Android for Gemini q9909

Guest nickyta

Guest nickyta
Hello everyone. 

I just registered on the forum and I apologize if I'm not using it properly. 

As I put the title of the message need help to update to android 4.2 gemini q9909 as it has installed 4.1 and have many problems. I've been about to send it to SAT, but would be a long time without it and  at the store where I bought said it is problem of android 4.1. On the official website of gemini device I see no update and searching I found this page. 
Can you tell me if there is any way to have android 4.2 on this tablet and how can I install? 

Thanks in advance for your help and greetings

Guest nickyta
Hello again. 
Just wanted to add that I do not recommend buying anything gemini devices, made ​​an answer 11 days agoa  on the website of geminidevice, which puts that answer within 48 hours maximum but try to do it in 24 hours and I'm still waiting. After-sales service void.

Guest nickyta
Thanks for your answer. 

The first said geminidevice replied me today, finally, saying they sorry for the problems and to initiate a RMA to ship. 
I do not want to send it for repair for 2 reasons. Firstly because I do not know what it would cost me to ship it to the UK from Spain and back (when I bought had service in Spain and now it seems that not also say that if its software problem , as I think it is, I would bear the shipping charges and return with what you put me on a peak), and second because I know who has spent more than two months with tablet on the SAT and in the end they have returned money. I'd rather take a chance and put a rom and test whether it is compatible or not, if not for bad luck, because the store where I bought it say it is problem of android 4.1 and an update would be solved.So all I had to geminidevice, ask if there is an update to android 4.2 and if  plan to have it but only tell my that send RMA.

Greetings

Guest nickyta

Hi again.

At last, gemini have an update for gemini q9909. I will try and hope resolve all problems.

Greetings

Edited by nickyta

Guest nickyta
Hello again.

Just mention that yesterday I installed the new rom and it seems that although I've tried recently, solved the problems I had to open applications, forcing closures ...
I had a hard time installing it because BatchTool not recognize the tablet, although it is assumed that already comes with the drivers . I tried to do with the rom on the sd card but had problems with the recovery and recovery to start in the robot remained lying .
I installed the generic rockchip there for 3188 and the same. Then I tried one that is installed with the application ArcTools ( or something ) and that no robot or anything,  not even turn on.
I finally found a program that installs rockchip drivers . The first does not work for me , but I found another that I installed after uninstalling the previous one. The tablet was "dead" and did not turn anything and with that the computer detected it as a mass storage drive . BatchTool finally recognized , but with light pink instead of green , so I gave him a "switch" and turned green and I could install the rom and update.

I tell you all this if it happens to someone else.

The new rom has very few applications installed and no apk google .

regards

• 1 year later...
Guest chini7236

good morning
I need the stock rom the tablet gemq9909, if someone could tell me where to find it, I'd appreciate it.
I look at the official website, but the link is broken.
Thanks for everything

• 8 months later...
Guest samyyaw

I did factory reset on my gemq909 and am facing the following problems:

1. Camera displays "unfortunately gallery has stopped"

2. Auto screen rotation doesn't work

3. Cannot play sound

Please help me fix it

Guest samyyaw

I did factory reset on my gemq909 and am facing the following problems:

1. Camera displays "unfortunately gallery has stopped"

2. Auto screen rotation doesn't work

3. Cannot play sound

Please help me fix it

Guest samyyaw
On 3/27/2014 at 7:40 AM, nickyta said:

Hi again.

At last, gemini have an update for gemini q9909. I will try and hope resolve all problems.

Greetings

Can you get me a link to the update?

• 1 year later...
Guest pivan78

Hello.

I was wondering something about this tablet and is not possible find original stock rom anywhere..

Then I was make dump from my tablet, try another one rom and put back original rom. Everything working.

But this tablet GEMQ9909 is absolutely useless and slow (parameters are good, but firmware is s**t). Now I will find, how to port another rom onto this tablet. (Already I was try another ROMS, but wifi and touchscreen not working, then I was put back original, until find solution)..

If somebody want help me, just let me know and I'm able upload my ROM dump somewhere for download..

Thank you.

• 9 months later...