[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest nonobio

Thanks for your reply.

I don't need phone functions (i don't have sim in it), i just want the stablest and fastest rom for use it mainly as audio player and for some littles google search, and others littles apps like caculate, etc. (it is used by my 6-7 years old childrens).

I don't care of android version and i will install my own apps like nova launcher and xposed. If you have some recommandations.

Guest adeii

You have found right ROM! KitKat/4.4.4 is the fastest, according to my experience from 4.1.2 to 6.0.1. So flash the latest SlimKat 9.0 legacy rom from 29.12.2014. and enjoy.

Guest nonobio
17 minutes ago, adeii said:

So flash the latest SlimKat 9.0 legacy rom from 29.12.2014. and enjoy.

Not "[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]" ?

I don't care of android version and i will install my own apps like nova launcher and xposed. If you have some recommandations.

I'm actually on AOSP MOD with Android 4.1.1 and i've been surpised to not be able to install some apps. Maybe a more recent android version (than 4.1.1) is important...

Guest adeii

Yapp! 9.0 Legacy is excellent, 9.1 CAF are slowed down and have problems with camera. Well, 4.1.1 is API level 16, 4.3.x is API 18, most of apps for Jelly Bean (16-18) will work on Kitkat/4.4.x (API 19) which is almost 3 years old. Or find older version on App Mirror site, where every app got minimal and target android version requirements.

Guest telopido

So would you please @adeii link us the best Slimkat version and post the tweaks/settings to use it with the same stability and bug freedom of CM10.1 by fonz93 ? I would like to use it on my y300 as daily use ROM.

Guest ascendedandroid

Hey everyone, my first post so please forgive any stupidness on my part :)

I downloaded legacy slimkat for my Ascend Y300 then wiped everything from my phone and cleared all caches (including davlik), I even formatted my micro SD card to ensure absolutely everything is clean. I then installed legacy slimkat build.9.0.20141229 without any google crapps or any other addons, however on rebooting the Android setup screen displays a error saying the android keyboard has stopped working. Is there a fix I'm missing for this?

My Y300 is also using CWM 6.0.4.5 if that makes a difference.

Edited by ascendedandroid

Guest evkol

I've flashed Slim-u8833-4.4.4.build.9.0.20141229-CHIL360.zip but it looks like there is no app to manage superuser permissions. Is it normal?

Guest ascendedandroid

A update for anyone curious, I have cleared all caches including dalvlik for each of the following slim versions when flashing them and the android keyboard is fine on the following versions;

Slim-u8833-4.4.4.build.8.20.20141209-CHIL360

Slim-u8833-4.4.4.build.8.4.20141008-CHIL360

Slim-u8833-4.4.4.build.8.6.20141014-CHIL360

Slim-u8833-4.4.4.build.8.8.20141021-CHIL360

Its just 8.9 and 9.0 the android keyboard is screwed.

Guest nonobio
On 21/04/2016 at 1:11 PM, adeii said:

Yapp! 9.0 Legacy is excellent, 9.1 CAF are slowed down and have problems with camera. Well, 4.1.1 is API level 16, 4.3.x is API 18, most of apps for Jelly Bean (16-18) will work on Kitkat/4.4.x (API 19) which is almost 3 years old. Or find older version on App Mirror site, where every app got minimal and target android version requirements.

Thanks for these explanations. I will continue for some time with AOSP Mod (i only have two not important apps which ca't be installed) but if i want o flash again, i will take a look at Slimkat 9 :)

Guest Patrick94
On 4/21/2016 at 1:11 PM, adeii said:

What's the performance difference between The latest legacy version and CAF? I've been doing some light gaming lately and I've noticed that games are a bit slow, and sometimes crash. Would it be worth it flashing the Legacy version instead?

Guest adeii
20 hours ago, Patrick94 said:

What's the performance difference between The latest legacy version and CAF? I've been doing some light gaming lately and I've noticed that games are a bit slow, and sometimes crash. Would it be worth it flashing the Legacy version instead?

Well, i have not remember that. But everything was laggy and most of camera apps are not working (camera can not be open).

Guest adeii
On 23.4.2016. at 11:41 AM, telopido said:

So would you please @adeii link us the best Slimkat version and post the tweaks/settings to use it with the same stability and bug freedom of CM10.1 by fonz93 ? I would like to use it on my y300 as daily use ROM.

This one at: http://d-h.st/4Su3

About settings, make you developer: go to Settings > About phone>  Version build slim_u8833-... (tap 7 times);

Root access: Apps and ADB; Window Animation ScaleTransition Animation ScaleAnimator Duration Scale: off; Force GPU rendering: checked;

Well, I don't use GApps any more, I'm using microG      http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-microg-gmscore-floss-play-services-t3217616 

+ Xposed modul FakeGApps      http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.thermatk.android.xf.fakegapps

+ LuckyPatcher to install modded Google Play store app, block Google Ads servis, patch host file for ads, "Patch android" for all verification and "misuses" etc. http://lucky-patcher.netbew.com/

Or just use OpenApps (ARM / 4.4 / Pico) http://opengapps.org/   

Guest adeii
On 23.4.2016. at 7:14 PM, evkol said:

I've flashed Slim-u8833-4.4.4.build.9.0.20141229-CHIL360.zip but it looks like there is no app to manage superuser permissions. Is it normal?

