chil360

[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

4,862 posts in this topic

Hello, can i use themes / xposed somehow ? i heard about HKthememanager/xthemeengine. But i can't install xposed on this ROM / Y300. xposed installer says it's not available for this type of architecture.
I'd like to have xposed anyway. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kiai72 said:

Hello, can i use themes / xposed somehow ? i heard about HKthememanager/xthemeengine. But i can't install xposed on this ROM / Y300. xposed installer says it's not available for this type of architecture.
I'd like to have xposed anyway. 

Hello, solved: i downgraded to SK 9.0 (instead of 9.1) - but i assume that's not relevant.
But i also downgraded to xposed 2.6.1 instead of 2.7. Now it works! I assume it's xposed 2.7 that caused the problem. - it's in "experimental" state until now.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kiai72 said:

Hello, solved: i downgraded to SK 9.0 (instead of 9.1) - but i assume that's not relevant.
But i also downgraded to xposed 2.6.1 instead of 2.7. Now it works! I assume it's xposed 2.7 that caused the problem. - it's in "experimental" state until now.

Yes, you are right. Xposed 2.7 don't work on SK, but 2.6.1 works very well. Should works on SK 9.1 CAF, also. Did you wipe cache and dalvik-cache after flashing sdk19 libraries?
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some experiments with SlimKat 9.1 -> mega.nz

 

- Original device tree by chil360, with zRAM from 48MB to 128MB

- SlimRoms sourcecode for branch kk4.4-caf, with updated AOSP branch from android-4.4.4_r2 to android-4.4.4_r2.0.1

- added apps Kernel Adiutor, Total cmd, Xposed installer (sdk19, working)

 

1 - built SlimKat 9.1 CAF with display-legacy project: flash done, booting do something, but blackscreen.

2 - overwrite build with display-caf project files (/libs/... and /libs/hw/...): display works, ROM is just fine!

3 - add 160MB swap file with apps2sd + 128MB zRAM, ROM are not laggy! Hardware works fine, just no HW+ decoder in MX player, HW and SW decoder work.

4 - Flash ROM and than flash OpenGapps, wipe cache and dalvik-cache, reboot, ROM have lagging!

5 - Flash ROM and than flash microG (vanila installer), wipe both, reboot, ROM have minimal lag.

6 - Flash ROM with integrated, odexed OGapps, reboot, ROM have minimal lag - Yes! Bingo!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 - Overclocked CPU kernel does not work on Y300 (u8833), but it should work on G510 (u8951), if not, flash u8833 kernel or non-OC kernel, with zRAM128.

8 - Since SK9.1 use chil360's kernel branch lp5.1, the same used in SlimLP by chil360, it is nice, it has intelliplug :)

9 - OK, lets try newer kernel: kernel branch mm6.0, used in Slim6 by chil360, alright let's repack boot.img;

SlimKat 9.1 boots with Slim6 kernel zImage, RIL works, WiFi works, Camera DO NOT WORK and major problem:

both internal and external SD can not be mounted after many trying (slim6 vold, vld, setting, mount, remount...).

Although you can manually mount 2nd SD partition (ext3/ext4), ROM with Slim6 kernel is useless.

10 - So, test SlimKat 9.1 with OGapps, it is good, fast rom. I had test games like Make Hexa, Dead Ringer - Fear Yourself and they work fine!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

https://mega.nz/#F!cpIDyAya!zmiVZYEANW7ghPCZyEYRcQ If blackscreen is caused by proximity sensor trough and after call, add line "gsm.proximity.enable=false" to build.prop and use xposed module Disable Sensor! Leave Acceleration and Light sensor, disable only Proximity! No turn off screen during call and after!

UPDATE: No blackscreen for 2 weeks!

Edited by adeii
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@adeii

In your opinion, is legacy better, or this modified CAF for daily use, games, and performance? (MicroG)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gintoki98 said:

@adeii

In your opinion, is legacy better, or this modified CAF for daily use, games, and performance? (MicroG)

This mod.CAF should be better for games, performance should be same.

For daily use, legacy is better (CAF have problem uploading files via wifi)
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@adeii
Thanks for answer.
Is that problem related to stability (wifi uploading stops in middle of it) or it has limited speed? I'm fine with 1Mb/s, if it can pull that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gintoki98 said:

@adeii
Thanks for answer.
Is that problem related to stability (wifi uploading stops in middle of it) or it has limited speed? I'm fine with 1Mb/s, if it can pull that.

not stop, wifi uploading RESTART phone.

adb via wifi and fb lite can upload files and do not reset phone.

do not need to use microG, try build with integrated OpenGapps pico (and zRAM 128MB). if use G510 build, also download Y300 kernel (128MB zRAM) maybe overclocking is not working and can not boot.
 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@adeii

Tried both MicroG and OGapps. Basicly feels the same, although I would suggest older version of Hangouts, runs better.
Also, uploading works on it too. Thanks for suggesting Gapps build, it's clear winner. This is suitable change for legacy for me, no more boxes in browser - rejoice!

No blackscreen related to idle state or anything, just due to some heavyworkload for a couble of sec. The only thing thats bothering me is that i'm not able to enable swap, even though it has different priority. Am i missing something simple here?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gintoki98 said:

@adeii

Tried both MicroG and OGapps. Basicly feels the same, although I would suggest older version of Hangouts, runs better.
Also, uploading works on it too. Thanks for suggesting Gapps build, it's clear winner. This is suitable change for legacy for me, no more boxes in browser - rejoice!

No blackscreen related to idle state or anything, just due to some heavyworkload for a couble of sec. The only thing thats bothering me is that i'm not able to enable swap, even though it has different priority. Am i missing something simple here?

Good to know that! Do you have blackscreen after phone calls?!

Maybe this init.d script(s) enable swap for you: 150mbSWAPonCache.zip (wipe /cache and flash zip)  Swap-cust-60MB.zip (caution: for 60MB swap in /cust, must wipe /cust and lose operator custom files logo,rings,etc!!!) 
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2016. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.