[ROM][GB-B895] GBXTREME ROM - ✰29032014✰ (MULTIBASEBAND)

Guest kyan31

Guest truman8

I have just installed Gbxtreme, but I have two problems: google play=server error and the home button is not working? It is only vibrating when clicked.  :unsure:

Guest truman8

Did you do a clean install with all relevant wipes/formats?

Was the ROM download intact?

Did the home button work on your previous ROM?

Yes, I think I did all the steps with the wipes and the ROM was the one from the first post, using CWM. I have also deleted cache from Google apps, but maybe I should try a newer version? The first message is something about updating Google Play, but one second after that I get "The application Google Play Store has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

The home button was working great in CM11.

Just to be clear you don't need to install Google apps separately with this ROM.

If you are doing that then maybe that's the problem?

Don't know about the home button issue - sorry.

But I would try a clean reinstall just to see if that helps with either or both issues.

Hope this helps.

Guest truman8

Just to be clear you don't need to install Google apps separately with this ROM.

If you are doing that then maybe that's the problem?

Don't know about the home button issue - sorry.

But I would try a clean reinstall just to see if that helps with either or both issues.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip! I did a new install without the gapps and now even the homw buton is working.

Now i nave to get used to Work with GB again :)

Why do you want to remove the custom recovery?

Why not just leave it?

It doesn't do any harm to have it even if you are not planning to use it.

The thread that you cite doesn't seem to have an obviously failsafe way to restore the stock recovery.

If it was me I'd just leave well enough alone - i.e. just leave the current custom recovery where it is.

Hope this helps.

Why do you want to remove the custom recovery?

Why not just leave it?

It doesn't do any harm to have it even if you are not planning to use it.

The thread that you cite doesn't seem to have an obviously failsafe way to restore the stock recovery.

If it was me I'd just leave well enough alone - i.e. just leave the current custom recovery where it is.

Hope this helps.

well, i was thinking if someone steals my phone that he/she has a little bit more hard to work for wiping out this rom, so that i have more time to locate it.

OK. But I don't think that this gives you much more protection really. And I haven't seen any obvious/failsafe/proven way to restore the stock recovery here on this forum. The thread that you linked to seems to be inconclusive/speculative?

Guest 21e1c87f9d9

i have found minor problems one doesnt suport poter unlock? the quad lockscreen, and in messaging if you choosesettings and go to music it forceclose and in settings/sounds/ choose ringtone and when you choose music it doesnt go to music? pls fix good rom

Guest bobs353

Hi would like to say this rom is great so far ... only 2 minor problems i have found the main problem is the volume of the ringtone it seems a bit quieter than it use to be ... when i play the song in music player sounds as normal but when as a ringtone a lot quieter and yes i have checked the ringtone volume and that is at it's max ... the next problem which really is not a big problem but i went playing with DSP Manager and when i put on the equalizer under phone speaker and then select a preset it crashes and then the pop up just keeps coming up saying it has crashed even after reboot .. any help ??

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ngiulett

Hi,

is possible to port systemui.apk from another rom (like Atomicmod that is ICS themed)? 

If not, someone want help me with modding of the general ui of this rom?

Since i'm bored with GB ui , i want to do: new general ui design, for example, statusbar like jellybean or kitkat with new toggles , transparent background. (i tried Tinted statusbar with xposed but doesn't work full, it can change the right side of statusbar but not left side :/ maybe because systemui.apk also depends framework-res-hwext.apk ), new lockscreen ( like ICS with music widget if possible). But for now i'm not able to do this alone so i need help :)

Now  i have successfully changed Font, transition animations , systemui sounds and some other little thing.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wolf138

I really like this rom and I don't want to change it but from a while battery is getting low very quickly. 10% in 4 minutes without doing anything:( I did factory reset, wiped battery stats, bought new battery and nothing. Please help, what could be the problem?

I doubt that it's the ROM anyway.

Battery life was fine for me.

Have you tried the new battery with any other ROM?

Maybe that's the problem?

Other than that use the usual tools to diagnose what's using the battery up - CPU Spy, BetterBatteryStats, WakelockDetector, Gsam Battery Monitor etc.

Guest thomasl152

Hi, i flashed this ROM on my wife's phone, and everything works fine except that if she receives a text message whilst on a phone call, the incoming text will drop the call she is on! Anyone else had this problem? she is using chomp SMS as her text messaging app. Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
Guest KennyPowers2000

After I got the G300 unlocked and running on a different network, every now and then some SMS messages and phone calls don't go through.

Anyone else has any similar problems with this ROM?

I've never seen that problem with this ROM.

Try a clean reinstall maybe?

Probably not significant but I tend to use Textra rather than any other messaging client.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr Hip

I have just installed GBXtreme with some help from dalyer and want to thank you, kyan, for your efforts. I am looking forward to exploring the options your ROM gives me.

What happens?

Never had that problem with this ROM.

Make sure that you are entering valid Google account credentials.

If you are and it doesn't work then try reflashing the ROM and make sure to do all relevant wipes/formats in recovery.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys,

Is there any way to delete the home screens in excess ?

Thanks

Hey guys,

Trying this ROM for the first time and so far I'm liking it!

But, as earthwalker, I would like to erase the exceeding home screens... how do I do that?...

Thanks