[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

There are a lot of random reboots when i use the facebook app, especially when i see videos, i don't believe that is an app problem because with cm10.1 there aren't any random reboots, especially on facebook.

There are a lot of random reboots when i use the facebook app, especially when i see videos, i don't believe that is an app problem because with cm10.1 there aren't any random reboots, especially on facebook.

That's a known KitKat bug, the easiest solution is to disable the automatic playing of videos in the Facebook app.

Guest milanso

The back button doesnt work on my g510 after I updated to 8.8 (dirty flash from 8.6). It lights up but doesn't work...

Weird.

Edit: False alarm. After several reboots it's working again...

Edited by milanso

OK, I've found SlimOTA in SlimCentre because it keeps telling me to download the update, how do I do it though? The red download icon is just an image and the download text is a chrome link which just downloads the zip file. How do I make the SlimOTA actually download and install the update for me, like stock updater?

Edited by Benfll

I am facing an issue with the dialer. When I run the phone app and click on the dialer icon a new window opens but there is no dialer, the window is mostly blank/black, just at the bottom there are icons in the lower bar.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I am facing an issue with the dialer. When I run the phone app and click on the dialer icon a new window opens but there is no dialer, the window is mostly blank/black, just at the bottom there are icons in the lower bar.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

So the dialpad is actualy there but it is too low, only few milimiters out of it are displayed above the lower bar.

Guest webmariner87

I flashed 8.8 and seems that the gps problem is resolved. I've to do some other tests.

But i've still a problem. A couple of apps (SolCalendar and AccuWeather) stops to run in the firsts seconds i open them, and appear the windows that says "this apps crashed abnormally. send a report?" 
The strange fact is that this problem appear after hours/days from the installation and there is no way to fix it. The only solution is to wipe all and reflash.

I have been using all Slimkat ROMs since 8.2 without mayor issues, but after I had installed 8.8 yesterday, my google account did not log in and google play would not work anymore.

Installling it a second time
plus
deleting and reconfiguring the google account
plus
deleting the data of several goggle related apps/system apps

did not help. So far I had to step back to my 8.6 backup.

Is there any difference between 8.8 and former ROMs which could cause such a problem? What could I do to avoid/solve this problem?

Guest Synthesizer

I can't flash this rom since I use slimbean 4.3 (my current ROM). I've installed version 8.6 before and everything is ok. The problem is when I flash this rom (slimkat all version) and than rebooting system, it will going back into recovery mode. I've used both TRWP and CWM lastest version And face the same problem. How's the solution? Please.. Help and so sorry with my English.

Guest Charrua155

Flashed 8.8 (dirty flash) yesterday. I had to reboot to be able to play music, but after that everything seemed to work well.

It seems smoother (gained a few points on Antutu, too).

Synthesizer: have you tried downloading the rom again?

Guest spikypotato

Couple of days ago I've re-flashed (full wipe) the 8.8, now Location can be turned on as it should be.

Hmmm... maybe it's the Hotspot Shield that caused the problem. 

Guest Synthesizer

Synthesizer: have you tried downloading the rom again?

Case solved. The problem is on my sdcard. I bought a new one and everything is running smoothly. Thank you :D