryStats then post logs on that app's official thread over on XDA. The guys on there are really helpful at pinpointing causes.

I Greenify everything non-essential (i.e. things that don't sync etc.) and battery life is pretty respectable, if a little shorter than stock.

Short story, long story, I am on SlimCat from v4 on-wards and, this is one of the battery less friendly versions. And don't bring Better Battery Stats cause app wakelocks are not the guilty part (neither Alarms), what you can see from CPU Sleep time. Greenify in not a solution for battery leak if there are no app wakelocks (Facebook, ....).

Guest andrea2107

Short story, long story, I am on SlimCat from v4 on-wards and, this is one of the battery less friendly versions. And don't bring Better Battery Stats cause app wakelocks are not the guilty part (neither Alarms), what you can see from CPU Sleep time. Greenify in not a solution for battery leak if there are no app wakelocks (Facebook, ....).

Slimdog

Guest herrdeh

Hi everybody,

could anybody successfully send files via bluetooth from y300/slimkat to a ubuntu 12 or 14 computer?

Here, sending files from computer to phone works nice, but the other way round fails. An ugly workaround is first to send a large file from computer to phone, and while the transfer is on the way, send files from phone to computer.

Bluetooth is an issue on ubuntu 12 and still 14 - so I'm not sure where the problem actually is.

Yours,

Wolf

Guest Karakura Red

Is there or will there maybe be a way to add quick settings toggles to the notification screen like in older Android versions? I tried CM11 because of that, but it seems worse performancewise on my phone, so I'd like to switch back to Slim. I just don't like that separation of notifications and quick settings.

It looks like there are some more German members in this forum, and I hope some of them might use the Deutsche Telekom "Mobilbox Pro" app:

Recently I had received an Mobilbox Pro update to  V. 3.0.0.0_2, and since then I am not able to play voice messages. I can receive new messages, move them into archive and whatever, but if I press the "play" button in the app, it just hangs, and nothing happens.

The Mobilbox Pro version I had used before (Version number =???) had worked properly, so I would like to know if there are other mebers who encoutered this problem too.

Is there any source where you could download former version sof mobilbox pro?

Maybe there is another app which I could use instead of mobilbox pro?

Guest Domstadt

How about a reinstall of the app? Have you already tried it?

Otherwise search on google for "Mobilbox Pro apk", you should find some older versions without a problem. 

Getting random reboot when screen unlock.  It happens with 6.8, 7.0 seems to be gone with 7.2 but came back with 7.4.  6.6 seems to be most stable, 7.2 is good too.

Edited by apvm

This doesn't make any sense. Lots of people blaming "battery drain" with nothing else to qualify was what prompted my original statement. Unless you're willing to find a cause other than just "my battery drains faster" and then get aggressive, nobody will help you.

And it's SlimKat you t**t.

Guest Charrua155

Flashed 7.4 yesterday with the kernel mentioned some posts ago. Also flashed SuperSU update. No issues, managed to update SuperSU and assign root privileges (which had been a problem the last time). Tested Skype video call. Reboot. Installed Kernel Tweaker, set governor to interactive, Sype video call worked.

I'm not seeing anything dramatic in battery, but I haven't given it a normal day usage yet. Disabled all synch except Gmal from Google Account, disabled "search for wifi networks while wifi is off" (probably the most perplexing feature I've ever seen). I'm staying with Slimkat for now.

Guest lomax84

tried to flash v 7.2, but i got twrp error (it simply says "failed").

Downladed the zip again, but i got the same result.

kernel is included in rom zip file, or i have to flash it separately?

finally i had to flash cm10 (succesful!) to make my phone boot again.

any ideas?

Guest porozex

tried to flash v 7.2, but i got twrp error (it simply says "failed").

Downladed the zip again, but i got the same result.

kernel is included in rom zip file, or i have to flash it separately?

finally i had to flash cm10 (succesful!) to make my phone boot again.

any ideas?

wich version of twrp do u use? always use the latest one

Guest Domstadt

My battery life yesterday and today is amazing!

Right now I got 40% left, while it is runnig 1d 1h 29m with screen on time of 3,5h.

(7.2 build)

Edited by Domstadt

Guest lomax84

wich version of twrp do u use? always use the latest one

Dunno which versione i have. I have flashed it from a package found in a unlocking bootloader guide.

how can i check if it's up to date, and eventually how can i flash the latest version?

I would like to try slimkat

Edited by lomax84