• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Moto G bug fix update announced

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

New update announced from Motorola UK  176.44.1

https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/98313/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzkyMzczMDc5L3NpZC9ZRVBtS1VNbA==/action/auth

ENHANCEMENTS

This Moto G software update is for all users. After installing the software update, you will notice numerous enhancements and changes, including:

• Fixed temporary cellular network loss
  • Fixed an issue which could lead to temporary loss of cellular network service for a small number of Moto G customers.
  • Fixed wallpaper cropping issue
  • Fixed an issue which could cause the home screen wallpaper on some devices to be cropped after rebooting the phone.
  • Resolved USB OTG support issue
  • Resolved a USB On The Go support issue that prevented Moto G from writing data to a connected USB storage device.
  • Fixed voice call volume issue
  • Fixed an issue where the volume of voice calls heard through the device earpiece could gradually become too low.
Edited by spannerz

Posted

Hi thanks. Do you have news for EU firmware ?

Posted

No sign yet online but I guess it'll be coming soon

Posted

Just used the OTA zip on my retail DE Moto G and it works. Baseband version has ben upgraded.

Posted

Does this update take time to get t those who bought the Moto G from Tesco...?

Just bought mine yesterday and whilst it did update to KK it is on an earlier build to that noted in the link.

Posted

The Tesco Moto G's were getting the KitKat update pretty early on so no reason to think it'll be much different to this update. Not everyone gets the update at the same time, even with Tesco Moto G's kitkat update.

Posted

:)

post-946373-13929327208527_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

Hmmm...my phone tells me it's up to date when I check, but it's not on that version number yet (on retail ROM, not Tesco)

Edited by jazzuk777

Posted

Same here anyone extracted the update, to install manually?

Posted

@Loren82, What is the size of that update?

Posted

Fot those,who still didnt get update.Download the update manually (link is on xda for example),put it on sdcard and then check for updates again.

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if this affects root or any framework modifications?

I've got a Tesco 16gb Moto G, updated to Kitkat, unlocked and rooted, with the xposed framework / wanam kit installed. Anyone else in a similar situation applied the 176.44.1 patch yet? 

Cheers

Update: Took the plunge and can confirm the update works and maintains root after the OTA upgrade. Had to re-enable Xposed, but all modules were active again after a reboot.

Edited by joefez

Posted (edited)

Remove in protest of intellitxt ads. 

Edited by MrPuddington

Posted

Does it also fix the battery life issue if Location Services are turned on? On my phone, that makes standby battery life drop from 2 weeks to just over 2 days. 

It does not seem that it did. But at least this update did not break anything else for me. I call that a success. 

Posted

When I ran this update (OTA) on a handset with retail stock rom it has caused problems where there were none before.

Now I am unable to make calls full stop most of the time.  If I can make a call (one in fourty chance maybe) the end call button appears to end at call receiving side, but not on the Moto G and nothing will end except a reset.

Can I rollback as this is useless - a phone that can't phone.