Ask MoDaCo - the HTC One (M8)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

We're taking your question on HTC's new flagship, the HTC One (M8).

We've been putting a device through it's paces for the last week in preparation for our full review, so we should be able to fill in any little details you're missing form the announcement.

Ask away below and we'll do our best to answer! :)

Posted Image

Click here to view the item

Guest RaiderX303

Does this have any of the issues the original one had with build quality, like gaps around edge, sim tray not flat or power button not sticking out enough?

Guest arghness

Just read your review. Do you think that the "Duo" camera was worth the loss of optical image stabilisation? I'd expect that the biggest plus point of the good low light camera performance might be affected by the removal of OIS.

Guest PaulOBrien

Does this have any of the issues the original one had with build quality, like gaps around edge, sim tray not flat or power button not sticking out enough?

It seems MUCH better in that regard!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Just read your review. Do you think that the "Duo" camera was worth the loss of optical image stabilisation? I'd expect that the biggest plus point of the good low light camera performance might be affected by the removal of OIS.

HTC's experts tell me the OIS equivalent features enabled by the duo camera are effectively as good, so it's a non issue!

P

Guest Mario G

Hi Paul,

Great and very informative review of the HTC One M8.

Do you know what kind of battery do they put inside the new 'One'? Is it a Lithium Ion or a Lithium Polymer battery as it was in the old HTC One?

Another thing is, in your review you mention the front camera on the face of the phone to have 5M pixels. Are they u pixels, as the ones on the back? What about the pixel count of the rear camera?

Did HTC really remove the Optical Image Stabilisation from its rear camera? Why would they have done that?

Can you tell us what USB version does the new HTC support? Does it support USB 3?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Guest StripLV

You know what is the bad side of this phone:

- too big - I hope they will release a "mini" with 4,3"

- no Trackpad/Mouse (that sucks most on all Smartphones that this useful feature is no more available

- the new Dialer App: no more scrolling through the saved numbers (home/office/mobile) of a contact with swiping over the contact left/right (altough this was really perfect when you have had a trackpad). I really use this feature daily with my ONE S. And now? If you swipe right/left you´ll get the "favorites" and "contacts" I like the "old" Version (sense 4+) of the dialer where you have this buttons on the BOTTOM....

and finally:

- what I really don´t understand that the developers are not putting the "control" buttons to the bottom of the screen? Why on the top? You need fingers like Goliath to reach the bottons! For example in the mail app the "search", "menu" "write new mail"

Guest James Norton

I love HTC for listening to feedback and providing a microSD slot in the M8. 

Do you think that is why they did it?  I have some doubts given the restrictions that KitKat imposes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.