• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Now that it is a Lenovo phone what will it happen with Android updates?

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It is on the paper that Lenovo have bought Motorola Mobility Division. One of the main reason for me to buy the MotoG was the direct Google support. In my opinion this phone was the Nexus entry level . If not why buy a phone with locked battery and no external storage ? Furthermore disclosure of financial data revealed that the Motorola takeover from BigG had been failure (bought at 12 sold at 3) this meaning that MotoG and MotoX have been a fiasco

Posted · Report post

Hopefully it won't have much effect on the lifespan of this device. Remember there's a Moto G Play Store edition which is guaranteed to receive fast software updates for the next 18 months. I actually had an IBM thinkpad as my main computer back in 2005 when IBM sold their personal computers to Lenovo. I don't remember there being any problem with their support afterwards. But lets say I'm not too thrilled about this either. After a few years of struggling with support from Chinese mobile companies, I just purchased a Moto G mainly because it was from a Google company. And now I find myself being back with another Chinese company. :P

As for financials, Motorola's patent portfolio was main reason for Google acquisition. You could spit the purchase price four ways. They've already previously sold Motorola mobility home unit for ~$3b, now mobile devices to Lenovo for another ~$3b, Motorola's net assets are about ~$3b which leaves another ~$3b for the value of the patent portfolio. Unit they sold has been highly unprofitable so it makes sense in that perspective as well.

Posted · Report post

Hopefully it won't have much effect on the lifespan of this device. Remember there's a Moto G Play Store edition which is guaranteed to receive fast software updates for the next 18 months. I actually had an IBM thinkpad as my main computer back in 2005 when IBM sold their personal computers to Lenovo. I don't remember there being any problem with their support afterwards. But lets say I'm not too thrilled about this either. After a few years of struggling with support from Chinese mobile companies, I just purchased a Moto G mainly because it was from a Google company. And now I find myself being back with another Chinese company. :P

As for financials, Motorola's patent portfolio was main reason for Google acquisition. You could spit the purchase price four ways. They've already previously sold Motorola mobility home unit for ~$3b, now mobile devices to Lenovo for another ~$3b, Motorola's net assets are about ~$3b which leaves another ~$3b for the value of the patent portfolio. Unit they sold has been highly unprofitable so it makes sense in that perspective as well.

i totally agree with you, I hope that Google will support it in the future. But I am afraid that Nexus is the ony way....

Posted · Report post

Buy a nexus then and quit moaning.

Posted · Report post

Good to see you here, I hope to see soon one of your roms !!! :)

Posted · Report post

Now you will make a CM11 to Lenovo A820 and I very happy!