[DEV][ROM][24.01.14] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.2)

Guest gbosh

Guest Typhus_

I have a P736E.

Power and Vol+ doesn't work at my end (never did...guess it never will).

I always use an update.zip (or image.bin file, that has to be on a folder named image at SD's root) to get back to stock again.

I don't know if it helps but HERE (under "Prerequisites") you'll find the TPT I always use. Made them both and it already includes CWM recovery 6.0.3.7.

Flashed CM11, and Gapps, without any issue and tried it without facing any kind of troubles.

Hope it helps someone, somehow.

Cya!

Edited by Typhus_

Guest dodgetimmy

Where did you get that TPT Typhus_ ?

Does it have 220mb of system space? This rom may fit on a 200mb system partition, but not if you want gapps too.

Its very strange that there seems no combination to flash a TPT on p736e outside of recovery or a rom. Btw in newer roms the system update option seems to be missing.

Edited by dodgetimmy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest nemacx

Ok, I've tried using the TPT mentioned in #101, and these are the exact steps I've used:

1. Booted into CWM, applied update.zip (from "Prerequisites" in the link mentioned).

2. Rebooted, tried booting up the system to check if everything is ok (didn't boot, stuck on boot screen saying optimus, don't know if that's the right case).

3. Took out the battery, turned on the phone, entered CWM, installed CM11, gapps, rebooted.

At partition info checked the partition sizes, again getting 200MB /system partition.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Edited by nemacx

Guest Typhus_

From your report you didn't do anything wrong.

But, now that I think of it, I'm not sure if the update.zip makes the correct partitions...I guess that only image.bin will do that.

I think you get stuck on Optimus logo because your system partition remained the same.

I think you should flash a ROM that has less than 200Mb system with update features enabled on it and use the image.bin file.

You may use PirateDroidV2 to do that.

Hope it works for you.

Cheers!

Edited by Typhus_

Guest dodgetimmy

Use an alternate method of flashing a TPT. you can do it in fastboot and also via gingerbread rom system update as mentioned. If all else fails you can always go back to stock using the ZTE flash tool.

Guest nemacx

Sorry for late posting, I got it working, just used the PirateDroid ROM to TPT through System Update the image file :-)

Out of curiosity, anyone managed to get the Google Now working on P736E? With these gapps, I'm getting FC error every time I start a voice search.

Edited by nemacx

Guest dodgetimmy

I don't think its suppose to work, due to the out of date armv6 cpu.

You could try the workaround here, but a quick search shows a few people trying and failing to get it to work on armv6 devices.

Guest nemacx

I don't think its suppose to work, due to the out of date armv6 cpu.

You could try the workaround here, but a quick search shows a few people trying and failing to get it to work on armv6 devices.

Well another fail from me, tried to get it working but similar/same results occur.

Are there any news on an update? Could anyone share with me external app for wifi tethering that is working with this ROM?

• 4 months later...
Guest zaxxon

Hi friends... I guess this thread has come to an end? Seems like our friend gbosh hasn't had time to continue his amazing work. Anyone know of another dev working on this?

• 1 month later...
Guest app10336

Hey app10336 - I'm not sure if this is what you are after but you could try installing TouchPal X, that might give you a way to get emoji's.  Hope that helps.

Hey !

I mean this: (stock keyboard /sms application both)

First picture is this rom

Second is another phone stock kit kat rom

Screenshot_CM11.pngScreenshot_StockKK.png

Blade S / Crescent don't have a lot of memory, so if I can do this without installing another keyboard and sms application.

I tested with swiftkey application ( I really use it ). Same issue, no build in emoji support on blade S / Crescent.

Edited by app10336

Guest zaxxon

I think Gbosh is busy with other things - I think he's stopped working on this ROM, so there are probably lots of things that need further development.  I don't have any more ideas, sorry.

Guest app10336

I think Gbosh is busy with other things - I think he's stopped working on this ROM, so there are probably lots of things that need further development.  I don't have any more ideas, sorry.

Ok, thanks for answer anyway. Maybe other has glue to fix this.

Maybe trying an other "gapps" can fix this. ;)

Edited by app10336

Guest app10336

I don't know if it will help, but you could try this page on XDA.  More information here.

Ok. This links seam confirm that "google keyboard" is linked to emoji support, i'll try it later.

Thanks.

Edited by app10336

• 1 year later...
Guest sjoyce666

I know it's been a while since there was any post in this topic but I have found my old Vivacity and decided to have a play with it

Does anyone have the original ROM file for the Vivacity? The San Fran still points to the correct place to download but Vivacity comes back with a 404 error

Thanks.