[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

I've upstreamed the driver for /dev/random to current mainline and did some tests:

time head -c 10m /dev/urandom > /dev/null
    0m6.52s real     0m0.17s user     0m6.24s system

time head -c 10m /dev/erandom > /dev/null
    0m0.52s real     0m0.31s user     0m0.20s system

time head -c 10m /dev/random > /dev/null
    (#ERROR: didn't get any results)

time head -c 10m /dev/frandom > /dev/null
    0m0.55s real     0m0.30s user     0m0.24s system

Guest chil360

I get similar results with those commands - frandom/erandom is definitely faster. So why did Antutu benchmark slower with the init script??

Wbrambly, thanks for the file, it works.   I flashed your file and then 6.6 update and then wipe cache, all my apps are there and still linked to 2nd partition with link2sd.

Guest hackepeter

Thank you very much for this good rom. I'm using it since version 5.

But since the last version, when I tap on Settings/Interface/Notification & QS drawer "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" appear.

Guest markoprogramer

Thank you very much for this good rom. I'm using it since version 5.

But since the last version, when I tap on Settings/Interface/Notification & QS drawer "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" appear.

It is not the rom issue. Work's fine on my phone. Try clean install.

Guest Ranx91

Something weird happened with this rom; i wanted to unlock the phone,so i pressed the unlock button...but nothing happened!!!!! i had to remove the battery and reboot the phone.

i'm using slimkat 6.6 (to install it i wiped everything!!) with minimum cpufreq set to 245 mhz ,ondemand,deadline!

this only happened once,before and after this problem/bug,the phone goes like a charm!!!

Edited by Ranx91

Guest donallen

Hi all

been running slimkat for a while now - no problems - great rom chil360 :)

however since I have tried to load 6.4 and also 6.6 - I boot into recovery, do the necessary and try and install rom, it starts ok but the screen then goes blank (the hardware keys are still lit), and nothing happens, eventually I pull the battery 

anyone else have this issue?

Guest tarinka

From version 6.2 i have problem with charging, because stop on 90-93%, on version 6 don't have that problem. Everything else is ok. How to resolve that ?

Edited by tarinka

Guest wbrambley

Hi all

been running slimkat for a while now - no problems - great rom chil360 :)

however since I have tried to load 6.4 and also 6.6 - I boot into recovery, do the necessary and try and install rom, it starts ok but the screen then goes blank (the hardware keys are still lit), and nothing happens, eventually I pull the battery

anyone else have this issue?

Hi, what version of TWRP are you on, do you have the same problem on 2.6.3.3?

Guest anotherjib

Hi, what version of TWRP are you on, do you have the same problem on 2.6.3.3?

No problems with 6.6 at the latest twrp (2.7.1.0)

Guest wbrambley

No problems with 6.6 at the latest twrp (2.7.1.0)

I don't use it as it doesn't back up the SD-ext partition on my SD card. Have thou tried the fix permission function?

Last time I tried that on 2.7 I got the black screen and had to battery pull.

Guest anotherjib

That problem is fixed in 2.7.1.0

Actually I never tried it. In what circumstances would I need to fix permissions through recovery? Several apps do it if needed, and I don't even know what is it for.

Guest wbrambley

Actually I never tried it. In what circumstances would I need to fix permissions through recovery? Several apps do it if needed, and I don't even know what is it for.

Depends how much you tinker under the hood, I have needed to use it to get out of boot loop several times.