Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glossywhite

San Diegos BRAND NEW on eBay, for £69.99 + FREE P&P

18 posts in this topic

Are the tools to root and Xolo still available... been mooching but the links I found were dead..

Are the tools to root and Xolo still available... been mooching but the links I found were dead..

I'm guessing this is one of those 'computer says NO' moments  :huh:

I'm guessing this is one of those 'computer says NO' moments  :huh:

I've PMed you.

They're all online - I had a little re-shuffle on dropbox, last year:

OSD root/unroot for Linux: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4imwr5ys7tvokb/osd_root_unroot_linux.zip

OSD root/unroot for Windows: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sy07kaopwc6dbtw/osd_root_unroot_windows.exe

XOLO *signed* ICS (ZIP): https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5nfobnbdq4ll3d/xolo_x900_ics_signed_update.zip

Orange *signed* ICS (ZIP): https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpj8q79zumoyt0r/orange_sandiego_ics_signed_update.zip

PS: Orange, as a company, are a crock. Won't expand on it, as I like to be calm :)

Edited by glossywhite

Thanks for posting the files...

PS: Orange, as a company, are a crock. Won't expand on it, as I like to be calm  :)

I get the feeling alot of others share your views  :D

Been thinking.. can root be achieved while on 2.3 or do you have to update to Oranges ICS? I don't mind the stock versions just as long as I can root, then root uninstall all the rubbish.. 

Edited by Ryan06

Thanks for posting the files...

I get the feeling alot of others share your views  :D

Been thinking.. can root be achieved while on 2.3 or do you have to update to Oranges ICS? I don't mind the stock versions just as long as I can root, then root uninstall all the rubbish.. 

I believe the exploit used to achieve root is only available in ICS not GB.

I believe the exploit used to achieve root is only available in ICS not GB.

Do you know which flavour is rootable BlueMoonRising, the Orange branded ICS or the Xolo version?

Both are rootable - just steer clear of further updates.

Edited by Biohead

Your a star Biohead.

I don't want to bend your ear too much but when updating to ICS from GB does that root killing update come with it or is it a separate download.. what I mean is would I need a modded version of the ICS file..

Better say sorry to GW for hijacking this thread... 

Edited by Ryan06

No it's a separate download - it will usually prompt you to update the phone through the auto-updater. 

Spot on!

Think I might just give one a go, wait 6 months and then giffgaff it..

Honestly, if you can find a RAZR i for a bit more - it's certainly a much better buy. It's also got the faster Atom processor amongst all the other stuff previously mentioned - and you can get the unlock code for a few quid off ebay.

In 6 months time (which is a fair amount of time, and then say another 2 months for EE to process the unlock), would you really want to be using the OSD? It's build quality is extremely poor - in that time you'll almost certainly have cracks forming, a white patch on the screen... Specs aren't everything unfortunately. I know it's cheap - but there's a reason for that.

Yes.... absolutely right, the voice of reason. You're not the first to say that. I almost convinced myself it was the best option. 

Missed a grade A Razr i on Amazon today for £78, was so pi$$ed off for not buying it! I had a bloody good chat to myself and came quite close to throwing myself a bloody good beating. I'm still stewing about it now!!

C'est la vie  :angry:

Edited by Ryan06

Yes.... absolutely right, the voice of reason. You're not the first to say that. I almost convinced myself it was the best option. 

Missed a grade A Razr i on Amazon today for £78, was so pi$$ed off for not buying it! I had a bloody good chat to myself and came quite close to throwing myself a bloody good beating. I'm still stewing about it now!!

C'est la vie  :angry:

As you know I'm in total agreement with BioHead and I own an OSD so I'm not exactly biased against it. Ignore the cheap price and put it towards a better phone, Moto G or RAZR i or whatever. The Moto G is also unlockable immediately for around £2 and even has KitKat or an unofficial CyanogenMod 11. It really is a no brainer and I can guarantee you'll regret buying the OSD.

OK thanks BMR... It's a pity the phone has a bad rep because on paper it looks great.. I suppose the Intel/Orange choice to lock it down and poor build quality didn't do it any favours.

Thanks chaps..

[EDIT]

Grabbed a Razr i from cex - £77.50 with special. Was a grade C with o2 but I was lucky enough to end up with an unlocked phone. The condition is pretty good in all honesty, just some rub marks on the 4 corners and the Intel inside branding on the rear cover is wearing, screen is spotless.

Really is a nice looking handset. 

Edited by Ryan06