[ROM][GB-B895] GBXTREME ROM - ✰29032014✰ (MULTIBASEBAND)

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31

furthermore, just to clear up some other things - this is actually based on jsevi83's slim-v7 rom, which already had:

Built on Gingerbread B895 Stock

Deodexed, Busyboxed, rooted

Ouch Kernel v1.0

to which you added (crossed over things that do not actually work without init.d):

sqllite_optimize

zipaligned as standard

Completely overhauled UI, Minimal CyanBread
SpringSteel font

Screenshot & Reboot to Recovery in power menu

Latest Google apps built in, stripped other apps that'll be available in flashable form

Stock AOSP apps such as:

• Mms
  • Launcher
  • Browser
  • Calender
  • Calculator
  • Camera
  • Music & Video
  • Few others

Many performance fixes and enhancements such as:

• Fixed laggy loading spinners
  • Scrolling smoothness improved a lot
  • RAM use is more efficient
  • Less background battery drain
  • Better screen clarity - Bravia Engine™
  • Modified DSP Manager - newer and better audio libs
  • Adblocking hosts file - Use adaway to keep it p to date
  • Latest superuser binaries and SuperSU application
  • More technical background stuff you probably dont care about

Lots of fun stuff too such as:

• Built in overclocking tool, header to access it is in settings similar to CM.
  • CyanogenMod 11 ringtones, notification tones and alarms
  • KitKat UI tones such as camera shutter etc.
  • New easteregg, probably the best feature (bein' sarcastic here)
  • CM statistics, mainly for me. I'd just like to know how many people use my ROMs   :P

for which we all thank you, appreciate it, and respect your work - but don't get all defensive when someone points out a problem, everybody makes mistakes (and i am first one to admit it when that happens to me)

Most of those things you crossed out don't have anything to do with Init.d rofl, the scrolling spinners are a framework mod which functions fine. Maybe you have eye problems as they are very smooth when they spin. sqlite and zipaligning, you are right about those, but to be honest it seems they don't even matter so frankly idc. Scrolling, Ram, and battery are all part of the framework.jar, however there was an extra tweak for battery in init.d form which obviously hasn't been working then, but then again, the battery is great so idc once again. Now please stop trying to repair things as its cluttering up the thread, if you have a fix for init.d, make a flashable zip that applies that zip along with deleting all the rogue scripts and be done. I'll add it to the OP.  I don't see the point of these huge paragraphs of confusion for those who are new to modding. Thanks.

Guest pOcHa

sorry, didn't check the framework.jar at all, assumed it was just the usual theming and power menu stuff - but you are right, will uncross loading spinners (no, wasn't aware how they worked before) and scrolling cache (sorry again, assumed you meant the scrolling responsiveness tweak from the adrenaline engine script)

though didn't find anything noticeable enough concerning ram and battery (except stats) - but what i did notice is you shamelessly removing credits for that android zombie art... tsk, tsk  :P

what peeved me so, and started all of this (and caused me to doubt all your other modifications), is the best advice I have for all new to modding: do not just blindly rely on "optimization" and "performance" scripts (the likes of V6 super charger, kick ass kernelizer, adrenaline engine, pure...) as they are usually custom tailored for a specific phone or rom - most of the tweaks generally work on any android, but just enough of them are so specific as to cause problems on others, and all of them have certain drawbacks, which not everyone is willing to accept... so, best case scenario - no matter how extensively you tested them (or didn't at all in this case), always offer them as addons

no need to add anything to the OP, everything works as is - anybody searching the thread specifically for init.d will find my Patch3c, so as not to confuse others needlessly as you rightly say

again, don't take it so personally

Edited by pOcHa

Guest kyan31

sorry, didn't check the framework.jar at all, assumed it was just the usual theming and power menu stuff - but you are right, will uncross loading spinners (no, wasn't aware how they worked before) and scrolling cache (sorry again, assumed you meant the scrolling responsiveness tweak from the adrenaline engine script)

though didn't find anything noticeable enough concerning ram and battery (except stats) - but what i did notice is you shamelessly removing credits for that android zombie art... tsk, tsk

what peeved me so, and started all of this (and caused me to doubt all your other modifications), is the best advice I have for all new to modding: do not just blindly rely on "optimization" and "performance" scripts (the likes of V6 super charger, adrenaline engine, pure...) as they are usually custom tailored for a specific phone or rom - most of the tweaks generally work on any android, but just enough of them are so specific as to cause problems on others, and all of them have certain drawbacks, which not everyone is willing to accept... so, best case scenario - no matter how extensively you tested them (or didn't at all in this case), always offer them as addons

no need to add anything to the OP, everything works as is - anybody searching the thread specifically for init.d will find my Patch3c, so as not to confuse others needlessly as you rightly say

again, don't take it so personally

"Noticed"? It's not like I tried to hide it lol, its replaced with something else - I can't remember what though. And I'm sorry to whoever made it, i'm sure they will forgive me. I don't see any big issue there though so why point it out? Secondly, I didn't use any V6 supercharger or any of those weird ass mod packs so I don't know where you got that from. I made these basic scripts myself and i'm surprised they caused so much issue as they only do things like change the SD read ahead and so on.

And one more point you don't seem to understand is overall, the rom works fine so I still don't understand your need to fix things. You may point out my error with respect, but why fix it? It's just a waste of time as everything still performs well anyway.

...ahhh, ok, my last post here - that credit thing was meant as a jab, added a smiley now to clarify

and not one of those scripts are yours (we all use other people's stuff, no shame in that as long as we leave the proper credits in the header), and the 3 problematic ones are from adrenaline engine, and now you're being obtuse on purpose, ffs

Guest predragiPredrag

So after several days of usage with pOcHa patch, there is battery drainage, and several times I had severe lags :(

I only have whatsapp and Viber with gmail running.

