MMM³ - MoDaCo Mod for MOJO now available

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

We're prepping our review of the MadCatz MOJO review (details / buy), but the tweaks have already started flowing. :)

The MoDaCo Mod for MOJO, which adds root and increased Play Store app availability to the MadCatz MOJO, is now available!

The mod takes the form of a Superboot image (as used on many devices previously), with additional features to resolve the Play Store lack-of-apps issue caused by the lack of a touchscreen feature XML file.

What is this?

Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

What are the pre-requisites?

You need a MOJO (duh) and a USB Male A-A cable to carry out this process. And a computer I suppose (Windows, Mac or Linux).

Any caveats?

You should note that while rooting may affect your ability to receive future OTAs, reverting back to stock is easy enough. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. ;)

Download

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

• Superboot MMM³ - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 835de32dd795d2825ade1ed1be422abf
How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX
  • Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
  • Put your device in bootloader mode - Unplug the power cable and any USB cables (the dongle can stay in), insert the USB Male A-A cable in the port labelled '2.0', then insert the power cable. 'Key driver not found.. Booting OS' will appear on screen.
  • WINDOWS - install the device drivers from the directory you extracted above if required, then run 'superboot-windows.bat' as Administrator
  • MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-mac.sh' followed by 'sudo ./superboot-mac.sh'
  • LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-linux.sh' followed by 'sudo ./superboot-linux.sh'
  • You will see 'Booting downloaded image' and a black screen, then the screen will return to 'Key driver not found.. Booting OS'. At this point, unplug the USB cable and the power cable, wait a few moments, then reconnect the power cable to boot as normal.
For all the missing apps to show up on the Play Store, you may need to clear data on the Play Store in 'Settings -> Applications' and reboot, then run the Play Store again.

Enjoy! :)

P

PS If you find this useful, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription! Visit the store for further details!

mojoroot.jpg

Click here to view the item

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PaulOBrien

Now updated to the 3rd release - MMM³ - which offers even more Play Store compatibility.

The MOJO will now effectively masquerade as a Nexus 10 from a hardware perspective, so everything should really be available. Certainly apps like Facebook now appear properly.

This can be safely used over the top of the previous releases.

P

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest VishnuC

Hi Paul,

I downloaded the superboot r3-mojo file from the following link

http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.php?file=r3-mojo-superboot-mmm.zip

and followed instructions from YouTube video to root my M.O.J.O.

However, I am getting following error:

C:\mojosuperboot>superboot-windows

C:\mojosuperboot>fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x0738 boot boot.superboot.img
downloading 'boot.img'...

FAILED (data transfer failure (Too many links))
finished. total time: 16.260s

C:\mojosuperboot>

Thanks in advance for your / community members help!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Nico 75

Hi there,

I've just recently bought a Mad Catz MOJO. 

I'm having great difficulty trying to root the device. The links I've tried, don't work.  

Does any one have any ideas please?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nico 75

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

Thank you for your help, much appreciated. 

Nico 

• 8 months later...
Guest Hankwaddington

Hi,

In need of some help please,

Every time i try the download link it just opens another window and displays this screen. 

The link provided in the comments takes me to a screen to enter a revel code. I do this and click on download and I get a page with the following error:

Not Found

The requested URL /files/r3-mojo-superboot-mmm.zip was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at wright.modaco.net Port 80

Thanks in advance.

Hank

• 4 weeks later...

My issue is that I keep on getting this message over and over when rooting my Mojo "WINDOWS FOUND DRIVER FOR YOUR DEVICE BUT ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR WHILE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL IT, ACCESS DENIED" how to do I get it fixed? I'm using Windows 10.

• 6 months later...
Guest V3ngeful-Drunk

I am using windows 10, and it says the drivers encountered a problem 

dealing with hash?

I am trying to root the device to be able to upgrade the android version

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Jon Kingsbury

Tried to install the drivers on my PC with Mad Catz box connected (Key driver not found....Booting OS).

Used the link from protivakid (Sep 30, 2017)

Received the following message: See attached.

adb.PNG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.