SU is integrated in Settings, at the bottom, not as separated app.

Screenshot_2016-04-27-10-55-07.png

Guest telopido
On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 8:48 AM, adeii said:

This one at: http://d-h.st/4Su3

About settings, make you developer: go to Settings > About phone>  Version build slim_u8833-... (tap 7 times);

Root access: Apps and ADB; Window Animation ScaleTransition Animation ScaleAnimator Duration Scale: off; Force GPU rendering: checked;

Well, I don't use GApps any more, I'm using microG      http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-microg-gmscore-floss-play-services-t3217616 

+ Xposed modul FakeGApps      http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.thermatk.android.xf.fakegapps

+ LuckyPatcher to install modded Google Play store app, block Google Ads servis, patch host file for ads, "Patch android" for all verification and "misuses" etc. http://lucky-patcher.netbew.com/

Or just use OpenApps (ARM / 4.4 / Pico) http://opengapps.org/   

So you guarantee me following this steps I will have:

1-Full Hardware Acceleration

2-No random reboots ,especially when sending files and when connecting the phone as mass storage via usb

3-More free RAM and battery life than in CM10.1 by fonz93

Moreover: do you use a different kernel than the original one in the Slimkat build you suggest in this post?

Do you use a particular I/O scheduler and/or CPU governor?

Does ART work? If yes,does it affect the performance and stability of the phone?

Guest evkol
On 27/4/2016 at 10:59 AM, adeii said:

SU is integrated in Settings, at the bottom, not as separated app.

Screenshot_2016-04-27-10-55-07.png

Thanks, I first had to enable Root access from Developer options.

Guest evkol
On 30/4/2016 at 0:07 PM, telopido said:

2-No random reboots ,especially when sending files and when connecting the phone as mass storage via usb

Moreover: do you use a different kernel than the original one in the Slimkat build you suggest in this post?

Does ART work? If yes,does it affect the performance and stability of the phone?

I'm using that version, I'm not experiencing random reboots, HW Acceleration works (at least in MX Player, keep in mind that it also depends on the video being played) and I have more ram compared to AOSP MOD rom (I haven't tested CM10.1 by fonz93).

Guest adeii
On 30.4.2016. at 0:07 PM, telopido said:

1-i think so, 2-no reboots even when sending from phone to pc or uploading, 3-more RAM yes, battery life lightly better.

4-original chil360 kernel,

5-I prefer "hyper" governor (from 245mhz to 1ghz) and "bfq" or "zen" scheduler (sd read cache 2048 bytes), OutOfMem (light-32mb, no fsync), trim all partition on boot, 128MB swap on /cache partition.

6-IMHO ART are not fully supported on KitKat, so sometimes is unstable and don't need to use it, stay at dalvik.

• 1 month later...
Guest peyotitot
On 21/04/2016 at 1:11 PM, adeii said:

I have exactly the same problem with all versions , no one has an idea how to solve this problem ?

Guest adeii
On 21. jun 2016. at 7:12 PM, peyotitot said:

I have exactly the same problem with all versions , no one has an idea how to solve this problem ?

But even newest Nova Launcher (may 2016) should work on JellyBean (API16). Something else is problem, maybe Force hardware rendering for 2D (see it in Settings>Developer mode)

Guest peyotitot
On 23/06/2016 at 2:59 PM, adeii said:

But even newest Nova Launcher (may 2016) should work on JellyBean (API16). Something else is problem, maybe Force hardware rendering for 2D (see it in Settings>Developer mode)

thank you I have activated this function, and still the same problem . 
The solution I found is to install the google keyboard with the apk after, and desactivate AOSP keyboard. 

And, I reboot daily. You confirm me with you everything is stable ? what are 
your settings ?
Edited by peyotitot

Guest adeii

Well, mine Y300 is stable, no need to reboot it... but I use SmartLauncher and ThumbKeyboard. SlimLauncher and AOSP keyboard are uninstalled :) Maybe you are lack of memory in /system or /data ? 

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, idoit said:

Hey all, For Y300, is it possible to overclock to more than 1046.7 MHz?

I don't think so. Maybe in kernel config, outside of it or by third-party software not.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gintoki98

@adeii
I installed this ROM according to your instructons, and I must say I really like it. It opens things faster, Hangouts works much better. But here's the problem, Whatsapp doesn't work. I can get it to function as messenger, but when it comes to calls, it doesn't post *beeps* or any sounds at all. It just gets stuck on connecting. Do you have any resolution to this problem, and is it just me, or you face it to? By the way, I'm using Gapps, and i had some problems with latest releases. It optimized every app on every boot. So I just flashed an older release, and it worked like a beast.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Gintoki98

• 3 weeks later...
Guest boltspectrum

i am trying this room, it has been very stable

some lags in lock screen but now i am using the lock screen of the launcher 

i am happy with this room XD

---------------------

Snapchat 9.40 the version of this week works good in this room