• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Android 4.4 KitKat Beta

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi trikomlabs

i have rooted my P6, i dont have recovery instaled.

thats stock rom?

how can i intall?

if i install it, when the oficial KK stock version is released will that beta version update itself? or i will have to install stock room for the oficial KK be instaled by the update menu in options?

thanks in advance!

Posted · Report post

could anyone give a litle help here?

i want to install kitkat but need aswers from post above... thnks

Posted · Report post

This is not the only forum for Huawei, especially P6. Go to xda. There is more animation there.

As far as i know, this is an official leaked beta. The installation is made by placing  the update.app, found in the archive, in a certain folder of the sdcard. The phone has to be started in a certain state (vol +- and power) and the update will begin. Seems confusing...go to xda. You will found all the info you need.

Posted · Report post

You have to put the UPDATE.APP file into a folder with the name "dload".

Without "..

Place the folder (with the file in it) on the root of your MicroSD card.

When You have this, power off your P6.

Now hold both the vol up and vol down buttons.

Keep holding them and push the power button. When You see the boot animation, release the power button, and keep holding the volume buttons untill You see a black screen with a lots of writings about that the update has begin. Release the keys. Wait...

The phone will boot up automatically after the update.

I don't recommend this KitKat ROM.

I was using it for a few days. The battery drain is horrible! There aren't any Google services. For me it wasn't a problem, as there are a lots of other markets where You can get every stuff needed, but the incredibly fast battery drain made the phone useless..

I recommend You to use the B125 official ROM.

You can find that (and every other ROMs for P6) on XDA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/ascend-p6/orig-development

Posted · Report post

I plan to buy this phone , did anyone test it with kitkat ?