[DEV][ROM][24.01.14] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.2)

Guest gbosh

Guest Antiseptic

After using tpt that user Trotil provided all problems are gone and everything is working great. Out of 250 system mb, rom and gapps use 212 :-) Definitely one of the best roms. Didn't have much time to try it but battery use is ok as well, I think. From around 8pm to now (11pm), it went from 90% to now 43% with constant wifi connection, installing some apps, messaging etc. About tpt.. I just couldn't get to flash it, so I had to use debranded rom and applied tpt from system update inside of that rom.

Edited by Antiseptic

Guest nico3469

Hi,

I've tried your rom on my Blade S / OSFII and it is very laggy, even after few reboots. The only way to get it normal is to activate airplaine mode...

I don't know if it is normal but I justed wanted to give my feedback.

EDIT : Here's a little video to see what I mean

Edited by nico3469

Hello Antiseptic. Can you tell me which rom you used,and any link, as I am having same problem flashing TPT? Have managed to flash this rom but no space for trimmed gapps.

Thanks in advance

VS5

Guest nico3469

Do you have a Simcard in your phone ?

Not having one could lead to problems.

Could you give a logxat ?

Well you were right, I put my simcard and now it works perfectly, thanks :) 

I guess a logcat is useless now..

Guest Antiseptic

I had that problem of not being able to move apps to sd card. When I used TPT everything was ok, I believe it was a problem with lack of memory. Also, Int2ext+ works so even better.

Not being able to move apps to sd card seems to be a bug, I've encountered it as well,I'll see what I can do.

But, at least I, couldn't use any ROM on this device without Link2SD or Int2ext anyways...

Edited by gbosh

Guest nico3469

I use this phone as an emergency phone and it would be annoying to use link2sd just for 2 or 3 apps (go sms, facebook, etc...).

But otherwise yes I totally agree with you, link2sd is essential for this phone.

Bluetooth. Does anyone have this working yet? I couldn't manage to get a connection, but have had this trouble with other roms. Gone back to 4.0.4 Molten Motherboard where its all ok for the moment.(Keep up the good work Gbosh).

Guest nico3469

Hey gbosh

More things seems to work on the CM11 Blade release (like bluetooth, video recording, etc...) http://www.modaco.com/topic/368013-devrom-301-cyanogenmod-110-android-442/#entry2187028

Have you tried to port it with the ZTE poting tool ? http://www.modaco.com/topic/354193-toollinux-zte-porting-tool/

Maybe we could have some good surprises :)

Guest dodgetimmy

Any idea why theres no "disable charging LED" in settings>system>display in this release? I think it was there in CM10 and from what I understand, should also be part of CM11,

Hey gbosh

More things seems to work on the CM11 Blade release (like bluetooth, video recording, etc...) http://www.modaco.com/topic/368013-devrom-301-cyanogenmod-110-android-442/#entry2187028

Have you tried to port it with the ZTE poting tool ? http://www.modaco.com/topic/354193-toollinux-zte-porting-tool/

Maybe we could have some good surprises :)

For videorecording need some update on /system/etc/media_profiles.xml its needed "480p" options instead of "high" , and set to h263 codec, but seems to need manually setup the camera app that video codec use h263 instead of h264, after video is recorded and saved your sdcard at least it works on skate.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Antiseptic

After using it since it was realised I can say that this is still my favorite rom and I use it daily.

Battery life is great, constant usage with wifi, some calls etc it can last the whole day.

I don't know if this is a bug or just how things are in new version, but when I want to setup a ringtone I can't play the sound and hear - when ringtone is downloaded from zedge or any other app, but works fine for system sounds.

Guest dodgetimmy

There is something wrong with the root/busybox with this rom. Most apps work okay, but there seems to exist a bug when it comes to mounting /system. For example, it's not possible to install system apps because of this.

First off, let me start by congratulating gbosh on this wonderful ROM, nice work mate, full support to keep it going even more!

Second, let me ask just a couple of questions:

1. ART is definitely not working, so no point in trying to select it as a runtime?

2. No matter how many times I tried installing gapps, they aren't there. This isn't a huge problem, but it takes some getting used to, since I was addicted to them to restore my contacts and apps at first boot. So, any advices on how to fix this? (used the gapps from the first thread).

3. The "humming, buzzing" sound is also present here (p736e version). It's not a big deal, as a matter of fact is interesting :-D thought I just report it in.

4. Is there going to be any further work on making the ART work on this ROM?

5. The other thing i noticed is that I can't seem to sign in on..well, everywhere :-D Tried signing into YouTube, it just pops up a dialog and closes it immediately.

Again, thanks for your effort and advices! :-)

Edited by nemacx

Guest dodgetimmy

2. No matter how many times I tried installing gapps, they aren't there. This isn't a huge problem, but it takes some getting used to, sinoce I was addicted to them to restore my contacts and apps at first boot. So, any advices on how to fix this? (used the gapps from the first thread).

5. The other thing i noticed is that I can't seem to sign in on..well, everywhere :-D Tried signing into YouTube, it just pops up a dialog and closes it immediately.

These problems I've encountered before and they are usually down to lack of system space.

check how much free space there is on /system and make sure you have in total 220mb.

The only other problem I can think would be an incorrect download/install. Which cwm recovery version did you use? Did you try re-downloading and installing?

before install, did you factory reset and cleared dalvik cache?

just some things to all;)

you're right about g-bosh though. he's pretty much the only guy left for the crescent willing to port and build these roms. Credit to him and I also hope updates continues *cross fingers*

Edited by dodgetimmy

Guest OuahOuah

Crescent is quite outdated now.

Was well sold in France but now not a lot of people have one. I think same occurs in USA or UK as you can see that there is only one person trying to update the phone. Added to this, some hardware parts are painful because of drivers : lack of correct cameras, and so...

That's sad but normal...

I've had this phone for 2 years 4 months now. Am currently upgrading to the Kitkat 4.2.2. rom. Seems a shame if you are right OuahhOuah, as this phone has come on a long journey. Unfortunately I am not very tech savy, so cannot contribute to development. I hope that Gbosh can push this phone to its very limits.

Perhaps Marx was right after all, when he scorned ................."Capitalism and its built in obsolescence!"

VS5

These problems I've encountered before and they are usually down to lack of system space.

check how much free space there is on /system and make sure you have in total 220mb.

The only other problem I can think would be an incorrect download/install. Which cwm recovery version did you use? Did you try re-downloading and installing?

before install, did you factory reset and cleared dalvik cache?

you're right about g-bosh though. he's pretty much the only guy left for the crescent willing to port and build these roms. Credit to him and I also hope updates continues *cross fingers*

Unfortunately, 200MB is something that i have, only 724KB left :-D So, that's where the problem lies. So, any workaround? It would be nice if I didn't have to rely on Blackmarket, since half my apps are mainly social ones, like Facebook, Messenger, etc.

Well, I did try installing gapps right after installing the ROM, doing the same basic steps, wiping data/factory reset, cache, dalvik.

I just hope he hangs onto this thread, because here lies the true potential of our beloved phones :-D

Guest Antiseptic

Nothing helps, pretty much.. Trimming rom, minimal gapps etc. You will have to use tpt to be able to use everything properly (at least that was the case with my phone - telenor touch plus)