Guest TiMi79

So after several days of usage with pOcHa patch, there is battery drainage, and several times I had severe lags :(

I am running this pach from the day one since it's came out, and in my case everything works great. No battery drain and no lag.

did you flash the latest patch (3c), and did you not mess with it yourself as you clearly intended in a couple of posts back (or used any custom init.d scripts)?

also, over on another thread you mentioned that your battery needs replacement - are you still using the same one, and did you try this rom without the patch at all?

works flawlessly for me as well - forgot myself when trying out angry birds epic, played for hours and without any slowdowns (on ics it starts lagging more and more, as the revealed map gets bigger)

Guest predragiPredrag

I did not fiddle with it, it was hard to resist the heed :P :D I only fiddled with rom, and I removed voice.apk and add HW File manager :)

I am on same battery, but  on other roms drainage was not this fast. This rom is best for our phone, but I will probably need to change battery.

Also I am moving on S3 ( found one for 160E + 18m of warranty :))

Guest kyan31

...ahhh, ok, my last post here - that credit thing was meant as a jab, added a smiley now to clarify

and not one of those scripts are yours (we all use other people's stuff, no shame in that as long as we leave the proper credits in the header), and the 3 problematic ones are from adrenaline engine, and now you're being obtuse on purpose, ffs

I was referring to the other scripts, not the sqlite and zipaligning ones, I already covered that.

Guest kyan31

dont install 3rd party mods.

Guest predragiPredrag

dont install 3rd party mods.

I had to try it, he is my countrymen :D

Also, can you make version that is flashable over TWRP, latest CWM almost killed my phone :/

Or I can use B1 with latest patch2?

Guest kyan31

I had to try it, he is my countrymen :D

Also, can you make version that is flashable over TWRP, latest CWM almost killed my phone :/

Or I can use B1 with latest patch2?

yes, you can use b1 and patch 2, its the same thing. you dont need the latest cwm for this rom as its gb, even the oldest one will work fine.

Guest predragiPredrag

I did that :) btw there is strange bug in your rom. When I did factory reset so I could give G300 to my brother notification bar disapeard, and option in Display menu is also gone.

Guest dalyer

Guys, just use the ROM as is. Don't worry about all this nonsense from Pocha. The ROM works completely fine so enjoy.

My gf has been running the ROM (as is - no patches) for several weeks now and it has all been working fine.

Thanks again for the ROM! :D

Guest dalyer

Oh - maybe I'm doing something stupid here but for the first time since installing GBX I connected the phone to the laptop via USB and don't get any USB storage/transfer option.

Any tips?

Guest laurisss

What rom you would recommend this or Super slim 7? This problematic scripts made me confused.

BTW, is getting ICS recent apps on GB possible? I want to close the apps that i dont use anymore because it just stays running in the background

Edited by laurisss

no scripts are currently running (by mistake), so it's perfectly fine as it is now - but if you ever wish to enable proper init.d support, you'll need my patch (if you enable it any other way, with some app for example, the problematic scripts will then start to cause trouble)

if you don't know what init.d is, or why you would need it - then you don't need it after all (and the rom is still great without it)

this rom and super-slim-v1 are both based on slim-v7 by jsevi83, the differences are mostly just cosmetic - and they all run pretty much the same

Edited by pOcHa

Guest laurisss

no scripts are currently running (by mistake), so it's perfectly fine as it is now - but if you ever wish to enable proper init.d support, you'll need my patch (if you enable it any other way, with some app for example, the problematic scripts will then start to cause trouble)

if you don't know what init.d is, or why you would need it - then you don't need it after all (and the rom is still great without it)

this rom and super-slim-v1 are both based on slim-v7 by jsevi83, the differences are mostly just cosmetic - and they all run pretty much the same

You wrote that in Patch3c(or b?) you added some of your scripts. Will Init.d enable right away when I flash your patch?

Guest kyan31

You wrote that in Patch3c(or b?) you added some of your scripts. Will Init.d enable right away when I flash your patch?

Just flash the rom laurisss, dont worry about anything else.

Edited by kyan31

Guest dalyer

Multibaseband - means working in 2030 Baseband?

Yes. But Kyan recommends 19808/GB baseband here:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/368846-romgb-b895-gbxtreme-rom-%E2%9C%B029032014%E2%9C%B0-multibaseband/#entry2193175

And that way you don't have any ICS bootloader issues (e.g. 3G reboots on unofficially unlocked BB) either.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

Oh - maybe I'm doing something stupid here but for the first time since installing GBX I connected the phone to the laptop via USB and don't get any USB storage/transfer option.

Any tips?

Sorry to bump this but anybody got any ideas?

I know that there are alternatives (e.g. Airdroid, CWM mount USB etc.) but I just wondered why direct connection didn't give any option to copy files to sd...

Edited by dalyer

Guest kyan31

Sorry to bump this but anybody got any ideas?

I know that there are alternatives (e.g. Airdroid, CWM mount USB etc.) but I just wondered why direct connection didn't give any option to copy files to sd...

There is a prompt to turn on USB storage, don't you have that? If not you should probably look into reinstalling the ROM.

Edited by kyan31

Guest dalyer

Thanks. No - there's no prompt. If/when I get my hands on the phone again I'll look at it again.

Edit: ah - just realised - I had updated the USB drivers on my laptop but had not rebooted so I think this was the problem because some other USB devices were also not recognized until a reboot. Sorry about that. I'll double check when I have the phone in my hands again but I suspect that this was the problem after all...  :blush:  :)

Edited by dalyer

Guest earthwalker

Hi guys,

Is there any way to delete the home screens in excess ?

What about the recent apps, is it possible to close them?

Thanks