Moto G bug fix update announced

Guest spannerz

Guest spannerz

New update announced from Motorola UK  176.44.1

https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/98313/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzkyMzczMDc5L3NpZC9ZRVBtS1VNbA==/action/auth

ENHANCEMENTS

This Moto G software update is for all users. After installing the software update, you will notice numerous enhancements and changes, including:

• Fixed temporary cellular network loss
  • Fixed an issue which could lead to temporary loss of cellular network service for a small number of Moto G customers.
  • Fixed wallpaper cropping issue
  • Fixed an issue which could cause the home screen wallpaper on some devices to be cropped after rebooting the phone.
  • Resolved USB OTG support issue
  • Resolved a USB On The Go support issue that prevented Moto G from writing data to a connected USB storage device.
  • Fixed voice call volume issue
  • Fixed an issue where the volume of voice calls heard through the device earpiece could gradually become too low.
Edited by spannerz

Guest dibbles

Does this update take time to get t those who bought the Moto G from Tesco...?

Just bought mine yesterday and whilst it did update to KK it is on an earlier build to that noted in the link.

Guest spannerz

The Tesco Moto G's were getting the KitKat update pretty early on so no reason to think it'll be much different to this update. Not everyone gets the update at the same time, even with Tesco Moto G's kitkat update.

Guest jazzuk777

Hmmm...my phone tells me it's up to date when I check, but it's not on that version number yet (on retail ROM, not Tesco)

Edited by jazzuk777

Does anyone know if this affects root or any framework modifications?

I've got a Tesco 16gb Moto G, updated to Kitkat, unlocked and rooted, with the xposed framework / wanam kit installed. Anyone else in a similar situation applied the 176.44.1 patch yet? 

Cheers

Update: Took the plunge and can confirm the update works and maintains root after the OTA upgrade. Had to re-enable Xposed, but all modules were active again after a reboot.

Edited by joefez

Guest MrPuddington

Does it also fix the battery life issue if Location Services are turned on? On my phone, that makes standby battery life drop from 2 weeks to just over 2 days. 

It does not seem that it did. But at least this update did not break anything else for me. I call that a success. 

Guest mandr0id

When I ran this update (OTA) on a handset with retail stock rom it has caused problems where there were none before.

Now I am unable to make calls full stop most of the time.  If I can make a call (one in fourty chance maybe) the end call button appears to end at call receiving side, but not on the Moto G and nothing will end except a reset.

Can I rollback as this is useless - a phone that can't phone.