[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest Charrua155

Yesterday I tested Skype video calls in my Y300 and it worked.

I have governor set to interactive and took care to clean apps cache before the test though.

Guest Charrua155

Tested Skype voice calls a few minutes ago. Same setting (governor interactive, app cache cleared) and it worked.

Poor audio quality (I heard perfectly, but the other person couldn't hear me well), but it worked, mostly.

Guest webmariner87

I noticed that skype works quite only if i receive the call. If i try to call, 99% times the system crashes.

However, do you know how to have high resolution pictures for the contacts? Them are always loaded with really low resolution, but i know that this issue was solved after jellybean.

I had never tried AOSP MOD by H3ROS.. after trying it.. i found an incredible stability on my phone.. with slimkat i had many crashes and random reboots, AOSP is very fast, is 4.1.1 but i really recommend this rom at all ;)

Edited by skezn

Guest Charrua155

Webmariner87, have you tried setting the governor to interactive and clearing the apps cache (home button long push, etc) ?

I just finished calling my granddaughter via Skype and it worked like a charm.

Guest webmariner87

I tried in the past. I will do some new tests.

Just a question: when i change the governor with kernel tweaker, have i to put the "v"on the right? Which's the difference with ot without it?

Guest RichardJH

I have been using all Slimkat ROMs since 8.2 without mayor issues, but after I had installed 8.8 yesterday, my google account did not log in and google play would not work anymore.

Installling it a second time

plus

deleting and reconfiguring the google account

plus

deleting the data of several goggle related apps/system apps

did not help. So far I had to step back to my 8.6 backup.

Is there any difference between 8.8 and former ROMs which could cause such a problem? What could I do to avoid/solve this problem?

Have a very similar problem. Was running 8.2 OK tried update to 8.8 (both dirty flash and a full reset) but get Google Play Services error. tried installing 8.6 but same problem. Have had to go back to my 8.2 backup. Any help please.

Have a very similar problem. Was running 8.2 OK tried update to 8.8 (both dirty flash and a full reset) but get Google Play Services error. tried installing 8.6 but same problem. Have had to go back to my 8.2 backup. Any help please.

After reading your posting I gave it another try:

I was able to solve my Google problems now by downloading and installing new Google Play Services.

"com.google.android.gms-6.1.11-1474901-038.apk" works fine now.  :) 

Guest RichardJH

I was able to solve my Google problems now by downloading and installing new Google Play Services.

Flash other/newer GApps ;)

Flashed another GApps and all is well. Thanks for help

Guest anotherjib

That's strange - mine says it's 6.1.83 (1522025-030)

Guest webmariner87

Damn, gps isn't working good. This morning i've tried it with runtastic. It find the position, but it's stuck in the same point. It doesn't update. =///
When the 9.0 will be released?

That's strange - mine says it's 6.1.83 (1522025-030)

I first tried to install 6.1.83-1522025-030, but it failed, so i installed 6.1.11-1474901-038, and it worked. Meanwhile I found "com.google.android.gms-6.1.83_(1522025-038)-6183038-minAPI9.apk" on APKMirror.com, and it works fine too.

Maybe "-030" apks dont fit for my phone?

Google Play Music and Facebook video random reboots are kernel related, take a look here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/367021-kk-444-cyanogenmod-110-rom-all-nightly-builds-available/?p=2237048

This bug is present on stock Dazzozo's kernel too, so i think it's a problem present since the last year when we got CM10.2 (Google Play Music doesn't work since that date)

Using moddingg33k's repacked kernel for CM11 (currently i tested with 19-08 version, i asked for a newer version to see if it is still working), fixes all random reboots with these apps.

Edited by fonz93

Guest chobot1976

Hi, my problem with the ROM after reboot every time shows the navigation bar. I have it in settings disabled. I use GravityBox and there is also disabled. Sometimes they not log in to the mobile network. Any idea?

To day I make clean install with wipe all.

Edited by chobot1976

Guest Jairus1998

Hi, my problem with the ROM after reboot every time shows the navigation bar. I have it in settings disabled. I use GravityBox and there is also disabled. Sometimes they not log in to the mobile network. Any idea?

Try removing GravityBox. I dont use and got no effect, maybe the GravityBox cause it.

Guest Alduin Acatosh

How does the OTA function? It reports me that there is update but all I get is to download the same ROM from this thread not OTA? Should I just delete system while flashing?

There is just red button that I cannot click on?

P.S I get random restart while plugging my USB. Suddenly it does not offer me any options for mass media storage and my new PC does not recognize phone at all?

Edited by Alduin Acatosh

How does the OTA function? It reports me that there is update but all I get is to download the same ROM from this thread not OTA? Should I just delete system while flashing?

There is just red button that I cannot click on?

P.S I get random restart while plugging my USB. Suddenly it does not offer me any options for mass media storage and my new PC does not recognize phone at all?

See here for how OTA works. http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/installation Read from section two onwards.  :)

Guest LotR656

Hi, my problem with the ROM after reboot every time shows the navigation bar. I have it in settings disabled. I use GravityBox and there is also disabled. Sometimes they not log in to the mobile network. Any idea?

GravityBox cause that problem. I dont know how to fix it, but in phone settings (I think Navigation section) has option for Nav Bar so disable it there and it should disappear.

Guest anotherjib

It crashes a lot of times with this last build. Ruzzle always crashes. Bad work

You mean 8.9? It is fine so far with me. There were some reboots with 8.8 though